This incredibly juicy healthy turkey burger is a recipe you will want to make for your next burger night for sure. Packed with super simple ingredients like lean ground turkey, mustard, garlic and parsley all mixed into these perfect little burgers that you and your family will love. Gluten free and ready in under 20 minutes!
We love a good burger night in our house (we are all about the themes) and this healthy turkey burger stole the show the last time I made it. I also made this recipe for New Years Eve and everyone raved about them. Even the ground turkey averse people who are only into beef burgers loved these.
They are just so moist and juicy and packed with tons of flavor by combining some amazing ingredients that you provably already have.
Plus these turkey burgers can be made in less than 20 minutes which is great for busy weeknights.
Why you will love this recipe
- It is so flavorful and juicy
- A wonderful burger recipe for busy weeknight dinners
- You can make it in under 20 minutes
- It is gluten free!
- This burger recipe is one that everyone will just love!
What makes these turkey burgers healthy?
These burgers are healthier then regular burgers because I used ground turkey instead of ground beef since it lower in saturated fat. I also used gluten free breadcrumbs and low calorie flavor enhancers like ketchup, dijon mustard, parsley, salt and pepper which alll add a ton of flavor without any added fat and calories.
Ingredients needed to make this Healthy turkey burger recipe
How to make a healthy turkey burger
You can make this amazing turkey burger in under 20 minutes in only a few simple steps. Then pile on the toppings and veggies.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix to fully combine. You can use your hands or a rubber spatula to mix it. I find that using your hands works best.
- Form the burger mixture into 4 even size patties.
- Cook the burgers. Heat up a cast iron grill pan or heavy bottomed pan with a drizzle of olive oil to medium heat and place the burgers in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the internal temperature of the burgers reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and place them between two buns topped with your favorite toppings (see burger topping suggestions below).
Building and topping the burger is the best part! I used gluten free burger buns that I topped with a few black and white sesame seeds plus a little herb mayo (mayo mixed with lemon juice, dried parsley, salt and pepper), fresh lettuce, tomato and red onion. So good!
My family literally goes crazy for these and we make them at least once a week since they are so easy. I love burgers because you can customise the toppings and bread or simply enjoy on top of a big heathy salad for a lower carb option.
Also, this burger is gluten free but if you do not need to keep it gluten free you can use regular breadcrumbs and enjoy it on a regular bun.
What toppings can you use for healthy turkey burgers?
- Dijon or yellow mustard
- Red onion
- Banana peppers
- Roasted red bell peppers
Expert tips for making amazing turkey burgers at home
- Use good quality ground turkey that is not too lean. I used 93/7 organic ground turkey. If it is too lean then the burger won’t be as juicy.
- Dijon mustard instead of yellow mustard in the turkey mixture will give it more flavor.
- Don’t over mix the burger mixture or the burgers will turn out too tough. Just mix it enough with your hands to incorporate all of the ingredients together.
- Score the burger mixture with your hand before forming the patties to ensure they are even in size. You can also use a food scale and measure the burgers into 4 oz portions before forming them.
- Use a cast iron pan if you have one. I used a cast iron grill pan, which is an amazing pan that you should buy if you don’t have one already. If you don’t have a cast iron pan them any heavy bottomed pan will work or you can use an indoor grill if you have one. Make sure you brush the pan with olive oil so the burgers do not stick to the pan.
- To store these turkey burgers. After you cook them, let them cool completely then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Here are some other easy recipes using ground turkey that you may also love!
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love the hear how yours turned out!Print