Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Air Fryer Green Bean Fries are the best crunchy, salty snack that is easy to make and goes with so many things. These crispy green beans are coated in a gluten-free, flavorful coating made of almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese and air fried until perfectly golden and crispy in under 10 minutes!
These easy-to-make parmesan green bean fries can be made in 15 minutes and are loaded with amazing salty, vibrant flavors. Wonderfully dippable in your favorite french fry sauce.
Since you all love these oven-roasted green beans and potatoes so much that I knew I needed to come up with another amazing green bean recipe! So, here it is! I was inspired by a similar recipe from Kristen Cavallari’s cookbook “True Roots” where she made these fries in the oven, so I have adapted it for the air fryer, of course.
You’re going to be obsessed with these fries since they are lower in carbs and much healthier than traditional french fries. Green beans in the air fryer are delicious but coat them in a crunchy, savory coating and they become a mouth-watering dish that everyone will go crazy for! Plus, any reason to enjoy fries of any kind is never a bad idea.
These are made with fresh green beans coated with egg and then breaded in a crunchy, salty mixture of almond flour, parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then air-fried until ultra crispy and tender.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Light and healthy – these green bean fries taste decadent but are lower in calories and carbs and are packed with nutrition.
- Easy to make – they only take 15 minutes!
- Kid-friendly – kids love them and they are a great way to get them to eat more veggies.
- The best crunchy, salty snack – the light parmesan coating is the perfect balance of flavors that is so tasty and satisfying.
Air fryer green bean fries ingredients
- Fresh green beans – any fresh green beans will work. I used pre-trimmed and washed green beans. Frozen green beans will not work in this recipe.
- Egg yolks – just 2 egg yolks to help the coating stick to the green beans.
- Avocado oil – a little bit to allow the fries to get perfectly crispy and golden.
- Almond flour – for the delicious coating.
- Grated parmesan cheese – to add a nice cheesy, salty flavor to the fries.
- Seasoning – garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper for amazing flavorful green bean french fries.
How to make air fryer green bean fries
- Coat in egg – Add the green beans to a large bowl, add the egg yolks, and toss the beans to coat them really well.
- Add the breading – Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well to combine. Pour it over the green beans and use your hands to toss and coat them in the breading.
- Prepare the air fryer – Brush the air fryer basket with avocado oil or you can use olive oil or avocado oil spray. I just found that brushing the basket with olive oil gets the fries even crispier. Then preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Once it is ready, add the green bean fries to the basket in an even layer with a few overlapping. You may need to cook them in batches if you are using a smaller air fryer.
- Cook – Cook the fries for 8-10 minutes, flipping them in the basket halfway through the cooking time. Continue until you have cooked all of the fries.
- Enjoy – Serve them right away with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Pro tip! Buy pre-trimmed, washed green beans to save time and make this recipe even quicker and easier.
Tips for Success
- Dry the green beans well on a clean paper towel before you coat them. In this recipe, we are not dipping and coating each green bean ( which is too much work for me, haha). So it is important to make sure the green beans are nice and dry before you start. Of course, if you prefer to have more breading on your fries then feel free to dip each one in egg yolk, then in almond flour, and parmesan coating.
- Use your hands to toss the green beans in the egg and the coating so they get nice and covered in all of that flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. True for almost any air fryer recipe but especially this one. You can have some overlapping but too much and the green beans will not crisp up as nicely. This means you may need to cook them in 1-2 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Toss the green bean fries in the air fryer basket at least one time during cooking so they get perfectly crispy and golden. They are so good!
Substitutions and variations
- To make these fries nut-free, you can swap the almond flour with panko breadcrumbs, or regular breadcrumbs.
- For a dairy-free version replace the parmesan cheese with dairy-free parmesan.
- To make green bean fries without the breading – just coat the green beans in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and in the seasoning (garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper) then air fry as directed in the recipe.
FAQs for making the best green bean fries
Green beans in general are lower in carbs with 1 cup of cooked green beans coming in at around 7 grams of carbs, which is great! Since the coating on these fries is also low-carb and Keto, this green bean fries recipe is in fact low-carb.
No, you do not. Which is such a time saver! In this recipe, we are coating raw green beans and then air frying them until tender, golden, and perfectly crispy in about 10 minutes.
Brushing the air fryer basket with oil or spraying it with avocado oil or olive oil spray will prevent the fries from sticking to the basket.
Oven-baked green bean fries
Don’t have an air fryer? You can make these crispy green beans in the oven. Season and coat them as directed in the recipe, place them onto a baking sheet that has been brushed with the oil and bake them in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Best dipping sauces for air fryer green bean fries
Here are some wonderful dipping sauces that pair great with these fries.
- Chick-Fil-A sauce
- Green goddess dressing
- Ranch dressing
- Burger sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
Ways to serve these healthy fries
These crispy green beans are great on their own as a healthy snack but they also make a fantastic side dish! Here are some other dishes they would pair well with.
Storing and Reheating Tips
- Storing – these air fryer green beans store great in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Although, they are best if eaten right away.
- Reheating – leftovers can be reheated right in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or until crispy and warmed through.
More healthy fries recipes
Other quick and easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Savory Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Easy Air Fryer Zucchini
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Radishes
Did you try this air fryer green bean fries recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print
Healthy Air fryer Green Bean Fries – Gluten Free
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Air Fryer Green Bean Fries are the best crunchy, salty snack that is easy to make and goes with so many things. These crispy green beans are coated in a gluten-free mixture and air fried until perfectly golden and crispy in under 10 minutes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans – trimmed, washed, and dried well
- 2 large egg yolks – save the whites for omelets and other recipes
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil – or oil spray (non-aerosol)
- Place the green beans into a large bowl and add the egg yolks. Save the whites for other recipes. Use your hands to coat the green beans well in the egg yolk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the almond parmesan mixture to the green beans and toss to coat them really well.
- Brush or spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil or olive oil and preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the coated green beans into the air fryer in a single layer with only some overlapping. (you may need to cook them in batches).
- Close and cook the green bean fries for 8-10 minutes, flipping them in the basket halfway through the cooking time. Cook them until they are nice and golden and crispy, then transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate. Continue until you have cooked all of the fries.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Use fresh green beans and not frozen green beans.
- Make sure that the green beans are nice and dry before you coat them.
- Serve the fries right away with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy snacks and appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer green bean fries, green bean fries, green beans, air fryer green beans, healthy fries
Leave a Reply