Hearty chickpeas, fluffy riced cauliflower, vibrant sundried tomatoes and fresh parsley formed into these delicious, sturdy veggie burgers that will soon become your new favorite veggie burger!
Are you ready for this? The greatest veggie burger ever made or even possibly ever eaten is HERE! This Chickpea Cauliflower Burger is so good that even the non-vegetarian eaters will jump for joy!
A good veggie burger is hard to come by and not that easy to come up with, at least for me anyway. But I am determined to bring you a veggie burger so good you will be making it all the time. It’s DELICIOUS!
Amazing chickpeas mixed with riced cauliflower, bright sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs combined into an incredibly tasty veggie burger that is vegan,
Another favorite veggie burger is this best healthy black bean burger that always gets raving reviews. Both are perfect meal prep recipes as well.
Things to LOVE about this Veggie Burger
- Easy recipe – Does not have a crazy long list of ingredients
- You can store them in the fridge all week long.
- Super sturdy and does not fall apart – an unfortunate character of other veggie burgers I have tried.
- It is packed with incredible flavor and plant-based nutrients.
- Baked to crispy deliciousness with no frying in oil.
How to make chickpea cauliflower burgers
- Place all ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, into the bowl of a food processor and pulse well to combine.
- Then fold in the breadcrumbs.
3. Transfer the mixture to a medium-size bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and
4. Then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and form 5-6 even-sized patties. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture, and it was the perfect amount to yield five perfect sized patties.
5. Brush each patty with some olive oil and bake for 40 minutes. They get so crispy on the outside and stay beautiful and tender and delicious on the inside. I love the bright hints of tomato flavor from the sundried tomatoes mixed with the herby finish from the fresh parsley.
6. Serve on whole-grain buns and top with your favorite sauces like chipotle mayo, homemade basil pesto or just simply mayo, arugula, and sliced tomatoes.
You can even serve them open-faced style, on top of salads or in between some lettuce leaves for a lower-carb option. So good!!!!
I cannot wait to hear what you all think if this Chickpea Cauliflower Burger Recipe! I hope you love them as much as I do!
Can you freeze these chickpea cauliflower burgers?
YES! These are perfect for freezing and they reheat really well. To freeze simply cook the burgers, let them cool completely, place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove, wrap each burger individually in plastic wrap, place them into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Isn’t that great!
To reheat just remove them from the freezer, let them defrost on the counter for about 30 minutes then cook them per the instructions in the recipe.
- Use canned chickpeas since it is way easier and these burgers need the moisture from the canned beans. Dry beans would make this burger too dry.
- Make sure to chill the mixture before forming the burgers. This will help them stay sturdy and firm when baked.
- You can brush them with olive oil or avocado oil. This helps them get nice and crispy.
- You can rice the cauliflower or chop into florets, season it (with olive oil, chili powder + garlic powder +salt & pepper), and roast is at 425 for 20 minutes, then cool and follow recipe steps.
- You can also make these ahead and just leave the mixture covered in the fridge until ready to make.
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you!Print