Chickpea Cauliflower Burger made with hearty chickpeas, fluffy riced cauliflower, vibrant sun dried tomatoes and fresh parsley formed into these delicious, flavor packed veggie burgers. Perfect for a meatless meal the whole family will love! Dairy free and Vegan.
This Chickpea Cauliflower Burger is so good that even the non-vegetarian eaters will devour it! I promise! It is loaded with crazy vibrant flavors like sun dried tomatoes and garlic and packed with nutrition. Plus it is plant based and so good for you!
A good veggie burger is hard to come by and not that easy to come up with but I am determined to bring you a veggie burger so good you will be making it all the time and this is it. It’s DELICIOUS!
The chickpeas in this burger mixed with the riced cauliflower, bright sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs create this tasty veggie burger that is vegan,
Another favorite veggie burger is this best healthy black bean burger that always gets raving reviews. Both are perfect meal prep recipes as well since you can make them ahead and freeze them! Yippee!
Why you will LOVE this recipe
- Simple and easy to make without a crazy long list of ingredients
- You can store this burger in the fridge all week long.
- It is super sturdy and does not fall apart
- Packed with incredible flavor and plant-based nutrients.
- Baked to crispy deliciousness with no frying in oil.
- You can also freeze this chickpea cauliflower burger, which makes it great for meal prep.
- It is dairy free, vegan and easily made gluten free!
Ingredients needed to make a chickpea cauliflower burger
How to make a chickpea cauliflower burger
- Place all ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, into the bowl of a food processor and pulse well to combine. Then fold in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-size bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and
refrigeratefor at least 30 minutes. This will help the mixture firm up.
- Then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and form 3-4 even-sized patties. I used a ⅓ cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture, and it was the perfect amount to yield about 4 perfect sized patties.
- Brush each patty with some olive oil and bake for 40 minutes. They get so crispy on the outside and stay beautiful and tender and delicious on the inside.
- Serve on whole-grain buns and top with your favorite sauces like green goddess dressing and watercress, sliced red onion and mayo or classic lettuce and tomato style.
See the recipe card below for a full list of recipe ingredients and instructions.
You can even serve this Chickpea Cauliflower Burger open-faced style, on top of salads or in between some lettuce leaves for a lower-carb option. It is just so delicious and tasty and you are going to love it, I JUST KNOW IT!
- Serve this burger with some healthy Air-Fryer Sweet Potato chips or No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges.
- Pair it with a healthy Potato Salad.
- Enjoy it without the bun on top of a hearty salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Arugula Salad.
More Healthy Chickpea Recipes to Try!
- Easy Hummus Wrap With Crispy Chickpeas
- Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
Can you freeze these chickpea cauliflower burgers?
YES! These are perfect for freezing and they reheat really well. To freeze simply cook the burgers, let them cool completely, place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove, wrap each burger individually in plastic wrap, place them into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Isn’t that great!
To reheat just remove them from the freezer, let them defrost on the counter for about 30 minutes then cook them per the instructions in the recipe.
- Use canned chickpeas since it is way easier and these burgers need the moisture from the canned beans. Dry beans would make this burger too dry.
- Make sure to chill the mixture before forming the burgers as recommended. This will help them stay sturdy and firm when baked.
- You can brush the chickpea cauliflower burgers with olive oil or avocado oil. This helps them get nice and crispy.
- You can rice the cauliflower or chop into florets, season it (with olive oil, chili powder + garlic powder +salt & pepper), and roast is at 425 for 20 minutes, then cool and follow recipe steps.
- You can also make these ahead and just leave the mixture covered in the fridge until ready to make.
- Form the burgers a little bit thinner than regular burgers (about ½ inch thick) to allow them to cook more evenly all the way through.
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you!Print