You will love this simple Curry Chicken Salad that is bursting with flavor, thanks to the juicy chicken, crunchy veggies, and creamy Greek yogurt dressing. This fantastic homemade chicken salad recipe is not only incredibly tasty but also super easy to make. Whip it up in minutes, and savor it all week long!
This curry chicken salad recipe is incredibly delicious, once you try it, you will want to make it all the time! Plus, it is packed with protein and veggies and is a satisfying, delicious quick lunch you can enjoy any day of the week.
This is one of my favorite salad recipes!
Don’t even get me started on the creamy curry dressing. It combines thick Greek yogurt, mayo, and curry powder into a luscious, smooth, perfectly spicy, dressing that makes this the best chicken salad ever!
Why you’ll love this curry chicken salad recipe
- Packed with flavor
- Versatile & healthy
- The best creamy dressing
- Great meal prep recipe
*Check out the recipe card located at the bottom of this post for the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutrition.
Ingredients you will need
For the curry chicken salad
- Cooked chicken breasts: Succulent, tender chicken breasts add a good amount of protein and flavor.
- Carrots: Crisp and sweet packed with vitamins and fiber.
- Celery: Crunchy celery adds a hint of tanginess and freshness.
- Red onion: Mildly pungent onion provides a sharp flavor and vibrant color.
- Golden raisins: Plump and sweet dried fruit that adds a burst of natural sweetness.
- Cashews: Creamy and buttery crunchy cashews provide a delightful crunch.
- Cilantro: Fragrant herb with a fresh and citrusy taste, that adds a nice burst of flavor.
Tip: For convenience, pre-cook and refrigerate chicken up to 3 days ahead or use store-bought rotisserie chicken. Leftover shredded chicken works well too. This curry chicken salad recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal using leftover chicken.
For the curry Greek Yogurt dressing
- Greek yogurt: Creamy, thick, and tangy, a healthier alternative to traditional mayonnaise. You can use any plain Greek yogurt.
- Mayo: Rich and creamy mayo adds a smooth and velvety texture to the dressing.
- Lime: Citrus fruit with a tangy and refreshing flavor, enhances the overall taste with a zesty kick.
- Maple syrup: Natural sweetener derived from maple trees, lends a distinct and caramel-like sweetness.
- Curry powder: A blend of various spices, typically including turmeric, cumin, coriander, and more, adds depth and warmth with a hint of spice.
- Salt and pepper: Basic seasonings that enhance flavors and balanced taste.
How To make this easy chicken salad recipe
Making curry chicken salad is very easy to do in only a few simple steps in 10 minutes or less!
- Assemble the salad by adding all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix up the curry yogurt dressing in a small bowl by combining the Greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper until it forms a smooth thick pale yellow or orange sauce. Add a hint of maple syrup for sweetness.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
- Top with more lime juice, cashews, and chopped cilantro.
- Protein: You can use cooked chicken breast, rotisserie chicken, or chicken thighs.
- Vegetable substitutions: Feel free to swap out carrots and celery for other crunchy vegetables like bell peppers, cucumber, green onions, or jicama to add variety and texture to your salad.
- Nut substitutions: If you’re not a fan of cashews, you can try using almonds, peanuts, or toasted pine nuts for a different nutty crunch.
- Fruit: Add some red grapes for a pop of color and sweetness, or even some chopped apples.
- Herb substitutions: If cilantro isn’t your preferred herb, you can use fresh parsley, basil, mint, or dill to add a different herbal note to your salad.
- Greek yogurt substitutions: you can use sour cream, mayo, or whipped cottage cheese in place of Greek yogurt. This will alter the flavors but will still be delicious in this chicken curry salad.
- Thai-inspired: You can add red curry paste, a pinch of cayenne pepper, coconut milk, and lime juice to the dressing, and include ingredients like shredded cabbage, mango, and chopped peanuts for a Thai-inspired twist.
- Mediterranean: infuse Mediterranean flair by mixing curry powder with Greek yogurt and lemon juice for the dressing. Add ingredients such as diced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese
- Morracan: Combine the warm flavors of curry with Moroccan spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cumin in the dressing. Incorporate ingredients like roasted butternut squash, chickpeas, dates, and fresh mint.
- Dairy-free: use dairy-free Greek yogurt!
- Vegan: make this a chickpea chicken salad by swapping the chicken with mashed chickpeas.
Expert Tips For Success
Here are some tips for making this curry chicken salad fantastic every time!
- Flavorful chicken: Cook the chicken with some salt and pepper and another seasoning to make it have even more flavor. Try this air fryer chicken breast for an easy option.
- Balanced curry flavor: Start conservatively, and add gradually when adding the curry powder so you can easily adjust it to match your taste preferences.
- Texture: Mix crunchy veggies, chewy fruits, and crispy nuts for variety. Use any you like or have on hand.
- Allow flavors to meld: For enhanced flavors and taste in this curry chicken salad, chill it for 1-2 hours before serving it.
Ways to serve curry chicken salad
- Sandwich or Wrap: Enjoy this chicken salad between bread or tortillas with fresh toppings like avocado.
- Salad Bowl: Serve over greens, for a vibrant satisfying salad.
- Lettuce Wraps: Use lettuce leaves as a bread substitute, and fill with curry chicken salad for a flavorful low-carb meal.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Don’t leave chicken salad at room temperature since it can spoil easily if left out for too long.
Recommended tools for making this recipe
Other Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Did you make this easy curry chicken salad recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print