Here is the BEST Vegan Sandwich with homemade creamy green goddess dressing that you have to try! It only takes 10 minutes to make it and it is packed with fresh veggies piled in between soft ciabatta bread. Serve it as a sandwich or a salad. Vegan and easily made gluten free!
Green Goddess Veggie Sandwich – Vegan
I am always trying to come up with sandwiches that are meatless but also packed with flavor that are fun to eat and make. Because sometimes you just feel like eating a sandwich, right? Well, here is the very BEST Vegan Sandwich I have ever had!
It is just the perfect meatless healthy dinner idea that the whole family will love!
I am also obsessed with this chickpea chicken salad that is vegan, gluten free and is a lower carb sandwich-like option that is so easy to make!
Why we love this recipe!
- Light and fresh – This vegan sandwich is packed with fresh crisp veggies, which makes it light and fresh!
- Easy to make – You can make it in under 10 minutes
- Stores great – It can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days!
- Vegan and easily gluten free – It’s vegan, can easily be made gluten-free, and a crowd-pleaser if you are entertaining.
- Healthy and nutritious – It is loaded with healthy veggies and an amazing creamy green goddess dressing that is packed with vitamins and fiber!
For this healthy vegan sandwich I used crusty ciabatta bread with the most amazing creamy green goddess dressing spread on top, then layered with peppery arugula ( a fave of mine), sprouts, sliced bell pepper, crisp cucumber, and sweet cherry tomatoes. All nutritious elements to this sandwich that make it both perfectly creamy and crunchy.
It is so versatile since you can serve it as a Sandwich, wrap or even a salad!
This simple healthy veggie sandwich really truly is one of the BEST sandwiches I have ever had. I am not just saying that because I made it. Well, maybe I am a little biased but TRUST, TRUST, TRUST. I love this it is packed with veggies but still comforting and so filling.
That is what life is all about! Eating delicious food that you can really ENJOY!
Ingredients for this healthy vegan sandwich
To make this healthy veggie sandwich you will need:
- Ciabatta bread
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Sprouts – I used broccoli sprouts
- Sliced bell peppers
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper – optional to season the veggies
How to make the BEST Vegan Sandwich
- Slice the bread in half so you have two large pieces of bread then cut each half into 3 equal sections so you have a top and bottom piece of bread for 3 sandwiches. You can make them smaller if you prefer or use ciabatta rolls instead.
- Make the green goddess dressing or you can use store-bought of course.
- Spread on the dressing. Slather the dressing evenly on all of the pieces of bread.
- Add veggies. Then layer on the veggies on the bottom half of the sandwiches in any order you like. I layered them this way: arugula, sprouts, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes.
- Finish it off. Put the sandwiches together by placing the remaining slices of bread on top of the veggie layered pieces of bread.
- Serve and enjoy. Slice up the sandwich, and serve with veggie chips or more cut veggies and dip.
Simply so good, nutritious, creamy, satisfying…everything you want in a good hearty vegan sandwich. Pair it with these air-fryer sweet potato wedges or these sweet and spicy baked cauliflower wings that can also be made in the air-fryer. This sandwich is also great on the go since it stores so well for a few days. Perfect to pack for lunch as well!
What to serve with this veggie sandwich
This sandwich is so yummy all on it’s own but here are some of my favorite sides that pair so well with a good hearty sandwich like this one.
- Fries: Such as these Crispy Paleo Sweet Potato Fries, No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges, or these Healthy Baked Eggplant Fries.
- More Veggies: Such as these Crispy Baked Beet Chips or these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots
- Chips or veggies and dip: Such as this 5 Minute Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, or this Roasted Vegetable Dip.
- Pair it with a light soup: Such as this Sausage and Kale Soup, Healthy Creamy Tomato Soup , Creamy Asparagus Soup or this Sweet Potato Soup.
Substitutions for this healthy veggie sandwich recipe
- Want to make this low-carb? You can use lettuce cups or collard greens as the base instead of bread. Just blanch the collard greens before assembling the sandwich so they are easier to roll. Here is a good tutorial on how to blanch collard greens.
- Mix up the veggies. Use shredded carrots, watercress, spinach, thinly sliced zucchini, sliced radishes, or even grilled portobello mushrooms.
- Add some protein. You could add in some crispy baked tofu, crispy chickpeas, or even some black beans for added protein.
- Skip the bread and make it into a vegan sandwich wrap or healthy green goddess salad.
- I used a green goddess dressing in this recipe but feel free to use any dressing or sauce you like.
- Easily make this sandwich recipe gluten free by using gluten free bread.
Recipe Tips for making a green goddess sandwich
- You don’t have to use ciabatta bread. I chose to use a large ciabatta loaf that I sliced into portions after assembly, but you could use any kind of bread and simply evenly distribute the ingredients if using slices of bread, rolls or even wraps.
- These sandwiches can be made ahead! Simply wrap each piece of the sandwich in parchment paper, then foil, and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store any extra dressing separately in a mason jar or airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to cut the veggies thinner so that they are easier to layer on top of each other.
- Spread the green goddess dressing on both sides of the bread since it will help hold the sandwich together better.
Here are some more easy vegan recipes you may also enjoy
- Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Meatballs
- Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Israeli Couscous Salad
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
- Vegan Roasted Veggie and Hummus Sandwich
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear how your’s turned out!
This recipe and post have been updated with more process shots and an improved recipe card.Print