This crustless Asparagus Quiche is made with cheesy eggs, buttery asparagus, and mushrooms and baked until golden and delicious. It is a decadent and fancy savory breakfast pie that is so flavorful that nobody will ever miss the crust!
You are going to love this Asparagus Quiche Recipe! The classic combination of sauteed asparagus mixed with cheesy eggs and mushrooms makes this an incredibly flavorful low-carb crustless quiche everyone will go crazy for.
Quiche is such an elegant recipe that typically involves mixing and pre-baking a pie crust, except in this quiche recipe there is no crust. Don’t worry though, you still end up with those wonderful golden crispy edges that you get with a traditional quiche but with fewer carbs and butter. How great is that?
Plus, this asparagus quiche with mushrooms is so simple, easy to make, and tastes even better the next day! This is a fantastic characteristic of any crustless quiche.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Elegant and decadent – this quiche comes out so beautiful and looks almost too fancy to eat!
- Easy to make – it only requires a few simple steps and ingredients to make it.
- Great for meal prep – it tastes even better the next day!
- Versatile – this recipe is already vegetarian and gluten-free but you can easily make it dairy-free as well. See variations and substitutions below.
- So flavorful – combining the sauteed veggies with the eggs and cheese gives this asparagus quiche so much incredible flavor.
Asparagus Quiche Ingredients
- Eggs – you will need about 6 large eggs.
- Asparagus – fresh asparagus is essential in this recipe. You will need just one bunch of asparagus.
- Mushrooms – any mushrooms will work but baby bella/Cremini mushrooms are best in this quiche recipe since they are meatier and have great flavor.
- Milk – just a little bit to help get the eggs nice and fluffy and eggy. You can use dairy-free, unsweetened milk or regular cow’s milk.
- Cheese – an excellent flavorful combination of grated parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Olive oil – used to cook the veggies and get them nice and golden and delicious.
- Salt and pepper – used to enhance all of the incredible flavors.
How to make a Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Saute the mushrooms and asparagus and let them cool.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper then add in the cheese.
- Combine the cooked veggies with the eggs and cheese and pour the mixture into a prepared 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F until the center is firm and the edges are golden.
- Remove, let cool, slice, and serve.
Pro tip! Save some of the pretty asparagus ends to arrange on the top of the quiche before you bake it for a more elegant, fancy-looking dish.
- Cut the mushrooms and asparagus into smaller pieces so it is easier to mix them with the eggs and cheese. This also makes it easier to eat the quiche.
- Let the veggies cool before you add them to the egg and cheese mixture or the eggs will start to cook, which is not a good thing.
- Bake the quiche until the center is firm and the edges are golden. This takes anywhere from 35-45 minutes. It will firm up a little bit more as it cools.
Substitutions and Variations for quiche with asparagus
- Make it dairy free – to make this asparagus quiche dairy free use dairy-free cheese and milk or omit the cheese and add in one extra egg.
- Ham and Asparagus Quiche – add some cooked ham for even more protein and flavor.
- Switch up the veggies – not a fan of mushrooms? You can easily omit the mushrooms and add in some sauteed onion, peppers, broccoli, or even sliced cherry tomatoes!
Recommended tools for making this recipe
- Saute pan
- Mixing bowl
- 9-inch pie dish
- Whisk/wooden spoon
Make ahead and storage
- Make it ahead – you can saute the veggies and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before you make this recipe. You can also, bake the quiche, let it cool, then store it covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before you serve it. Just heat it in the oven at 330 degrees F until warmed through when you are ready to enjoy it.
- Storing – leftovers store great in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating – you can reheat portions in the microwave or in the oven until warmed through.
Ways to serve quiche
Here are some simple and delicious dishes that pair great with any vegetable quiche.
- Salad – such as a kale salad or a classic house salad.
- Muffins – like these zucchini muffins or these apple muffins.
- Biscuits or bagels
More Asparagus Recipes
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap
- Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Veggie Egg White Bites
- Easy Baked Eggs
- Healthy Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
Did you try this Asparagus Quiche Recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print