The best healthy and easy black bean brownies that are so fudgy and delicious. The combination of avocado and black beans makes these brownies so moist but still slightly cakey. Gluten-free, flourless and packed with decadent flavor.
I am not a big dessert person, but brownies I love! Top with some creamy vanilla ice cream and it is the perfect dessert in my book! Thanks to all of the wonderful healthy ingredients in this recipe. These Black Bean Avocado Brownies allow me to indulge in this chocolatey treat without feeling “not so great” afterwards.
My kids love brownies too and it is always a good opportunity for me to sneak in some healthy goodness. They devour these Healthy Fudgy Brownies that also contain clean and good for you ingredients but have no beans in them.
These Black Bean Avocado Brownies are the perfect recipe to get your kids to eat more protein, fiber and good fat! Which is a win for all of the mamas out there.
Hearty black beans pureed into a creamy mixture with ripe avocados, eggs, cocoa powder, coconut oil, baking powder, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Blend it all in the food processor, pour the batter into a pan and bake until super fudgy and crazy delicious!
What to expect from these Black Bean Avocado Brownies
- Super fudgy and decadent – everything I want in a brownie.
- No flour and no refined sugar and nobody will ever know!
- Just sweet enough and so moist from the combo of the avocado and black beans.
- No taste of the black beans whatsoever! My kids ate these up and loved them! I have never been so happy about them eating a brownie! Haha!
- Straightforward recipe – Only three steps to make!
How to make black bean avocado brownies
- Puree the black beans in a food processor or blender.
- Add in the avocado + eggs + oil + vanilla and blend on high.
- Add in the sugars +cocoa powder + baking powder + salt and blend to combine into a chocolatey batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a sprayed 8×8 baking pan, top with more chocolate chips, and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with slightly wet crumbs.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes, slice, and serve.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes) before serving. So incredibly fudgy and delicious!
Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
These black bean avocado brownies are what brownie dreams are made of. Perfect with a nice glass of red wine or even tea. So good that my husband nearly ate the whole pan! He did just run a 100-mile race so I guess he earned it.
How to store homemade brownies
Storing brownies is easy. You can store them for a few days or freeze them for up to 2 months!
To store these brownies for a
To freeze these brownies – After they have cooled completely, wrap each brownie in plastic wrap, then parchment paper and store them in a freezer-friendly container in your freezer for up to 2 months.
To defrost – simply leave them in the fridge overnight or on the counter for about 20 minutes.
If you like these brownies, you will love these healthy fudgy brownies that are also very easy to make and also have no refined sugar or flour.
Other healthy easy desserts you may also want to try
Here are some of my absolute favorite healthy desserts that you can make and enjoy more often without any guilt.
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Simple Gluten Free Buckeye Balls
- Healthy Chewy chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites
Tips for making black bean avocado brownies
- Rinse the black beans well – strain them, then rinse them for at least 30 seconds underwater.
- Use a ripe avocado – Make sure the avocado doesn’t have any brown spots on it and make sure it is beautiful and bright green and soft. If you have a small avocado, then use the whole thing, for larger avocados, only use half.
- Bake the brownies for at least 40 minutes and let them cool for 30 minutes after baking. This will help them firm up. These brownies are soft and fudgy and not cakey due to the creaminess of the avocado and the black beans, but so delicious!
More black bean recipes
Here are some of my go-to recipes using black beans that are quick and easy and so delicious.
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
- The Best Healthy Black Bean Burgers
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Black Beans
I hope you love these as much as my family and I did! If you try them, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to know how yours turned out!Print