The Best Vegan Sandwich that you will want to make all the time and even meat lovers will rejoice over it! Crisp veggies packed between a sliced buttery whole grain croissant! Yum!
Well ,hello veggies packed into a delicious buttery whole grain croissant. Yes, I would love a bite of the BEST Vegan Sandwich. What, you don’t talk to your food? You’ve got to try it lol! Any-who, this is literally the perfect lunch that has everything you NEED! Crisp cucumbers and radishes, sliced red onion, beautiful purple cabbage on top of spicy arugula and topped with creamy avocado. OMG! Usually the kind of meal I need for a hearty lunch after a long morning working out. This sandwich really truly is the BEST Vegan sandwich I have ever had and I am not just saying that because I made it. Well, maybe I am a little biassed but TRUST, TRUST, TRUST. It’s DELICIOUS and it came in second to my Vegan Portobello BLT .
This is what life is all about! Eating delicious food that you can really ENJOY!!!! When I first made this for this post I was only going to take a bite to taste it of course (as I usually do), but I actually ended up eating the whole thing. It was that GOOD! Such a great vegan sandwich idea for work or school since it will store great and is so easy to take with you.
If you are overly ambitious and want to make your own croissants then check out these Vegan Croissants from the Rose and Bean. So good! I was not that ambitious so I just bought some from the store. They actually had these whole grain croissants and they were the perfect match for this sammie. My son’s name is Sam and we call him Sammie sometimes, so I always giggle a little when I write a post for a sandwich recipe ha ha.
Now back to the star of this post, the BEST Vegan Sandwich ever! Plus just so easy since it comes together in 5 minutes. Mommies everywhere are cheering! At least I hope they are. The healthy sandwich filling with all of the veggies is so beautiful and gives you a good amount of nutrition and crunch. I just LOVE it so much!
How to make the BEST Vegan Sandwich
- Slice the veggies
- Slice the croissant in half or use any kind of bread you like
- Smear on some vegan mayo (it’s so good)
- Layer the veggies onto one half of the croissant or bread, top with the other half of the croissant and ENJOY!!!
- 2 whole grain croissants or any kind of bread you fancy
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 sliced red onion
- 1/2 a ripe avocado, sliced
- Slice the croissant in half lengthwise
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the vegan mayo on each half of the croissants or slices of bread
- Layer on the arugula, cucumber slices, radishes, purple cabbage, red onion and avocado onto one half of each sandwich splitting the ingredients in between each sandwich. Place the other half of the bread on top of the half with all of the veggies and ENJOY!
I made these sandwiches in advance and wrapped them each in parchment paper then some foil and stored them in the fridge until dinner and they were still DELICIOUS! We paired them with my homemade Baked Potato Chips!