This amazingly refreshing Simple Lime Grapefruit Margarita Mocktail is the perfect drink for summer. Sip it by the pool, enjoy it on a picnic, or serve it at your next backyard barbecue. Bright and light grapefruit mixed with freshly squeezed lime juice and a dash of honey, topped off with some bubbly seltzer. This is a non-alcoholic fun drink everyone can enjoy! Gluten free!
I am not a big drinker but margaritas really do make me happy and they are the spice of life, for sure. Plus, when there is a margarita nearby you know that the chips and salsa are not far behind.
Lately I have been cutting back on drinking in an effort to be my healthiest self. Enter in this Lime and Grapefruit Margarita Mocktail that is definitely my new go-to drink. Plus it so delicious paired with chips and any kind of salsa.
Especially now that it is getting warmer out and I am craving refreshing beverages to sip by the pool or on my back patio. The best part about this margarita is that the kids can enjoy it too! A margarita for everyone!
This margarita is so versatile
If you are wanting to add some kind of alcohol to it (although it is quite delicious without any), you could add a splash of Prosecco or champagne instead of the seltzer or a shot of good quality tequila.
I am not a tequila expert so you will need to ask someone else about what type of tequila is best.
Although, mocktails like this are really popular right now. They are also very customizable so everyone at your next get together can partake in this fun party drink whether they are drinking or not.
Another wonderful feature of the drink is that it takes minutes to make it and it only requires a few ingredients that you likely have lying around. How great is that? My kids actually helped me make this and we had a good time for sure!
This drink is so fresh and bright
This mocktail margarita is made with a combination of refreshing grapefruit and lime juice shaken with some cold ice, honey and a pinch of salt. Then poured into glasses rimmed with a little salt and lime and topped off with bubbly seltzer.
I also like to add a little sprig of mint from my garden to garnish this little beauty.
Why you will love this grapefruit margarita recipe
- You can make it less than 5 minutes
- Packed with fresh ingredients like grapefruit and lime
- It’s healthy!
- Low in calories, sugar and carbs!
- An amazing non-alcoholic fun mocktail for the summer
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make a grapefruit margarita
- Squeeze the grapefruit juice. Slice a large grapefruit in half and use a citrus juicer to squeeze all of the juice out of both halves of the grapefruit (about 4 ounces). If you can’t find fresh grapefruit then store-bought grapefruit juice is just fine as a replacement.
- Squeeze the lime juice. Use a lemon/lime juicer or your hands to squeeze about 2 ounces of fresh lime juice into the same container you squeezed the grapefruit juice into.
- Shake it up. Add some ice to a mason jar or cocktail shaker, pour in the grapefruit and lime juice along with the honey and a pinch of salt. Cover and shake well for 30 seconds.
- Rim and fill the glasses. Run a cut lime or piece of the grapefruit around the edge of two short glasses, pour some salt onto a plate and dip the rim of each glass in some salt. You can use regular kosher salt or margarita salt you can buy at most stores. This step is optional but necessary for the best margarita experience.
- Serve. Evenly pour the grapefruit margarita into the glasses and top off with some grapefruit or lime seltzer.
This mocktail recipe is literally so easy and has the best tangy flavors mixed with a little sweet and a little bubbly. Plus it’s soft and pink which is just everything.
All rounded out of course by the salty rim, which makes it look so festive and exciting for any occasion or just for a regular Taco Tuesday with the family.
We all eat in color wether we realize it or not. Enjoying this produce-inspired grapefruit margarita is actually a way to boost your health, which is an added bonus.
What makes this drink healthy?
One of the wonderful things about this recipe it hat it is not just packed with flavor but also lot’s of nutrition as well. Grapefruit and limes have a ton of vitamin C and antioxidants to help you stay healthy and strong.
Adding fruits like this to your diet is a great way to boost your healthy habits and cut back on alcoholic beverages as well.
This healthy drink is also lower in calories than many other traditional cocktails and of course it is alcohol-free so your immune system will also be thanking you after you drink this.
Tips for making margaritas at home
- Use fresh ingredients like citrus and herbs to add a punch of flaovr without any added sugar or calories.
- Add a hint of sweetness such as honey, maple syrup, agave, stevia or Munkfruit.
- Shake it with some ice and strain it. Using a cocktail shaker makes this super easy since you can fill it with ice, pour the juice in, shake it up and pour it right from the shaker since it has a built-in strainer. Expert Tip: If you don’t have a cocktail shaker then you can shake this drink up in a mason jar with a lid then strain it though a mesh trainer before you pour it into glasses.
- Top if off with some bubbles. Adding a bubbly finish to a margarita just makes it feel so fancy. Of course this recipe is alcohol-free so I used seltzer but feel free to add some champagne or Prosecco as well.
- Garnish it. Adding a garnish or two to a drink not only let’s others know what is in it but it also makes it look more festive and so pretty. Try using whatever fruit or herbs you used in a drink as the garnish or just rim the glass with some fun salts. Everyone will appreciate it and will want to try it!
Other healthy drinks you may also enjoy!
What to serve with this recipe
This grapefruit margarita goes well with so many other recipes. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Enjoy it with this Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad or this Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Have it alongside some tacos like these Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos.
- Pair it with some healthy chips and Fresh Tomato Salsa or this Easy Spicy Mango Salsa.
I hop you try this recipe! If you do, then please leave a rating and comment below.Print