Healthy zucchini muffins that the whole family will love! A perfect way to get some extra veggies in! Only a few simple steps and ingredients, plus these are refined sugar-free and gluten-free!!!
For some reason, I have been able to get zucchini very easily during this quarantine. Which has led me to become a zucchini recipe creating obsessed person, trying to create all kinds of recipes using this amazing green veggie.
So far the house favorite has been these healthy zucchini muffins that also happen to be refined sugar-free and gluten-free. You could also easily make these muffins vegan by swapping the egg with applesauce. How great is that?
Since we are all cooking and baking a lot from our pantries, this recipe can be pulled together with only a few pantry staples and some zucchini. You can also use alternative fruits and veggies if you don’t have zucchini.
You may also love these Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins that can also be made with some simple pantry ingredients.
What makes these zucchini muffins healthy?
- They contain 1 cup of freshly shredded zucchini
- Maple syrup adds some nice sweetness to these muffins with no refined sugar.
- Almond flour and oats take place of the white flour and also make these muffins lower in carbs and gluten-free!
- The extra moisture from the shredded zucchini keeps these muffins super moist without adding any butter or oil.
Why you will love these healthy zucchini muffins
- Super easy to make in only a few simple steps
- A veggie-packed treat that helps you get those veggies in
- No refined sugar or gluten in these babies
- Super moist but still fluffy and uber delicious without any added butter or oil. Thank you, zucchini gods.
Ingredients to make this recipe
How to make these muffins in only a few simple steps
Step One: Shred the zucchini. You will need about 1 cup of shredded zucchini. You can use a box grater, hand grater or food processor to shred the zucchini.
Step Two: Mix up the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl, mix up the wet ingredients. Then combine the wet with the dry and fold in the zucchini and oats.
Step Three: Spray a 12 cup muffin pan and evenly divide the batter between 10 muffin cups.
Step Four: Bake in a preheated 400 F degree oven for 16-18 minutes. Until the edges and top are nice and golden brown. Yum!
Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy!!!
Recipe facts and variations
- You do not need to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini after your shred it. The extra water in the zucchini helps keep these muffins super moist, even the next day.
- Out of zucchini? Use shredded apple or shredded carrots in place of the zucchini in this recipe.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Swap the egg with 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce.
- Out of maple syrup? You could also use honey or coconut sugar in place of the maple syrup.
- Add in some extras. You could add in some toasted nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Just make sure to toast the nuts a bit before folding them in to bring out their flavor.
- To store: These muffins can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 days and covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below.Print