This amazing robust Romesco Sauce Recipe is so quick and easy and can be made in 5 minutes or less! Vibrant roasted red peppers blended with garlic, olive oil, cashews and zippy red wine vinegar. It goes great on fish, chicken, roasted veggies and more. Vegan and gluten free!
Yay for a quick 5 minute Romesco Sauce Recipe right? This sauce is so vibrant and packed with flavor and nutrition. The star of this recipe are the roasted red peppers which you can buy or make yourself. I opted to buy them since it makes this recipe even easier.
We love to add this sauce to so many other recipes like this Roasted Veggies and Hummus Sandwich, Easy Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli or this amazing Healthy Turkey Burger. It also goes wonderfully with fish, chicken or any kind of roasted veggies.
What is Romesco Sauce?
Romesco sauce originated in Spain and was originally created by a fisherman to add some flavor to his fish. This sauce is typically made with roasted tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and nuts but I opted for roasted red bell peppers in place of the tomatoes to make it an even tastier and easier recipe.
Roasted red peppers can be purchased at most grocery stores and are a wonderful pantry ingredient to have on hand for making recipes like this one. They really give this romesco sauce recipe a nice bold flavor that you will just love!
Why you will love this recipe
- Bold, bright, flavor packed sauce that goes with everything!
- It takes 5 minutes or less to make it!
- Made with only a few simple pantry ingredients
- It is already vegan and gluten free!
- Great for meal prep!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How To Make This romesco sauce recipe
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender
- Pulse on high until fully combined into a creamy, slightly thick sauce. This takes about 30-45 seconds.
- Serve on pasta, fish, chicken or roasted veggies.
You can easily make this sauce for your meal prep and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To store this romesco sauce, pour it into mason jars fitted with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Then easily pull it out and add it to your favorite fish chicken, veggies, eggs or pasta dish.
How great is that?
Make ahead tips
As noted above, you can make this recipe in 5 minutes and easily store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve it cold straight from the fridge, at room temperature or you can warm it up on the stove and serve hot over some fresh cooked pasta!
Ways to use romesco sauce
This Romesco Sauce Recipe can be used in some many ways. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use it.
- Add it a a topping on fish or chicken
- Mix it in with your favourite pasta
- Use it as a dip with some raw veggies
- Drizzle it over some roasted veggies or eggs
- Use it as a sauce on pizza
- Add it as a condiment on your favourite sandwich or wrap!
More delicious sauces you may also enjoy!
- Simple Roasted Beet Pesto
- Homemade Lemon Basil Pesto Sauce
- Easy Green Goddess Dressing
- The Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- You can use store bought roasted red peppers or roast your own. To roast your own fresh red bell peppers, place them over a flame on your stove at medium heat carefully turning them as they char up, place them into a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10-15 minutes. Then slice, remove the seeds and follow the rest of the recipe. You can also roast them in the oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce you can use almonds or cashews. I opted for cashews since that is what I had but I have also made this romesco sauce recipe with almonds and it was just as delicious.
- Make it spicier. For a hint of spice, I added some chili powder. You can also add some chipotle sauce to make it even spicier. About 1 tablespoon should do the trick.
- This sauce stores great in mason jars fitted with a lid and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print