This is the very best, flavor packed Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower you will ever make! Healthy cauliflower florets dipped in egg then seasoned almond flour and cooked to crispy perfection right in the air fryer in 12 minutes or less! A low carb battered cauliflower recipe that is packed with flavor and nutrition. A meatless healthy snack or appetizer you much try!
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that almost everyone has tried in some lower carb version, including me. Well this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is the top notch of healthy cauliflower recipes, trust me!
A great meatless stand in for chicken wings plus it is gluten free and did I mention low carb. KETO peeps I am talking to you!
It’s so good!
Hearty and healthy cauliflower florets breaded in a well seasoned, low carb almond flour mixture that is packed with a ton of flavor. Then air fried and covered in a healthy-ish buffalo sauce that is anything but boring.
The air fryer does all the work for you in making these cauliflower bites, wings, whatever you want to call them. They are the best meatless crispy snack you have ever tried. The buttery, spicy hot sauce is the most amazing finish to this incredible cauliflower recipe!
Why you will love this recipe
- It is so easy to make in under 15 minutes
- Packed with crispy, spicy and slightly sweet flavors
- A healthy snack you can feel good about eating
- Literally the best appetizer too serve at any party!
- A low carb side dish or snack you can enjoy any day of the week!
If you want to try another incredible healthy cauliflower recipe then check out these Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower Wings that are equally as tasty and delicious as well as healthy and oh so satisfying.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer buffalo cauliflower
How to make buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer
You can make this quick and easy recipe in under 15 minutes by letting the air fryer do all of the work for you.
- Prep the cauliflower. Trim the leaves off of the cauliflower and use a knife to cut down the centre of it all around it to remove the stem. Then cut it into small florets and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Mix up the coating. Crack and whisk the eggs in medium shallow bowl. In a separate bowl mix up the almond flour with the garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, dried chives, salt and pepper.
- Then set up a dredging station and coat the cauliflower by dipping each floret in the egg, then the almond flour mixture, pressing the breading into each piece of cauliflower to make sure it sticks well. Then place the breaded cauliflower onto a clean plate.
- Heat the air fryer to 370 degrees F and spray the basket well with cooking spray. Place the breaded cauliflower into the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 12 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Make the sauce. While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter and mix it with the hot sauce, honey and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce. Once the cauliflower is done cooking, transfer it to a mixing bowl, pour the sauce over it and lightly toss it to coat all of the cauliflower in the incredible buttery, spicy sauce.
- Serve. Top with dried parsley and some sea salt. Serve with your favourite creamy dressing like a light ranch, caesar dressing, blue cheese, or taziki sauce.
How good does that look? It will make you feel like you are at your local favourite spot watching some game while enjoying buffalo wings and beer with your friends. In reality you are treating yourself to this insanely delicious, vegetarian version that is probably even better.
These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are just loaded with flavor and nutrition which are two things you want in pretty much anything you eat!
What to serve with this recipe
- Pair it with a delicious crisp and fresh salad, like this Easy Kale Salad or this Mediterranean Couscous Salad.
- Mix it in with some other fun and healthy appetizers, like these No-Oil Sweet Potato Wedges, these Oven Roasted Chickpeas or these Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Enjoy them with a fun and delicious homemade sauce or dressing, like this Green Goddess Dressing or this Incredible Beet Pesto.
More healthy cauliflower recipes
- Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower Wings
- Chickpea Cauliflower Burger
Now, dig into this amazing buffalo cauliflower like it is the best meatless thing you have ever eaten!
How To Make this recipe in the oven
Don’t have an air fryer? Well you need to get one, they are amazing! In the meantime, you can make this recipe in the oven. To make in the oven, dredge the cauliflower as noted in the recipe and place it onto a baking sheet fitted with a rack. For easier clean up line the baking sheet with foil then put the rack on top.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and toss the cauliflower in the buttery hot sauce. Yummy!
To make this recipe ahead of time
You can make this recipe in advance by cutting up the cauliflower and breading it, then place it onto a plate or in an airtight container and store it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
Before you cook it, let it come to room temperature first by taking it out of the fridge while the air fryer or oven are preheating.
Tips for making this air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and not larger florets. This will help it cook more evenly and faster.
- Season the almond flour well as noted in this recipe for the best punch of flavor.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Make sure you place the breaded cauliflower in a single layer in the air fryer basket. It is okay if some of it overlaps a little bit, just try not to overcrowd the basket, even if you have to cook it in 2 batches. This air fryer is the one I have and I cooked it in 2 batches.
- Don’t skimp on the sauce. I know it is buffalo sauce with butter but use a good healthier butter like Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter and a good hot sauce plus a drop of honey and it really is a healthier sauce. Plus you are only having some of it so go for it. This recipe is still much better for you than traditional chicken wings.
- Add some veggies on this side. This recipe is so good paired with some celery sticks and carrots sticks and your favorite light blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Store this buffalo cauliflower in an airtight container after they have cooled completely. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a few minutes to get them nice and crispy again.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how your’s turned out!Print