These crispy 15 Minute Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are low carb, Whole 30 Friendly and packed with so much flavor. Healthy and nutritious zucchini coated in eggs and a seasoned almond flour blend then air fried to crispy perfection without any oil at all! This is a healthy appetizer or side dish your family and friends will go crazy for!
M family and I are so into anything in fry form right now, so these super crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are always a hit! Plus this recipe helps me easily get my kids to eat their veggies which is a daily battle, even for me. If you are mom, then you probably know this all too well.
Veggie fries of any kind like these insanely delicious carrot fries or these equally good Eggplant Fries are fun to make and eat and just an easy way to reform your veggies into crispy fried deliciousness without any oil or guilt.
Why you will just love this recipe
- Quick and easy and can be made in 15 minutes!
- Crispy fries made with no oil
- Low calorie, keto-friendly and Whole30-Friendly
- No breadcrumbs so these fries are gluten free
- Your kids will love them!
- Packed with so much flavor
- Perfectly crispy and totally guilt-free!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make air fryer zucchini fries
You can easily make this recipe in 15 minutes or less in only a few simple steps.
- Cut the zucchini. To cut the zucchini into fries, slice off the ends of each zucchini, then slice each one right in half, by placing a large kitchen knife on the center and slicing through. Then cut each half in half lengthwise and cut them into fries that are 3-4 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare the coating mixture. In a shallow bowl, crack and whisk the egg and season it with salt and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the almond flour with the parmesan cheese, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Coat the zucchini fries. Set up a dredging area to coat the fries. Place the bowls with the egg and the coating next to the cut zucchini fries. Then coat each piece of zucchini in egg then in the almond flour mixture, pressing the coating into the zucchini as you coat it. Place the coated zucchini fries onto a plate or baking sheet. Continue coating all of the zucchini.
- Cook the zucchini fries. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket well with olive oil spray. Working in batches, place some of the zucchini fries in a single layer into the air fryer basket and spray them well with more olive oil. Close the basket and cook them for 4 minutes. Then flip them over, spray them well again with the olive oil spray and cook them for 4 more minutes. Place them onto a plate or platter. Continue until you have cooked all of the zucchini.
- Serve. You will want to serve these warm with your favorite dipping sauce. See below for dipping sauce recommendations.
Best dipping sauces for zucchini fries
Here are a few of my favorite dipping sauces to pair with this recipe.
- Easy yum, yum sauce – I used olive oil instead of butter and avocado mayo
- Tomato sauce – whatever your favorite brand is.
- Green Goddess dressing – Because it really does go with everything!
- Romesco sauce – Yes this is so good with these fries!
- Ketchup – My kids favorite. Any kind you like!
Can you make these in the oven?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made in the oven. It will take a little bit longer than the air fryer but they will still be crispy and delicious. To make them in the oven, coat the zucchini fries, then place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer, spray them with olive oil spray and bake them at 425 degrees F for 18-25 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
You can easily store these fries by letting them cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you want to reheat these air fryer zucchini fries, remove them from the refrigerator and place them in a single layer in the air fryer preheated to 390 degrees F. Spray them with cooking spray, close the air fryer basket and cook them for 3-4 minutes.
Can you Make these ahead?
This recipe can easily be made ahead of time. To make ahead you will need to cook them first and then store them for up to three days as noted above. Then you can reheat them in the air fryer or in the oven. See above for reheating instructions.
What to serve with these zucchini fries
This recipe is so great all on it’s own but here are some of my favorite recipes to pair it with!
- Healthy Turkey Burger, Chickpea Cauliflower Burger or this Easy Black Bean Burger
- Easy Vegan Roasted Veggies and Hummus Sandwich
- Best Vegan Sandwich
- 10 Minute Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad
- Simple Chickpea Chicken Salad
Other air fryer recipes you may also enjoy!
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges
- Low Carb Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 10 Minute Air Fryer Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- Try to select zucchini that are firm, dark green in color with little to no blemishes. Longer, larger zucchini work great in this recipe so you can easily cut them into fries.
- Cut the zucchini into fries that are 3-4 inches long and at least 1/2 inch thick. Cutting them too small or too thin will make them crispy but too mushy on the inside.
- To make this recipe dairy free and Whole30 you can use vegan parmesan cheese or omit the cheese and just use 1/4 cup more almond flour. Crushed pecans, almonds or cashews also all work great!
- To make these Weight Watchers friendly, use whole wheat breadcrumbs in place of the almond flour.
- You can easily store these fries after you cook them. Let them cool completely, transfer them to an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- These zucchini fries can be reheated in the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or in the oven at 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print