This healthy Air Fryer Roasted Chicken and Vegetables makes a super simple and nutritious meal that you can make in 15 minutes that your whole family will enjoy. It is loaded with veggies and protein and packed with so much flavor.
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables has become a go to meal for me to make when I am super busy and have no plan for dinner. I usually make it in the oven but I am now obsessed with making it in the air fryer.
Why? Because it comes together so fast and easy that I can make it in advance and enjoy it for a few meals during the week. The chicken and veggies come out so juicy and tender and the flavor is simply incredible.
This is literally the best way to cook chicken and vegetables together for a complete meal since it totally brings out the amazing flavors of both the chicken and the veggies and it is ready in 10 minutes!
Out of chicken? Try this easy 10 minute air fryer chicken sausage and veggies recipe.
Why you will love this recipe
- The easiest and quickest way to cook roasted chicken and vegetables
- Simple and colourful recipe that is kid-friendly
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Delicious low-carb meal
- Packed with both protein and veggies
- So much flavor!
What veggies are best for cooking in the air fryer?
Almost all vegetables can be cooked in the air fryer but the best veggies that I have found that work well in this type of air fryer recipe are: zucchini, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and yellow squash.
Potatoes also cook great in the air fryer but they take a little bit longer to cook than other veggies so I suggest cooking them separately. Try these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges or these Crispy Sweet Potato Chips.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer roasted chicken and vegetables
How to make roasted chicken and vegetables in the air fryer
- Prep the veggies and chicken. Cut the chicken and vegetables into 1-inch pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken and veggies. Pour the olive oil over the veggies and lightly toss to coat. Mix up the seasoning with some salt and pepper and sprinkle that over the veggies and chicken and mix to fully coat everything in the seasoning.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour half of the chicken and veggie mixture into the bottom of the air fryer basket in an even layer. Close the basket and cook for 10 minutes, flipping the chicken and veggies lightly in the basket halfway through the cooking time. Repeat with the remaining chicken and veggies.
- Serve. This is best if eaten hot right out of the air fryer. You can also make this in advance and reheat it in the air fryer at 380 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
The chicken comes out so juicy and is so flavourful and the veggies are perfectly tender and so good. Trust me, the first time I tried this I was really blown away at how incredible it was in only 10 minutes of cooking.
This roasted chicken and vegetables recipe is a game changer for sure and is an amazing stand in for sheet pan chicken and veggies if you are short on time and need a nutritious meal that is fast and delicious.
What type of chicken is best in this recipe?
The best type of chicken to use is either chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast. I have tried both types of chicken and both worked out great! You want to make sure to use boneless chicken so it is easier to cut into pieces for quicker cooking. You also want to make sure to rinse and pat the chicken dry before cutting it up.
Can I make this in the oven?
Yes, cooking roasted chicken and vegetables in the air fryer is a much faster and easier process but you can get the same result by cooking them in the oven.
To make this recipe in the oven, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour the seasoned chicken and veggies onto the baking sheet in an even layer and spread them out end to end on the pan.
Roast the chicken and vegetables in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges of the chicken are nice and golden brown and the veggies are soft and slightly charred around the edges.
Do I need to use oil in this recipe?
The oil in this recipe really helps get the chicken nice and crispy around the edges and helps to keep it moist on the inside and also allow the seasoning to stick to both the chicken and the vegetables. This recipe only has 2 tablespoons of oil in it which is not much when you only eat one serving.
Although, if you are watching how much oil you use in your recipes, then you can make this recipe oil-free but it will yield slightly different results. If you are making this recipe without oil then I suggest spraying the chicken and vegetables with olive oil spray before adding the seasoning so that the seasoning will stick to them better and still result in flavorful crispy chicken and tender vegetables.
More air fryer chicken recipes to try
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich – Skinnytaste
Expert Tips for making roasted chicken and vegetables
- Cut the chicken and vegetables in 1-inch pieces so they all cook evenly within the same amount of time.
- You can use a variety of vegetables like I did in this recipe or all of the same vegetables such as all zucchini or all peppers. I used about 5 cups of chopped vegetables in total.
- Mix up the seasoning before adding it to the chicken and veggies so that everything is seasoned evenly. This is key for pretty much most recipes and makes all of the difference.
- Shake the chicken and vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure they all get nice and crispy and cooked well on all sides.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print