I love eggs any way I can get them, especially in this mushroom asparagus crustless quiche! This quiche is full of incredible flavor, packed with nutrition from the veggies and eggs and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Hearty mushrooms (my fav) and asparagus perfectly sauteed and combined with silky eggs and cheese then baked to golden brown and amazing!
What is quiche anyway?
Quiche is typically a savory pie filled with eggs, milk, and cheese baked into a pie crust. It is a pretty simple and easy recipe that can be doctored up to look fancy and presentable. Great for brunch or a main dish for any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. In this recipe, I left the crust out to make it a little healthier and lighter.
My kids love just a plain egg and cheese quiche but I am really into loading it up with veggies, especially hearty veggies like mushrooms and asparagus. They both add so much color, flavor, and nutrition to this dish.
What ingredients do you need to make Quiche?
- Salt and pepper
That’s it! A few simple ingredients that you probably have right now!
How to make Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche
- Sauté the veggies and whisk the eggs for the filling. Literally one of the most essential parts to the great flavor in this recipe is sautéing the veggies. Their natural flavors just come out when you sauté them in a little olive oil or butter. It is just EVERYTHING!
- Combine the cooked veggies with the eggs and cheese and pour the filling into a pie dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 375 F degree oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top is nice and crispy brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a side salad and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Notes about this recipe
Onlyrequires a few simple ingredients to make it!
- 100% meatless for your non-meat eating friends and family
- Easy to make!
- Can be made ahead and stored in the fridge all week long.
- Packed with a ton of flavor from the sautéed veggies mixed with the fluffy eggs and melty cheese.
- Healthier than traditional quiche baked in a buttery pie crust but just as delicious.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do then please leave a rating and comment below.
You may also like these recipes that also use eggs and can be made ahead for quick meals all week long!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced - about 2 cups
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozerella
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Heat up a medium skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil on the stove and sauté the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Chop the asparagus leaving the pretty ends for decoration, sauté in the same pan you cooked the mushrooms in for 3 minutes and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and whisk until slightly frothy. Then add in the salt, pepper, cheese, and veggies and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray and pour the filling into the pie dish.
- Arrange the pretty ends of the asparagus on top in any pattern you like, place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, slice and enjoy!
This stores great in the fridge for up to 3 days and is a perfect meal prep recipe!
You can switch up the veggies with whatever you have on hand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 149mg Sodium: 461mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g