These crazy good 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs are so easy to make and are packed with hearty protein. A super simple recipe you can make in minutes for a healthy dinner and eat all week long. Made with lean ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parmesan and flavour packed herbs. Cooked completely in the air fryer until crispy outer layer perfection then tossed in a 2 ingredient sweet and spicy sauce. This is a meatballs recipe you must try!
I love a good meatball and these Healthy Turkey Meatballs are currently at the top of my list. Mostly because they are packed with so much flavor, are super moist on the inside and crispy on the outside and covered in the most insanely good and easy sweet and spicy sauce.
These meatballs are the best healthy snack or appetizer
These healthy turkey meatballs are like one of the best meatball recipes I have ever made or had. Maybe I am slightly biased but they really truly are wonderful. They are perfect as a healthy snack or appetizer or as complete meal served over some rice and veggies.
The best part of all is that they are ready in 10 minutes and are completely cooked in the air fryer, which requires much less oil but they still get that great crispy golden brown outer layer that is everything.
Why you will love this recipe
- Packed with flavor and nutrition
- Only 10 minutes to make it!
- Requires only a few simple ingredients
- Super moist centre with a crazy crispy outer layer
- The best easy sweet and spicy sauce to cover these meatballs in
- Great for meal prep or a simple healthy dinner
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
Kitchen tools needed to make these healthy turkey meatballs
Here are some key items needed to make this recipe.
- Air Fryer
- Use your hands or this great everyday rubber spatula to mix up the meatball mixture.
- Measure out even size meatballs using this small ice cream scoop that I love or this rounded tablespoon.
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking spray
Now let’s get these babies cooking because once you make them, they will not last long since everyone will want some.
How to make healthy turkey meatballs
This is a quick and easy 10 minute meatball recipe that your whole family will love!
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Use your hands or a rubber spatula to mix all ingredients together into a meatball mixture.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon to equally measure the meatballs into 1.5 inch balls. This recipe will make 15-17 meatballs.
- Once the air fryer is ready, spray the basket with cooking spray. Working in batches, add the meatballs in a single layer about 1 inch apart. Close the basket and cook the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time to make sure they get nice and crispy on all sides. Continue until you have cooked all of the meatballs.
- While the the meatballs are cooking, you can mix up the sauce. Add the chili sauce and apricot preserves to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine into a crazy good sweet and spicy sauce.
- When the meatballs are done cooking, transfer them to a large mixing bowl, pour the sauce over them and toss them all in the sauce to coat them all over. They are so good.
- Serve warm over cooked rice and veggies.
These meatballs are so delicious, super moist and so crispy on the outside. Don’t get me started on this sauce that is just the perfect compliment to this recipe and really takes it to a whole new level.
Your whole family will go crazy for this recipe. These healthy turkey meatballs are also great for entertaining since they make a wonderful appetizer as well.
Meatballs are always the first thing to go at any party for sure. Especially these easy meat-free Eggplant Meatballs that everyone in my family loves. Even the meat-eaters.
What to serve with this recipe
These meatballs work great as an appetizer or complete meal paired with some other easy healthy side dishes. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve these healthy turkey meatballs.
- Layered on top of this Simple Sautéed Spinach With Garlic.
- Enjoy these meatballs with some healthy easy Roasted Broccoli.
- Lay them on top of this insane Mashed Butternut Squash.
- Pair them with these Butternut Squash Noodles for a lower carb spin on spaghetti and meatballs.
- Serve them with a hearty, healthy salad like this Easy Kale Salad, this Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad or this Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad.
Here are some other healthy protein packed recipes you may also love
- Baked Eggplant Meatballs
- Butternut Squash Vegan Meatballs
- Amazing Healthy Turkey Burgers
- Simple Instant Pot Healthy Turkey Chili
- Use good quality ground turkey meat. I used organic 93/7 lean ground turkey for this recipe, which is perfect.
- Make it even lower in carbs. To make this recipe lower in carbs, use pulsed cashews or walnuts in place of the breadcrumbs. Almond flour will also work.
- Make this recipe gluten free. To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Roll the meatballs a little smaller than usual. Rolling these meatballs into 1.5 inch balls or smaller will allow them to cook faster and not dry out. Also using a small ice cream scoop or rounded tablespoon to portion the mixture will really help create even size meatballs that will all cook at the same time.
- Use the little bit of olive oil in this recipe. There is a little bit of olive oil in this recipe which allows the meatballs to get nice and crispy when cooked in the air fryer. It still ends up being much less oil than what is used to make traditional meatballs like this, making this a healthier meatball recipe.
- Make sure to spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray before you add the meatballs so that they don’t stick to the basket.
- Toss the meatballs in the sauce right after they are done cooking so the sauce sticks to them.
- Serve these meatballs warm or at room temperature over some cooked brown rice and veggies or add some toothpicks to them and serve as a healthy, protein-packed appetizer.
- To store these meatballs, let them cool completely but do not roll them in the sauce. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then mix up the sauce and coat the meatballs.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out.Print