Crispy Baked Eggplant Fries that are gluten-free and so easy to make! Chickpea breadcrumbs stuck to soft and tasty eggplant all baked to oven-fried perfection and matched with a delicious marinara dipping sauce!
Okay so who doesn’t love a good helping of Eggplant Fries? I know I do but what I am not too keen on is the “frying in oil” part. So here is my lightened up version that requires absolutely no frying but still gives you that nice crispy outer layer that is a key requirement for Baked Eggplant Fries. If you worked out hard all week and feel like indulging in some incredible homemade fried eggplant then check out this recipe from Gonna Want Seconds. It’s delicious!
Now back to my lighter more figure friendly Easy Baked Eggplant Fries for the times when you need to cut back a little on fried foods but still want all the tasty-feels.
How to make delicious and Easy Baked Eggplant Fries
Start by cutting the eggplant, skin-on since that helps the breadcrumbs stick and the skin is so good for you!
Dredge the eggplant in some egg and gluten-free breadcrumbs (I used Chickpea breadcrumbs). There are a lot of gluten-free breadcrumbs at the grocery store or at Trader Joes. You can also use panko breadcrumbs if you prefer not to make these gluten-free.
Sprinkle them with sea salt when they come out and plate them up! I paired them with some store-bought marinara sauce that I simply poured into a small bowl and warmed up. It was just the perfect match to these Easy Baked Eggplant Fries. My husband pretty much ate them all and wanted more so that is a sign that these will become a new staple in our home for sure!
I mean! Look at that crispy, crunchy yet soft eggplant fry. I cannot handle it!
If you like this recipe then you will love my Baked Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan.
- 1 medium eggplant cut into fry shapes
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the whisked eggs into a shallow bowl and place the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs with a sprinkle of salt and toss to combine.
- Add a sprinkle of salt to the eggs and whisk a little.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dredge each eggplant fry in the egg then the breadcrumbs and place onto the baking sheet. Continue until you have dredged all of the eggplant. Make sure to lay the breaded eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the eggplant with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt
- Warm up the marinara sauce in the microwave
- Plate and serve with the marinara dipping sauce. ENJOY!
You can store these in some foil in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just place them back into a 450 degree F oven on a baking sheet for a few minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 541mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 9g