This simple bright Green Goddess Dressing Recipe is so creamy and herby you will want to put it on everything. Packed with fresh herbs like basil and parsley, this delicious flavor-packed dressing is so good on salads or just as a healthy dip for veggies and chips.
Green goddess dressing is a classic dressing recipe that you can make in 5 minutes and easily customize with what you have on hand. It is full of fresh and vibrant flavor and has the perfect hint of lemon and garlic that really ties it all together.
You can enjoy this creamy dressing with so many things like healthy salads, crisp veggies, chicken, pizza, or even as an amazing sauce on this incredible Vegan Sandwich. The possibilities are endless.
What is green goddess dressing?
It is a classic dressing that is usually made up of ingredients like sour cream or mayo mixed with some fresh herbs, greens, garlic, and lemon. You could say it has a bright, bold, herby flavor with an amazing creamy texture. I love to serve it on salads or sandwiches or even as a dip for fresh veggies.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- You can make it in under 5 minutes.
- It literally goes on everything!
- Wonderfully herby, creamy and so insanely delicious!
- Packed with flavor and nutrition.
- Great for meal prep! You can store it for up to 5 days!
- Perfect to use as a dressing on salads, sandwiches, or as a dip with veggies.
Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients
- Fresh herbs – basil and parsley. Fresh herbs are essential but dried herbs can be used in a pinch if needed.
- Avocado – to give it that rich and creamy taste and texture that is so good!
- Mayo – I prefer avocado mayo but any mayo will work, even vegan mayo!
- Watercress – This gives the dressing an earthy hint of flavor. You can also use fresh arugula.
- Lemon – fresh lemon juice is best but bottled lemon juice will also work fine.
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic – fresh garlic or garlic paste
- Maple syrup – this is optional but really ties all of the flavors together nicely. You could also use honey or agave.
- Salt and pepper – used to enhance all of the flavors.
How to make a quick green goddess dressing
I mean look at that herby creamy, vibrant dressing! It’s so good and I love that you can make it for your meal prep and store it for days in the fridge to enjoy anytime all week long.
This dressing is so great with veggies, eggs, roasted eggplant, on fish or chicken, anything really.
Recipe tips and variations
- Use fresh herbs. Dried herbs really won’t cut it in this recipe. The use of fresh basil and parsley really gives this recipe an amazing burst of herby flavor that you won’t get with dried herbs. Although, dried herbs can be used the flavor will be slightly less herby.
- Switch up the greens. I used watercress but you could also use spinach or even arugula. You can also omit the greens if you don’t have any on hand but I really think they add a nice vibrancy to this recipe.
- Use greek yogurt. If you don’t want to use the mayo in this recipe then plain greek yogurt also works well. You can even use sour cream.
- Make it vegan. To make this recipe fully vegan, swap the mayo with vegan mayo.
- Use lemon or lime juice in this dressing. They both work great with these ingredients!
- Add a sweetener – using a little bit of maple syrup honey, or agave will really add a nice hint of sweetness and balance out the flavors nicely.
Ways to serve green goddess dressing
Okay, so I mentioned a few ways to serve this already but here are a few more recipes you can pair with this super-good dressing.
- Use it as a dressing on your favorite salad. Here are some salads that I love with this dressing: Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar salad, Simple Chickpea Salad or this Chopped Kale Salad with Quinoa.
- Add it as a topping on a burger or sandwich. Like this Healthy Turkey Burger, Healthy Black Bean Burger, or this Easy Vegan Sandwich.
- Drizzle it over some roasted veggies: Such as this Oven Roasted Broccoli or these Easy Roasted Carrots.
- Enjoy it as a healthy dip and pair it with other recipes like these Crispy Baked Beet Chips.
How to store
This dressing can easily be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More dressings and sauces to try!
- Healthy Caesar salad Dressing
- Incredible Roasted Beet Pesto
- 5 Minute Romesco Sauce
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
I hope you try this green goddess dressing recipe! If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print