This hummus sandwich with veggies is so quick and easy but also crazy good! Smooth and savory hummus smothered on sprouted grain bread, layered with warm balsamic roasted veggies topped with sun-dried tomato spread and greens. A meal that is sure to up your sandwich game any day of the week. Vegan, plant-based and loaded with flavor and nutrition!
This hummus sandwich is so good and has loads of flavor. I mean just look at all of those beautiful colors. Don’t they just make you want to dive in and eat it up? Yes!
Meal time can sometimes get a little blah, so ocassionally we need to spice it up a little with fun meals like this super easy Roasted Veggies and Hummus Sandwich. A recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends.
Packed with a ton of flavors and textures as well as a load of nutrition from plant based protein and fiber to lots of Vitamin C!
This sandwich is made with tender, balsamic marinated roasted veggies including portobello mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers and onion as well as hearty greens. All topped with tasty hummus and sun-dried tomato spread. Omg, it is just so good!
You need to try this recipe! Plus all of your family and friends can enjoy it because it is vegan, plant-based and easily made gluten-free. It is literally the perfect lunch or healthy dinner idea that everyone will go crazy for.
Why you will love this recipe
- The mix of flavors work so great together.
- Packed with a ton of nutrition in every bite!
- Plant-based/vegan and easily made gluten-free
- Super easy to make in under 20 minutes
- Another great way to get those veggies in besides eating a salad
- It’s so good!!!!
Ingredients needed to make this Hummus Sandwich
How to make this hummus sandwich
You can make this sandwich in 20 minutes or less and enjoy it all week long!
- Cut and marinate the veggies. This takes all of 10 minutes to do or less if you buy pre-cut veggies. Slice the veggies in similar shapes and sizes then place them into a mixing bowl.
- Season and marinate the veggies. Mix up the super simple marinade (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper) and pour it over the veggies. Toss the veggies to coat them all in the marinade. Let them sit for a few minutes to soak up all of that great flavor.
- Roast the veggies. Pour the veggie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread them out in an even layer. Roast at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Once you smell them, they are done. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Make the hummus. You can use store bought hummus or make homemade hummus that is up to you. If you are short on time then try this 5 Minute Hummus, it is insanely good. Roasted red pepper hummus would also be so delicious on this sandwich and is quick and easy to make.
- Build your sandwich. Spread some of the hummus on one of the slices of bread and top it with some of the greens. I used a mix of arugula, spinach and basil. Spread some of the sun-dried tomato spread on the other half of the bread and layer on the veggies. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice and some vegan parmesan for even more flavor.
- Serve. Enjoy this hummus sandwich at room temperature with your favorite chips. I love to pair this sandwich with some sea salt plantain chips.
This sandwich takes the cake over any sandwich I have ever made. No, really, it totally does. Maybe a close second to this Vegan Sandwich that you all seem to love so much and is also pretty epic.
Make this sandwich ahead of time
You can easily make this sandwich ahead. To make it ahead of time, roast the veggies, slice the bread, make the hummus and store all of the ingredients separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When ready to eat, warm up the veggies in the oven or microwave, then let them cool slightly and build your sandwich. Yum!
How good does that look? I also love that you can serve this hummus sandwich family-style as pictured above in this post. My family loves when I make a sandwich platter and everyone can design their own. What a great way to get your kids interested in eating more veggies. Plus it just looks so pretty and inviting that everyone just wants to dig right in.
All of the veggies mixed in with the hummus really make this recipe a hearty, filling dinner that is perfect any day of the week. It is also a great way to get those veggies in.
What to serve with this veggie & hummus sandwich
This recipe is super delicious all on it’s own but here are a few other meal additions that I think would be great with this sandwich.
- Serve it up with some healthy fries. Such as these Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries, No-Oil Sweet Potato Wedges, or these super crispy and delicious Baked Eggplant fries.
- Enjoy it with a super simple salad for even more veggies. I love this Easy Kale Salad or this Mediterranean Couscous Salad.
- Enjoy it with other healthy sides, like these Oven Roasted Chickpeas or this Buffalo Cauliflower.
More Easy Vegan Recipes
- Butternut Squash Noodles Bowl
- Simple Chickpea Chicken Salad
- The Best Vegan Sandwich
- Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
- As noted above, slice the veggies into similar sizes and shapes for more even cook times. This will also help the veggies stay inside the sandwich as you eat it.
- You can switch up the veggies and use summer squash, cherry tomatoes, or even sliced eggplant. For the greens, I used a mix of arugula, spinach and little basil but you could also use watercress, micro greens, or even thinly sliced kale.
- Use some other spreads in place of the sun-dried tomato spread, such as this Lemon Basil Pesto, Green Goddess Dressing, incredible Roasted Vegetable Dip or this Beet Pesto.
- Any kind of bread or even a wrap will work with this Hummus Sandwich. I opted for sprouted grain bread to keep it healthier and to add even more nutrition to this recipe. Plus sprouted grain bread is just so pretty and has so much more texture Thant plain whole wheat bread.
- To store this sandwich, wrap it up in some parchment paper or foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can reheat it in the microwave or toaster oven for a few minutes to warm it up a little or you could even eat it cold right out of the fridge!
Shop this recipe
Here are some of my favorite products I used for making this recipe.
*I hope you try this recipe! If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out.Print