Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
This easy Air Fryer Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is a flavorful and nutritious meal that you can make in 15 minutes that your whole family will enjoy. It is loaded with veggies and protein and packed with so much flavor. Low-carb and gluten-free!
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables have become a go-to meal for me to make when I am super busy and have no plan for dinner. I usually make it in the oven but I am now obsessed with making it in the air fryer.
Why? Because it comes together so fast and easily that I can make it in advance and enjoy it for a few easy meals during the week. The chicken and vegetables come out perfectly juicy and tender and the flavor is simply incredible.
Similar to these other quick and easy recipes like sheet pan chicken sausage and veggies, chicken fajitas, or these air fryer vegetables that are a great vegetarian version to this recipe.
Out of chicken? Try this easy 10-minute air fryer chicken sausage and veggies recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The easiest and quickest way to cook roasted chicken and vegetables.
- A simple and colorful recipe that is kid-friendly.
- Easy 15 minutes dinner!
- Delicious low-carb meal.
- Packed with both protein and veggies.
- So much flavor!
Ingredients needed to make air fryer roasted chicken and vegetables
- Chicken breast – I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Mushrooms – baby Bella or button mushrooms are fine.
- Bell peppers – I used a combination of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers for color but any combination will work!
- Zucchini -or yellow squash.
- Purple onion – you can also use yellow or white onion.
- Spices – I used Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil.
- Salt and pepper – used to enhance all of the flavors.
How to make roasted chicken and vegetables in the air fryer
*Be sure to check out the complete list of recipe ingredients and instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Prep the veggies and chicken. Cut the chicken and vegetables into 1-inch pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken and veggies. Pour the olive oil over the veggies and lightly toss to coat. Mix up the seasoning with some salt and pepper and sprinkle that over the veggies and chicken and mix to fully coat everything in the seasoning.
- Cook. Working in batches, pour half of the chicken and veggies mixture into a preheated air fryer in an even layer and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve. Enjoy right away topped with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or basil.
- Switch up the veggies and try Brussel Sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans in this recipe.
- Change up the spices and use cajun seasoning, fajita seasoning, or even taco seasoning. They would all work great!
- Use shrimp or pork – if using shrimp I would leave the tails on and make sure to rinse and dry it before seasoning it. If you use pork then chopped pork tenderloin would work great and will cook around the same time as the chicken.
Expert Tips for making roasted chicken and vegetables
- Cut the chicken and vegetables into 1-inch pieces so they all cook evenly within the same amount of time.
- Mix up the seasoning before adding it to the chicken and veggies so that everything is seasoned evenly.
- Shake the chicken and vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure they all get nice and crispy and are cooked well on all sides.
- Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. This takes around 10 minutes.
The air fryer chicken comes out so juicy and is so flavorful and the veggies are perfectly tender and so good.
This roasted chicken and vegetables recipe is a game changer for sure and is an amazing stand-in for sheet pan chicken and veggies if you are short on time and need a nutritious meal that is fast and delicious.
What type of chicken is best in this recipe?
The best type of chicken to use is either boneless chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast. I have tried both types of chicken and both worked out great! You want to make sure to use boneless chicken so it is easier to cut into pieces for quicker cooking.
Can I use different vegetables?
Almost all vegetables can be cooked in the air fryer but the best veggies that I have found that work well in this type of air fryer recipe are:
- bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- green beans
- butternut squash
- yellow squash.
Can I make this in the oven Instead?
Yes, cooking roasted chicken and vegetables in the air fryer is a much faster and easier process but you can get the same result by cooking them in the oven. To make this recipe in the oven:
- Prepare and season the chicken and vegetables as directed in this recipe.
- Roast them on a lined baking sheet in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Do I need to use oil in this recipe?
The oil in this recipe really helps get the chicken nice and crispy around the edges and helps to keep it moist on the inside and also allows the seasoning to stick to both the chicken and the vegetables. This recipe only has 2 tablespoons of oil in it which is not much when you only eat one serving. To use less oil, you can use a few spritzes of olive oil spray instead.
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prep but you can also make it ahead of time and then cook it when you are ready to serve it.
To make it ahead: Cut the veggies and keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. You can also cut the chicken breast and keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before you cook it.
When you are ready to make the chicken and veggies just combine them, season, and air fry until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, which takes about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Storing and reheating
- To store: you can store the cooked chicken and vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: easily reheat portions in the microwave until warmed through or right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
More air fryer chicken recipes to try
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- 15-Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Questions? Leave a comment below!
Like this recipe? Leave a comment below!
Made this recipe? Comment and leave a rating below!
If you happen to snap a photo then please share it with me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.Print
10 Minute Roasted Chicken and Vegetables – Air Fryer Recipe
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This easy air fryer chicken and vegetables is a flavorful and nutritious dinner that you can make in 15 minutes. A low-carb, healthy meal everyone will love!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped zucchini – cut into 1-inch half moons
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 cups chopped baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped purple onion – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix up the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a separate small mixing bowl.
