Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
This Air Fryer Broccoli is so easy to make and comes out perfectly cooked in about 10 minutes. It is nice and crispy and packed with so much flavor just like oven-roasted broccoli but in much less time.
If you love roasted veggies then this air fryer broccoli recipe is for you! You can make this broccoli in half the time it takes to make roasted broccoli in the oven but you still get that flavor-packed, crispy-edged result we all love!
My family loves air fryer roasted veggies that never disappoint and always come out perfect every time. What we have found is that the air fryer just cooks veggies faster and more efficiently.
Although, we still cook large batches of veggies in the oven as we did with this sheet pan sausage and veggies.
You may also love these air fryer mushrooms that are also so simple and quick to make but so delicious!!!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy side dish – it only takes 10 minutes to make it.
- Healthy and so delicious – broccoli is loaded with nutrition and flavor!
- Great meal prep recipe – it stores and reheats great. Use it in many ways like in broccoli quiche or as a topping on baked potatoes.
- Foolproof recipe – as long as you follow the steps, you cannot mess this recipe up, so it is a great air fryer beginner recipe.
Ingredients you will need
- Fresh broccoli – you could use frozen broccoli but it will not come out as crispy and may turn mushy in the air fryer. I found that fresh broccoli florets work best in this recipe.
- Avocado oil – you could also use olive oil or ghee.
- Garlic powder – granulated garlic powder. You can use other spices like onion powder or Chili Powder if you prefer.
- Salt & pepper – used to enhance all of the flavors.
- Lemon – to squeeze over the broccoli after it cooks, which is optional but a nice finished touch.
How Cook Broccoli In The Air Fryer
- Add the chopped broccoli florets to a large bowl.
- Drizzle them with oil, toss and then season it with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F and spray the basket with non-aerosol olive oil spray.
- Place the broccoli florets into the air fryer in an even layer and cook at 360 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Please remove it from the air fryer once it is done cooking and transfer it to a plate or bowl. Squeeze some lemon juice over the broccoli and finish it off with a pinch of red pepper.
How long to cook broccoli in the air fryer
If you are using fresh broccoli florets then most will take around 8-10 minutes to cook depending on the temperature you choose. In this air fryer broccoli recipe, we are cooking them at 360 degrees F for 8-10 minutes for perfectly cooked, crispy broccoli every time!
Tip for the best air fryer broccoli
- Cut the broccoli florets in even sizes and shapes. This ensures that it all cooks at the same time.
- Switch up the seasoning. Season it well with oil and spices and make sure to toss it to coat it all before you cook it. Feel free to be creative and use any seasoning you like. Cumin, paprika, chili powder, or Italian seasoning would all be great variations to try!
- Toss it in the basket while cooking. Flip the broccoli n the basket halfway through the cooking time to get it crispy on all sides.
- Use a bit of water – add about 1-2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of your air fryer to help steam the broccoli if you prefer steamed broccoli over crispy roasted broccoli.
Here are a few ways to serve this amazing side dish!
- As a side dish with chicken, pork, ham, or salmon.
- On pizza!
- Use it in a broccoli cheddar quiche or enjoy it with some scrambled eggs and bacon!
- Enjoy it in omelets.
Storing and reheating Tips
- Storing – You can easily store this air fryer broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating – Air fryer broccoli can be reheated right in the air fryer for a few minutes until it is crispy and warmed through. You could also reheat it in the microwave.
No, you do not. You can use fresh, uncooked broccoli in this recipe.
You can cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer but it tends to come out mushy and not as crispy as fresh Broccoli.
Yes, it does! It is so amazingly crispy and flavorful and air frying it is one of the best ways to cook it!
Yes, you can put foil in the air fryer but it is not needed in this recipe since it could prevent the broccoli from getting nice and crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print
Air Fryer Broccoli – with garlic and lemon
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Low Calorie
Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli. The perfect healthy side dish you can make in 10 minutes! This is a foolproof broccoli recipe that is dairy-free, gluten-free, low-calorie and so delicious!
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Lemon – optional for garnish
- Red pepper flakes – optional for garnish
- Add the broccoli florets to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the broccoli with oil and toss.
- Season the broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat it all in the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Once the air fryer is ready, spray the basket with olive oil spray. Place the broccoli into the air fryer basket in an even layer (it is okay is some are overlapping).
- Close and cook the broccoli at 360 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Flipping it in the basket halfway through the cooking time. Note: if you are making this in a tray-style air fryer then you can just flip the broccoli over halfway through the cooking time.
- Once the broccoli is done cooking, immediately transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- This recipe comes out best with fresh broccoli. Frozen broccoli will work but it will not come out as crispy and flavorful.
- You can store this cooked broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days after it has been cooked and cooled completely.
- Reheat portions right in the air fryer or the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer broccoli, broccoli recipe. broccoli in the air fryer, broccoli, roasted broccoli
Leave a Reply