This Curry Chicken Salad is so creamy and crunchy and just perfect wrapped up in some lettuce cups or all on it’s own. Made up of roasted chicken breast, crisp carrots, celery, onion, cashews and raisins for sweetness. Topped with the most addictive creamy curry yogurt sauce you will want to put on everything! It comes together in 10 minutes and is meal prep and kid-friendly.
The Best Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
This Curry Chicken Salad recipe is so amazing and is kicked up a notch by including some Indian Inspired spices like curry mixed in with creamy yogurt and an array of crunchy veggies and nuts. Curry Chicken Salad is perfect for meal prepping and taking your meal to go!
Chicken salad has always been one of those recipes that is timeless yet so simple and easy to make. You can combine so many different flavors to make it your own and this recipe is one you will want to make over and over again.
I was never really the biggest fan of curry, or at least I didn’t think I was until I started branching out. My niece actually introduced me to a curry rice recipe she ordered for take-out and it was so good. I was sold!
Now chicken salad recipes are kind of my go-to when I am not sure what to make but I am in need of a quick and healthy meal.
Why you will love this curry chicken salad recipe
- It is so crunchy and creamy
- Very filling and satisfying and packed with lots of protein and veggies
- Includes the most incredible spicy curry yogurt sauce you will love.
- Can be made in 10 minutes!
- It is great for meal prep and can be stored for up to 5 days.
- There is just so much flavor and texture it’s amazing!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How To make curry chicken salad
Making curry chicken salad is very easy to do in only a few simple steps in 10 minutes or less!
- Assemble the salad by adding all salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix up the curry yogurt sauce in a small bowl by combining the greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, curry powder, salt and pepper until it forms a smooth thick pale yellow or orange sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
- Top with more lime juice, cashews and chopped cilantro.
It is so creamy and full of loads of texture and flavor. This is a healthy chicken salad recipe you will want to make all the time. Plus, it get’s even better as it sits. You can enjoy this salad inside lettuce cups, between two slices of bread, on top of some greens like spinach or arugula, or just all on its own. It is delicious not matter how you enjoy it.
It would be great with this easy kale salad.
How to cook chicken for chicken salad
There are a few ways you can cook chicken for chicken salad. The easiest and fastest way is to buy a precooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. Which is great if you are short on time.
I prefer to use roasted or grilled chicken since it is also very flavourful and adds a nice bit of texture and seasoning. Plus, if you make it yourself then you can control the salt and seasoning, which I am a huge fan of.
In my opinion this Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast is the way to go. It only took a few minutes and it comes out perfect every time. Plus you can make it in advance and have it ready to go!
You will want to let the chicken rest for a few minutes after cooking to allow the juices to distribute properly so that it doesn’t dry out. Because nobody wants dry chicken in their chicken salad right?
You can also roast the chicken breast in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 16-18 minutes, until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees F. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes then cut it up and make this chicken salad.
You can easily store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, which makes it a great meal prep, make-ahead recipe.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- To make this recipe dairy-free you can use vegan mayo in place of the greek yogurt.
- Mix up the veggies and add in some diced cucumber or bell pepper.
- You can use a shallot in place of the onion if the onion is too strong or you are making this recipe for your kids.
- Add in some chopped apple or dried cranberries for more sweetness and flavor.
- See recommendations in post for the best ways to cook chicken for chicken salad.
- This chicken salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you are looking for a vegan chicken salad recipe than this Chickpea Chicken Salad is definitely your jam.
More healthy chicken recipes
- Crispy Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Veggie Chicken Pizza Bake
- 15 Minute Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Pesto Pizza
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below.Print