This classic strawberry banana smoothie is creamy and delicious and makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack! It can be made in 5 minutes with only 6 simple ingredients.
I love a good smoothie since they are quick and delicious and are a great way to get some fruits, veggies, and protein in at any point in the day! This strawberry banana smoothie is my new go-to since it is so perfectly creamy, fruity, and sweet, you are going to love it!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy: you can make this smoothie in 5 minutes!
- Creamy and delicious: perfectly creamy with a nice balance of tart, fruity, and sweet.
- Healthy: loaded with fiber, and protein.
Plus you can customize it with different variations and add-ins, which is great!
Ingredients you will need
- Frozen strawberries – use frozen strawberries for a nice creamy, cold, smoothie.
- Bananas – you can use fresh or frozen bananas in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt – plain greek yogurt. You can use full-fat, reduced-fat, or fat-free. This makes the smoothie creamy and adds some protein.
- Almond milk – unsweetened almond milk or any milk you like.
- Maple syrup – to add a little sweetness. If your bananas are very ripe then you may only need to add a little bit of maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract – pure vanilla extract.
How to make a strawberry banana smoothie
- Add the strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and milk to a blender.
- Top with the lid and pulse on high for 30-45 seconds until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated into a smooth, pink smoothie mixture.
- Immediately separate into glasses and enjoy!
Recipe tips and variations
- I recommend using a mix of frozen and fresh fruit for a good mix of texture and flavor. I used frozen strawberries and fresh bananas but you could also use frozen bananas and fresh strawberries.
- Optional add-ins: Mix in some greens like spinach or kale, and add in a scoop of protein powder or Chia seeds. Frozen cauliflower rice also adds some bulk as well as fiber and you can’t taste it at all.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use plain coconut yogurt that you can find in most grocery stores.
- Leave out the greek yogurt and add kefir instead for an even healthier smoothie. I also feel like the kefir adds some nice tartness as well.
- To make this recipe without any added sweetener, make sure to use very ripe bananas and strawberries.
How do you make smoothies thicker?
The best way that I have found to add more bulk to smoothies is to add more frozen fruit. Smoothies are wonderful when you mix frozen and fresh fruit rather than ice to make them thicker. I always feel like the ice waters it down whereas fruit gives it flavor and makes it creamier, like a frosty or shake.
Are smoothies healthy?
Yes! Most smoothies are healthy as long as they use real, fresh ingredients and don’t add too much fat. This smoothie recipe is made with all whole ingredients, is packed with protein and fiber, and is lower in calories for a nutritious and healthy breakfast or snack you can make in 5 minutes.
More delicious smoothie recipes
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake
- 5 Minute Cherry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie – Gimme Some Oven
Did you try this strawberry smoothie recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you! You can also tag me on Instagram @Pinchmegoodfood and show me your creationPrint