Asparagus season is here and this super easy Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is a recipe you will want to make asap. This incredible vegetable is everywhere right now and is so colourful and packed with loads of nutrition and health benefits. You need to get some.
Vibrant asparagus seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan and roasted until tender and slightly crispy. Top it off with a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice and red pepper flakes and it is one perfect side dish. You can also make it in under 15 minutes so that’s a win for all of us busy mom’s right?
I just love this recipe because of it’s simplicity as well as the fact that roasting the asparagus really brings out it’s amazing flavor and color. Plus kids love to eat it since it is slightly funny looking and interesting to them.
Is asparagus good for you?
Asparagus is a hearty green or purple vegetable that is anti-inflammatory, low in calories, loaded with folic acid, potassium, Vitamins A, B and C and more. It is actually one of the most well-balanced veggies you can eat!
Asparagus is also a great source of antioxidants and is great for weight loss since it is very low in calories at around 20 calories per serving.
You can enjoy asparagus in a few ways such as roasted in the oven like in this recipe, in Creamy Asparagus Soup or in a Mushroom Asparagus Quiche. You can also thinly shave Asparagus and add it as a topping on sandwiches or in salads.
Read more about the health benefits of asparagus here.
How to store asparagus
To store asparagus, trim the ends and place it into a jar filled with about 1 inch of water. Loosely cover the top with a plastic bag. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Why you will love this recipe
- Very easy to make
- Ready in less than 15 minutes!
- Packed with flavor and nutrition
- Fresh and vibrant
- Super simple side dish that goes with almost any meal
- Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make this recipe
You can make this parmesan roasted asparagus recipe easily in less than 15 minutes using only a few simple ingredients.
- Prep the asparagus. Rinse and dry the asparagus on some paper towels then trim the ends to remove the woodsy part of the stems. To do this, simply pile the asparagus up and use a sharp kitchen knife to chop off the thick ends about an inch or so from the bottom.
- Season. Place the asparagus spears in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle them with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss them to coat them all. Then sprinkle some of the parmesan cheese all over them.
- Roast. Cook it in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 10 minutes, until it is fork tender.
- Serve. Once the asparagus is done cooking, remove it from the oven and sprinkle it with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes. So good!
What to serve with this parmesan roasted asparagus
- This asparagus goes great with other veggie dishes like this Healthy Eggplant Parmesan or this Portobello Mushroom Parmesan.
- Serve it with some delicious protein packed dishes like this Chicken Pizza Bake or this Healthy Turkey Meatloaf.
- Enjoy it as a side dish with some lasagna like this Butternut Squash Spinach Lasagna, this Vegetarian Pumpkin Lasagna or these amazing Spinach Lasagna Rolls-Ups.
More healthy side dishes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Simple Sautéed Spinach
- Easy Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted beets
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- Select asparagus that is firm and bright green with little to no blemishes.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus by slicing them off using a kitchen knife about 1 inch from the bottom of the spears. I recommend not doing it by hand since it takes much longer and may compromise the flavour of the asparagus.
- Make sure the asparagus is nice and dry before trimming it and placing it onto the baking sheet.
- To cook this asparagus in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook the asparagus for 7 minutes. Remove and toss the asparagus with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Watch it while it cooks so it does’t overcook. When it is fork tender then it is done.
- To store this cooked Asparagus, let it cool completely then place it into an airtight container and store it for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Low-Calorie.
* I hope you try this recipe. If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print