Crazy good Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche that you must try! Hearty mushrooms and asparagus layered with eggs and cheese and baked until the edges are golden brown and delicious. The perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Gluten-free and kid-friendly!
I love eggs any way I can get them, especially in this mushroom asparagus crustless quiche! This quiche is full of incredible flavor, packed with nutrition from the veggies and eggs, and is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Hearty mushrooms (my fav) and asparagus perfectly sauteed and combined with silky eggs and cheese then baked to golden brown and amazing!
What is quiche anyway?
Quiche is typically a savory pie filled with eggs, milk, and cheese baked into a pie crust. It is a pretty simple and easy recipe that can be doctored up to look fancy and presentable.
Great for brunch or a main dish for any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In this recipe, I left the crust out to make it a little healthier and lighter.
My kids love just a plain egg and cheese quiche but I am really into loading it up with veggies, especially hearty veggies like mushrooms and asparagus. They both add so much color, flavor, and nutrition to this dish.
What ingredients do you need to make this mushroom asparagus crustless quiche?
That’s it! A few simple ingredients that you probably have right now!
How to make Mushroom Asparagus Crustless Quiche
- Sauté the veggies until golden brown. Literally one of the most essential parts to the great flavor in this recipe is sautéing the veggies. Their natural flavors just come out when you sauté them in a little olive oil or butter. It is just EVERYTHING!
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk with a little milk until slightly frothy.
- Combine the cooked veggies with the eggs and cheese and pour the filling into a pie dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350 F degree oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top, is nice and golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a side salad and enjoy any time of day!
So beautiful and delicious! Everyone will love it!
Notes about this recipe
o nly requires a few simple ingredients to make it! 100% meatless for your non-meat eating friends and family Easy to make! It canbe made ahead and stored in the fridge all week long. It’s even better the next day!
- Packed with a ton of flavor from the sautéed veggies mixed with the fluffy eggs and melty cheese.
- Healthier than traditional quiche baked in a buttery pie crust but just as delicious.
- You can mix up the veggies and use broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, or even zucchini. Just make sure to cook the veggies first, it makes all of the difference in the flavor of any mixed veggie quiche.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do then please leave a rating and comment below.
You may also like these recipes that also use eggs and can be made ahead for quick meals all week long!Print
Hearty mushrooms and asparagus layered with eggs and cheese and baked until the edges are golden brown and delicious. The perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Gluten-free and kid-friendly!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (cleaned and sliced – about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (chopped)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Heat up a medium skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil on the stove and sauté the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Chop the asparagus leaving the pretty ends for decoration, sauté in the same pan you cooked the mushrooms in for 3 minutes and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and whisk until slightly frothy. Then add in the salt, pepper, cheese, and veggies and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and pour the filling into the pie dish.
- Arrange the pretty ends of the asparagus on top in any pattern you like, place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, slice and enjoy!
This stores great in the fridge for up to 3 days and is a perfect meal prep recipe!
You can switch up the veggies with whatever you have on hand.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Crustless quiche, mushrooms, asparagus, low-carb breakfast