- Pour the oil over the veggies and chicken and toss to coat everything in the oil. Then pour the spice blend over everything and toss well to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray and then working in batches add half of the chicken and vegetable mixture to the bottom of the air fryer basket in an even layer. It is okay if some of the chicken and veggies are overlapping.
- Close the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time. Continue until you have cooked all of the chicken and vegetables. You will know the chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove and serve hot, topped with dried or fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Veggies: you can use any quick-cooking veggies you like in this recipe. Some possible variations are chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or green beans. Note: If you would like to add potatoes then season and cook them in the air fryer for 10 minutes before you add the rest of the chicken and veggies.
- Seasoning: use different seasonings such as taco seasoning, cajun seasoning, basil, oregano, cumin, or paprika. Note: If you are using a seasoning blend then you may need to adjust the salt in this recipe.
- Storing: you can store the cooked chicken and vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: easily reheat portions in the microwave until warmed through or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer roasted chicken and vegetables, air fryer chicken and veggies, chicken, dinner, easy, veggies
Made this today for lunch and it is AMAZING!! So much flavor and my favorite veggies. This is going on my weekly list.
Absolutely amazing! My husband and I were blown away! Thank you!
This was so easy and SO good! The fact it was so healthy, low carb, high protein…. I’m going to share this one and make it often!
Thank you Cindi! I am so glad you enjoyed it.
Fabulously delish. I had a Turkey Tenderloin in the freezer and used it. My husband loved it. Thank you!
Hi Karen, I am so glad you both liked it. It is one of my favorite recipes.
Love this recipe!! I’m not a cook, hate it! And husband doesn’t like veges. He loves this. I now will make this a lot!!
Hi Lori, I am so glad you liked it!
Hello, have you tried this with frozen veggies? Does the time change on it? New Air fryer owner here and just learning the basics.
Hi Cathy, I haven’t tried this with frozen veggies but you can cook veggies straight from the freezer in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. I bet it would work! Please let me know how it turns out!
Have you made this with white onion? Or do you prefer purple onion?
Hi Perrie, you can use white onion.
Looks delicious! My air fryer isn’t big enough, and I’m tempted to try in the oven.
Hi Chloe, you can make this in the oven on a sheet pan. I would cook it at around 425 degrees until the chicken is cooked through. I am going to work on a sheet pan version. Thank you for your comment.
I made this recipe for the first time tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I love that it seems so customizable. I omitted the chili powder (just a personal preference) and only used 1/2 tsp of kosher salt and it was perfectly seasoned for my family’s taste. The batches took about 15-20 minutes each for my chicken to get done, but that allowed the veggies get a nice char. I’ve tried similar recipes in the oven and it seems like everything gets done at different times, but this air fryer recipe turned out perfect! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!
Thank you Kameryn, I am so glad you enjoyed it!
I made this tonight using turkey tenderloin and yellow summer squash – tried to cut the recipe in half, but ended up with so many veggies (only 8 ozs of turkey) that I used all of the additional spices required. WE LOVED IT! I have enough left for another dinner tomorrow night, and I think I can reheat it in the microwave and add some garlic bread to fill out the meal. Thanks so much for this recipe – it’s a keeper!!!!!
Hi Nancy, I am so glad you enjoyed it!
This was a great dish! I used chicken tenders because that was available. Turned out very tender and flavorful. And healthy!
Thank you Pam! I am so glad you liked it!
This was SUCH a good dinner! Even the kids loved it, we’ll definitely be making it more often. Thank you!
Thank you Michelle! I am so glad your family enjoyed it!
I made this tonight. I was initially concerned about mixing raw chicken with the veggies, but it cooked thoroughly and evenly in the air fryer. It’s a keeper for me!
Hi Carol, I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Fantastic this is so delicious and 4.5 carbohydrates in a cup that’s it great for diet dinner meals.
Thank you Debbie! Yes this recipe has great macros. I am so glad you liked it!
Absolutely delicious!!! Is there nutritional info with the recipe you provided?
Thank you Nivia! The nutritional information can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Very tasty! I added asparagus as well as red peppers.
I served it with cauliflower gnocchi
I think when I make it again, I’ll marinate the chicken in Italian dressing to give it a little more flavor .
Otherwise, a nice quick and healthy meal!
Thank you, Yvonne! I am so glad you liked it!
Wow! This is outstanding. I added in frozen tater tots for a starch, and some grated parm instead of chili powder, just to make it for my 7yo. Thank you! So good.
Hi Heidi, I am so glad you liked it. Great ideas to adjust it for kids. I am going to try that!
Is this something you could make as a freezer meal??
Hi Kasey, you probably can freeze this after it’s cooked in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 30 days, defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in an air fryer until warmed through. Although, I have not tested that out yet.
So yummy! The seasoning is amazing! Definitely will make again
Hi Carrie, I am so glad you liked it!
This was so good. Great way to get veggies in!
Thank you, Stephanie! I am so glad you liked it.
Delicious super quick healthy dinner! Love it!
Thank you, Adriana! I am so happy you liked it.
Fantastic recipe! I will be making it again
Thank you, Linda! I am so glad you liked it!