My family went crazy over this air fryer zucchini, it is that good! I love zucchini anything, like these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, Air Fryer Zucchini Patties or Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. But this recipe stole the show!
Zucchini in the air fryer gets nice and crispy and soaks up all of the seasonings, making it one of my favorite healthy side dishes. You can pair it with so many things like chicken, salmon or pork tenderloin and it even stores great!
If you are not familiar with how to cook zucchini then this is a great beginner recipe to start with.
Why you will love this air fryer zucchini recipe
- Quick and easy
- Packed with flavor
- Golden and delicious
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- Healthy, Light side dish
Air Fryer Zucchini Ingredients
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutritional information in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
- Zucchini – a medium size zucchini works best in this recipe
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
- Parmesan cheese – grated parmesan cheese gives the zucchini amazing flavor and helps it result in a nice crispy coating.
- Seasoning blend – garlic powder, chili powder, and Italian seasoning to season the zucchini.
- Salt and pepper – used to enhance all of the flavors.
What type of zucchini works best in this recipe?
A medium size zucchini with dark green skin and little to no indentations will work best in this recipe. Larger zucchini will have less flavor and take longer to cook. Summer squash will also work in this recipe.
How to make zucchini in the air fryer
- Cut the zucchini into half-moon shapes or 1-inch pieces using a sharp kitchen knife.
- Season the zucchini by adding the olive oil and tossing the zucchini in the oil. Mix up the seasoning and add it to the zucchini and toss again to coat it all well in the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the seasoned zucchini into the air fryer, making sure it is not overlapping too much. Close and cook for 15-17 minutes, flipping the zucchini every 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Can you make this recipe in the oven?
Absolutely! To make this recipe in the oven, cut and season the zucchini as directed in the recipe. Place it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast it in the oven at 425 degrees F for 17-20 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time.
Is this air fryer zucchini low carb and gluten free?
Yes! This zucchini recipe is both low-carb and gluten free! Which makes it a perfect side dish that everyone can enjoy!
Which air fryer works best for this recipe?
Pretty much any air fryer will work with this recipe. I used a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer and I also tested this recipe in the Cuisinart Tray Air Fryer. The Ninja Foodie is also a great option but really any air fryer will work!
How much zucchini does this recipe make?
Although you are using 3-4 cups of sliced zucchini, it does cook down a bit after you air fry it. So this recipe will yield about 2.5-3 cups of cooked zucchini.
Can I double this zucchini recipe?
Yes, you can absolutely double this recipe. You will have to cook the zucchini in batches depending on the size of your air fryer but doubling it will totally work.
Air Frying Tips
- Preheat the fryer if needed – most air fryers will indicate if preheating is necessary.
- Cut the zucchini into even size pieces about 1-inch in size each for more even cooking.
- Season the zucchini evenly by adding the seasoning then tossing it well to coat all of the zucchini.
- Don’t overfill the air fryer. You can have some overlapping but you don’t want to fill it too much or the zucchini won’t get as crispy and will not cook evenly.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Line the basket with a parchment liner for easier clean up.
This air fryer zucchini makes a wonderful healthy side dish. Here are some great recipes that would pair nicely with it.
Storing and reheating tips
To store: After you have cooked the zucchini in the air fryer, let it cool completely then transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To reheat: You can easily reheat it in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
More healthy zucchini recipes to try!
- Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Air Fryer Zucchini Meatballs
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffin
Did you try this Air Fryer Zucchini recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print