Healthy carrots cut into French fries then air-fried until super crispy and sweet. These carrot fries are the next best thing to traditional fries but way healthier and packed with so much flavor. Seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper and topped with salty parmesan and parsley. A simple quick and easy 15 minute recipe that is also gluten free and easily made vegan. The perfect healthy appetizer or side dish to any meal.
I am currently obsessed with my air fryer and these insane Carrot Fries are one of my favorite recipes I have made yet! Hearty sweet carrots, tossed in healthy avocado oil then seasoned with garlic and salt and air fried until caramelized and slightly crispy around the edges.
My kids actually devoured these and I almost didn’t get any. Luckily I made them several times just to make sure I got them just right for you all, so I did get to try them and wow, they are delicious!
Why you will love this recipe
- The flavor of the carrots after being cooked is just amazing!
- Super easy and ready in under 15 minutes
- It is already gluten free and easily made vegan
- A healthier way to satisfy that French fry craving
- A great way to get your kids to eat more veggies
Are carrot fries healthy?
Now, everyone has a different version of what “healthy” means to them but I can say that when compared to a normal serving of French fries, which will typically cost you around 350 calories plus loads of fat and really not much nutrition at all, these fries are healthy.
Why are they healthy? Well they are made with carrots which are much better for you than white potatoes since they contain less sugar and carbs. Carrots are also half the calories of potatoes and have just as much potassium along with other nutrients.
Cooking the carrots in the air fryer removes all of the fatty oil and deep frying which is how traditional French fries are cooked and indeed makes them much healthier.
How great it that? Now, I am not going to say that these are better than regular French fires but they are a much better option for your waistline and overall health. Plus they are under 100 calories per serving which is much less than traditional fries.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make carrot fries in the air fryer
It is so easy to make these delicious carrot fries in under 15 minutes in your air fryer.
- Peel and cut the carrots. This is very easy to do. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots, then slice off the ends. If the carrots are longer then slice them in half and then cut into 1/4 inch thick carrot sticks. Expert tip: Thinner cut fries will get crispier and take less time to cook.
- Season the fries. In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle the fries with avocado oil, toss and then season them with the garlic salt mixture and toss to coat them all in the seasoning.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Once it is ready, spray the basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place the carrot fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook them for 8-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Garnish and serve. Once the carrot fries are done, let them cool for a minute then plate them and garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and parsley.
These hassle-free and also guilt-free carrot fries are a must try recipe that I think you will want to make over and over again. The crispy edges of the carrots with the sweet and savory flavours are just amazing. Dip them in some spicy ketchup to spice them up even more.
Can I make these in the oven?
Yes you can! They will take a little bit longer to cook but it is very easy to cook these in the oven. Follow the recipe all the way top to putting the carrots fries in the air fryer.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the carrot fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake them for 20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking to make sure they get crispy on all sides.
Remove, garnish and serve!
What to serve with these carrot fries
These fries go with so many different types of other recipes. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Enjoy them with a good healthy burger. Such as this Healthy Turkey Burger, this Healthy Black Bean Burger or this Chickpea Cauliflower Burger.
- Have them as a healthy side dish with some pizza, like this Chickpea Flour Pizza or this Chicken Pizza Bake.
- Pair them with a healthy salad, such as this Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, this Kale Caesar Salad or this Curry Chicken Salad.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Healthy Eggplant Parmesan
- Easy 15 Minute Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Easy Baked Eggplant Fries
- Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- Since carrots are the main ingredient in this recipe, make sure to select carrots that are nice and bright orange with little to no blemishes or brown spots.
- Cut the carrots into 1/4 inch or thinner carrot sticks for crispier fries. Note that the thinner you cut them, the less time they will need to cook.
- You can cut the calories down even more by using cooking spray instead of the avocado oil in this recipe. They will still get crispy and delicious.
- Storing these fries. This recipe is really best if eaten right away since the fries can get soggy if left out for too long. You can store them after cooking them. Let them cool completely, place them into an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
Shop this recipe
Here are the tools I used to make these amazing carrot fries.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print