Air fryer sweet potato wedges can be made with just a few simple ingredients and only 10 minutes. These crispy golden sweet potatoes are packed with flavor and nutrients, making them a perfect healthy snack, side dish, or appetizer that is vegan, paleo, and gluten-free!
Upgrade your snacking game with these light and crispy air fryer sweet potato wedges! They are wonderfully golden with so much amazing flavor! And best of all, they’re a breeze to make thanks to the magic of the air fryer. So why settle for boring old potato chips when you can enjoy these fun and delicious crispy sweet potatoes instead?
Cooking potatoes in the air fryer is a total game changer since it’s much faster than the oven and they come out perfectly crispy and golden every time! Like these air fryer sweet potatoes, crispy air fryer fries, and these amazing loaded baked potatoes.
Check out even more air fryer recipes on PMG!
I know you are just going to be obsessed with these incredibly easy and healthy air fryer sweet potato wedges. They are amazing and so appetizing!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy and nutritious
- Quick and easy
- Fun and light
Ingredients you will need
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these amazing sweet potato wedges. Here is what you will need:
- Sweet potatoes: 3-4 fresh small/medium sweet potatoes that are shorter rather than longer and are all similar in size and shape.
- Seasoning: garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper that bring out the incredible flavors of sweet potatoes.
- Olive oil/olive oil spray: to help the seasoning stick to the potatoes and allow them to get nice and golden and crispy as they cook.
How To Cut Sweet Potatoes Into Wedges
- Start by washing the sweet potato thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Cut off both ends of the sweet potato with a sharp knife.
- Stand the sweet potato upright on one of its flat ends and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Place each half flat side down on the cutting board, and slice each half into 3 or 4 long wedges, depending on the desired size. I cut mine about ¼ inch thick. As shown above.
- Repeat the same process for the other half of the sweet potato.
- If desired, you can trim any uneven edges from the wedges with a knife.
Note: the thicker you cut the potatoes the longer they will take to cook.
How To Make air fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Start by washing and drying your sweet potatoes, then cut them into evenly sized wedges.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges with a little oil and seasonings in a mixing bowl, making sure each wedge is coated well.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C), then arrange the sweet potato wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the sweet potato wedges for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through until they’re golden and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Once cooked, remove the sweet potato wedges from the air fryer basket and sprinkle them with a little extra salt if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Cut the sweet potato wedges into evenly sized pieces to ensure that they cook evenly and are all done at the same time. If you buy sweet potatoes that are all the same size it is easier to cut them into even-sized wedges.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. It’s important to leave enough space between the sweet potato wedges to allow air to circulate and crisp them up properly.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges in a little oil and season before air frying. This helps to give them a crispy exterior and adds flavor.
- Flip the sweet potato wedges halfway through cooking to ensure that they cook evenly on all sides.
- Experiment with different seasonings and flavor combinations to find your favorite. Sweet potato wedges go well with a variety of spices and herbs, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Keep an eye on the sweet potato wedges as they cook, especially toward the end of the cooking time, to avoid burning them. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the sweet potato wedges and the model of the air fryer.
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges: Toss your sweet potato wedges with a mixture of chili powder, cumin, and paprika before air frying for a spicy kick.
- Garlic and Herb Sweet Potato Wedges: Drizzle your sweet potato wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried thyme before air frying for a flavorful twist.
- Parmesan and Rosemary Sweet Potato Wedges: After air frying your sweet potato wedges, sprinkle them with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary for a savory and cheesy twist.
- Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Wedges: Toss your sweet potato wedges with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before air frying for a sweet and delicious dessert-like treat.
- BBQ Sweet Potato Wedges: Drizzle your sweet potato wedges with your favorite BBQ sauce before air frying for a smoky and savory flavor.
Ways to serve Air Fryer sweet potato wedges
Sweet potato wedges make a great snack or side dish on their own, but they can also be used in a variety of other dishes. Here are a few fun and delicious ways to serve them.
- Serve sweet potato wedges with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, hummus, or guacamole.
- Add sweet potato wedges to salads or grain bowls for a pop of color and nutrition.
- Use sweet potato wedges as a healthier alternative to traditional french fries, and serve them alongside burgers, sandwiches, or wraps.
- Top sweet potato wedges with shredded cheese, black beans, and salsa for a tasty twist on loaded nachos.
- Sweet potato wedges are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a wide range of dishes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different recipes!
FAQs about air fryer sweet potato wedges
No, there’s no need to soak sweet potatoes before air-frying them.
Yes, sweet potatoes are a nutritious and healthy food, as they are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and have been linked to various health benefits such as improved digestion, blood sugar control, and heart health.
The olive oil can be omitted to reduce calories but it really does help the sweet potatoes crisp up nicely when they cook and also allows the seasoning to stick to them.
Storing and reheating instructions
- To store leftover sweet potato wedges, allow them to cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- When reheating sweet potato wedges, the best method is to use the air fryer again. Simply preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C), arrange the sweet potato wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and air fry for 3-5 minutes until they’re hot and crispy.
- Alternatively, you can reheat sweet potato wedges in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), arrange the sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes until they’re heated through.
- Avoid microwaving sweet potato wedges to reheat them, as this can make them soggy and less crispy.
- If you’re short on time and need to reheat sweet potato wedges quickly, you can also use a toaster oven or a panini press to heat them up. Just be sure to keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
More healthy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Healthy Air fryer Carrot Fries
Other Sweet Potato Recipes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Bowl
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Paleo Sweet Potato Fries
I hope you try this air fryer sweet potato wedges recipe. If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print