This healthy strawberry and banana smoothie is made from fresh whole ingredients, is packed with vitamins and protein and can be made in 5 minutes or less. It is perfect for busy mornings or as a quick and easy snack on the go. Creamy, with a little bit of tart and a little bit of sweetness.
This strawberry and banana smoothie is a game changer. I just love that it is a great quick and easy meal ready in minutes and can easily be taken on the go! My kids are into it too, which is a total win. Breakfast smoothies are such a great way to get some nutrition early in the day.
Healthy smoothie recipes are kind of a thing right now like this mixed berry smoothie that I just can’t get enough of.
I recently went on a mini vacation and noticed “SMOOTHIE” signs everywhere I looked. I had no idea these frozen blended fruit drinks were so popular.
My guess is because you can get creative with any smoothie recipe and mix it up with coconut yogurt to make it dairy free or even add in some chia seeds or greens like spinach or kale for even more nutrition. The possibilities are endless. See my optional add in ideas below.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Ingredients
See my tips below on how to make this recipe dairy-free!
How to make a strawberry and banana smoothie
- Add the strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt, maple syrup and ice to a blender.
- Top with the lid and pulse on high for 30-45 seconds until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated into a smooth, pink smoothie mixture.
- Immedialey separate into glasses, top with more chopped strawberries or freeze-dried strawberries and enjoy!
Are smoothies good for you?
It’s important to remember that not all smoothies are created equally. By equally I mean that some smoothies, like this strawberry and banana smoothie are good for you since they contain lots of nutrition, are made from whole, real ingredients and are not loaded with sugar.
On the flip side there are a lot of smoothies out there that are not good for you. So make sure to pay attention to the ingredients and your portion size and you will be good to go!
Recipe tips and variations
- I recommend using fresh strawberries and not frozen strawberries in this recipe so you get that vibrant strawberry flavor. Frozen strawberries contain more water and have less flavour than fresh. If you prefer to use frozen strawberries then even it out by using a fresh ripe banana but skip the ice.
- Frozen bananas are fine to use but make sure you mix it in with some fresh fruit as well and again skip the ice if you plan to use any frozen fruit.
- Optional add-ins: Mix in some greens like spinach or kale, add in a scoop of protein powder or Chia seeds, add in a splash of vanilla to pump up the flavor even more.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use plain coconut yogurt that you can find in most grocery stores.
- If you are using frozen fruit then mix it in with some fresh fruit for a better balance of flavours.
- To make this recipe without any added sweetener, make sure to use very ripe bananas and strawberries.
More delicious smoothie recipes
- 4 Ingredient Simple Green Smoothie
- 5 Ingredient Mango Banana Smoothie – Vegan
- Healthy Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie – Gimme Some Oven
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you! You can also tag me on Instagram @Pinchmegoodfood and show me your creationPrint