Here is the BEST Vegan Sandwich with homemade creamy green goddess dressing that you have to try! Less than 10 minutes to make, packed with healthy ingredients, and a veggie sandwich the whole family will love! The perfect easy healthy lunch or dinner idea everyone will want to eat!
I am always trying to come up with sandwiches that are meatless but also packed with flavor that are fun to eat and make. Because sometimes you just feel like eating a sandwich. Right? Well, here is the very BEST Vegan Sandwich I have ever had!
Now, I was not really trying to make this vegan, it just happened to turn out that way, which I am not mad about at all!!!!
For this sandwich I used crusty ciabatta bread with the most amazing creamy green goddess dressing spread on top, then layered with peppery arugula ( a fave of mine), crispy radishes, bell pepper, onions, and sweet cherry tomatoes.
Oh and don’t forget the alfalfa sprouts. They add a nice crunch but also even more nutrition. Like this sandwich needs MORE nutrients, haha.
This sandwich really truly is the BEST Vegan sandwich I have ever had and I am not just saying that because I made it. Well, maybe I am a little biased but TRUST, TRUST, TRUST.
Why you will love this recipe
- It’s delicious and so good for you!
- You can make it in under 10 minutes
- It can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days!
- It’s vegan, can easily be made gluten-free, and a crowd-pleaser if you are entertaining.
- Packed with fresh veggies and creamy dressing all packed in between soft, crusty sliced bread. What’s not to love?
This sandwich would also go perfectly with this vegan macaroni salad or even this autumn chopped salad with kale and quinoa. Recipes that would all be perfect for a nice picnic on a warm, sunny afternoon.
That is what life is all about! Eating delicious food that you can really ENJOY!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make the BEST Vegan Sandwich
First, you need to make the incredible “Green Goddess Dressing”. Super easy to make with only a few ingredients. This dressing brings this sandwich to a whole new level of tasty deliciousness!
This dressing is pretty amazing and brings this sandwich to a whole new level!
Plus you can make it in minutes.
How to make an easy green goddess dressing
- Add all dressing ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse on high until fully combined into a creamy dressing. This takes about 30-45 seconds and it gets so creamy. Pretty amazing!
Then simply just build the vegan sandwich
- Spread on the dressing. Slather the dressing on both halves of bread ( I used a large ciabatta loaf that I sliced into portions after I assembled the sandwich)
- Add veggies. Then layer on the spicy arugula and sliced radishes on the bottom half of the bread. Top with sliced bell peppers, red onion, and sweet cherry tomatoes. It is so beautiful and colorful!
- Finish it off. Finally, spread the alfalfa sprouts on the top layer of bread and place it on top of the bottom half with all of the veggies. Lightly press to adhere all of the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy. Slice up the sandwich, and serve with veggie chips.
Combine both halves and slice and you have got one amazing veggie loaded sandwich!
Simply so good, nutritious, creamy, satisfying…everything you want in a good hearty vegan sandwich. Pair it with these air-fryer sweet potato wedges or these sweet and spicy baked cauliflower wings that can also be made in the air-fryer.
What to serve with this vegan sandwich
This sandwich is so yummy all on it’s own but here are some of my favorite sides that pair so well with a good hearty sandwich like this one.
- Fries: Such as these Crispy Paleo Sweet Potato Fries, No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges, or these Healthy Baked Eggplant Fries.
- More Veggies: Such as these Crispy Baked Beet Chips or these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots
- Chips or veggies and dip: Such as this 5 Minute Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, or this Roasted Vegetable Dip.
- Pair it with a light soup: Such as this Sausage and Kale Soup, Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup , Creamy Asparagus Soup or this Sweet Potato Soup.
Here are some more easy vegan recipes you may also enjoy
Looking for more delicious vegan recipes? Here are a few that are a hit in our house!
- Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Meatballs
- Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Israeli Couscous Salad
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You don’t have to use ciabatta bread. I chose to use a large ciabatta loaf that I sliced into portions after assembly, but you could use any kind of bread and simply evenly distribute the ingredients if using slices of bread or rolls.
- Want to make this low-carb? You can use lettuce cups or collard greens as the base instead of bread. Just blanch the collard greens before assembling the sandwich so they are easier to roll.
- Mix up the veggies. Use shredded carrots, watercress, spinach, thinly sliced zucchini, or even grilled portobello mushrooms.
- Add some protein. You could add in some crispy baked tofu, crispy chickpeas, or even some black beans for added protein.
- These sandwiches can be made ahead! Simply wrap each in parchment paper, then foil, and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below.
This recipe and post have been updated with more process shots and an improved recipe card.Print