Hi! I’m Amy, a Health Foodie, Certified Nutrition Coach, Runner, Mom of two little boys (Cameron 5 and Samuel 3) and Wife to an ultra running obsessed husband that loves to eat! My family enjoys all things food, making it and eating it even more. We also love feeling our best both inside and out. I truly believe that, “You are what you eat!”. If you fuel your body with the right food, think, “Eating the rainbow” you will feel your best and be able to perform your best everyday! That is the truth and it’s actually not that hard to do.
Hartford, CT Marathon 2011
We are a very active family as I am sure most of you with little kids, let alone little boys are. We love to eat and prepare recipes made from whole, real foods, reducing the amount of processed, less nutritious foods we are consuming. Of course it is difficult to “EAT CLEAN” 100% of the time so the 80/20 rule is best as a realistic goal. That’s my approach anyway since we cannot make ourselves crazy always double and triple checking ingredients. Eventually once you start eating real ingredients you already know what is in them. This approach allows you to feel and look your best as well as perform your best whether you are running, spinning, hiking or just playing with your kids.
Enter in the creation of my absolute favorite thing I have ever done: Creating Pinch Me Good!!!! A food blog with tons of nutritious, delicious, meatless recipes you can make for yourself and your family. Incredible food that will give you the energy you need to get through your day as well as look the best you can! I have been creating my own healthy recipes for years and now I am giving them to all of you.
So welcome to“Pinch me good!”. My Goal is to create and share with you the foods that we have all come to love and maybe some that you have never tried but in a healthier way that will allow you to feel better about what you and your family are eating. Don’t worry, it won’t be all salads and boring veggie recipes. I like to be creative with my food and I do not eat anything that does not taste good just because it is good for me. I live to enjoy my food experiences and so should you, so let’s get cooking!!
10 Fun Facts About Me!
- I am a Triplet. I have two sisters that are the same age as me (obviously). I also have three brothers (not triplets). My parents certainly had their hands full.
- I am a Marathon Runner. I have run 8 marathons, including the NYC Marathon, which was the most amazing experience! I am currently training for the 2019 Myrtle Beach Marathon with a goal to finally break the 4-hour mark. Wish me luck!!
- I am married to an Ultra runner who runs crazy 50-100 mile races and has even won a few. His name is Matthew Estes. Look him up, he is a pretty amazing athlete!
- I have two amazing sons that I previously mentioned in my bio. Cameron and Samuel (yes, Cam and Sam lol!) that are the loves of my life and keep me on my toes and in the kitchen ha ha!
- I recently moved from Connecticut to North Carolina to be closer to my parents and my sister (who lives across the street from me).
- My favorite movie is Julie and Julia for obvious reasons. It’s about a girl who starts a successful food blog.
- I LOVE red wine! It is literally one of my favorite things but in moderation of course. I have been known to sip a glass for 2 hours just smelling and tasting it, I love it so much!
- Hawaii is my favorite vacation spot! My husband and I traveled there 5 times before we had kids and he even ran and won the H.U.R.T. trail 100 race in 2007. Just a few months after we got married.
- I love to watch the Food Network and The Hallmark Channel. Please don’t judge, ha ha!
- I was previously a full-time Project Manager for a wealth management company but left my job to pursue my blog and nutrition coaching dreams. So I appreciate your amazing support!