These Healthy zucchini muffins are so good! They are super moist and fluffy, loaded with flavor and packed with veggies and healthy fat. Plus they are quick and easy to make, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Healthy Zucchini muffins that taste just like warm zucchini bread straight from the oven are a new favorite in our house. It really doesn’t get any better than a moist and fluffy, perfectly sweet muffin alongside a nice steaming hot cup of coffee while you read the morning news or your favourite book, am I right?
These incredible muffins are packed with flavor, healthy fat from the almond butter and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. Add in the fact that there is an entire cup of shredded zucchini baked right into them and they are basically the perfect treat all wrapped up into one amazing muffin recipe.
You may also love these Healthy Pumpkin Protein Muffins that can also be made with some simple pantry ingredients, have loads of fiber and protein and are also so crazy delicious.
What makes these zucchini muffins healthy?
- They contain 1 cup of freshly shredded zucchini – yum
- Maple syrup adds some nice sweetness to these muffins with no refined sugar.
- Almond flour and oats take the place of the white flour and also make these muffins lower in carbs and gluten-free!
- The extra moisture from the shredded zucchini keeps these muffins super moist without adding any butter or oil.
- They are so fluffy, which is important in a muffin recipe
Why you will love these healthy zucchini muffins
- Super easy to make in only a few simple steps
- A veggie-packed treat that helps you get those veggies in
- No refined sugar or gluten in these babies
- Super moist but still fluffy and uber delicious without any added butter or oil. Thank you, zucchini gods.
Grating zucchini for muffins
Here are a few tips for grating the Zucchini for delicious, moist and fluffy muffins.
- You can leave the peel on the zucchini when you grate it. This also gives the muffins a nice green marble look when you bite into them. So pretty!
- Do not squeeze out the water from the zucchini. The extra moisture in the zucchini is the magic that creates this amazing moist and fluffy texture that is everything in these zucchini muffins.
- A box grater is the easiest tool to use to grate zucchini. I used the larger grate side and I was able to grate the zucchini in under one minute. So easy, peasy.
Ingredients to make this recipe
How to make healthy zucchini muffins
- Grate the zucchini. You will need about 1 cup of shredded zucchini. You can use a box grater, hand grater or food processor to shred the zucchini.
- Mix up the dry ingredients. Add all of the dry ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix up the wet ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add it all together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms a nice smooth batter. Fold in the shredded zucchini and oats.
- Fill and bake. Spray 10 cavities of a 12 cup muffin pan and evenly divide the batter between 10 muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 16-18 minutes. Until the edges and top are nice and golden brown.
- Serve. Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy with a pat of butter or almond butter and a drizzle of honey. Yum!
Hello beautiful zucchini muffins! Yum and yum! I really cannot express how incredble these taste. Get ready for all of the compliments when you make these muffins. You may also want to plan on making more than one batch since they will go very quickly, promise.
More healthy zucchini recipes to try
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Best Healthy Shrimp Scampi With Zoodles
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Recipe tips and variations
- You do not need to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini after your shred it. The extra water in the zucchini helps keep these muffins super moist, even the next day. Saying it again, haha.
- Out of zucchini? Use shredded apple or shredded carrots in place of the zucchini in this recipe.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Swap the egg with 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce.
- Out of maple syrup? You could also use honey or coconut sugar in place of the maple syrup.
- Add in some extras. You could add in some toasted nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Just make sure to toast the nuts a bit before folding them in to bring out their flavor.
- To store: These muffins can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 days and covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below.Print