This easy Air Fryer Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is a flavorful and nutritious meal that you can make in 15 minutes that your whole family will enjoy. It is loaded with veggies and protein and packed with so much flavor. Low-carb and gluten-free!
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables have become a go-to meal for me to make when I am super busy and have no plan for dinner. I usually make it in the oven but I am now obsessed with making it in the air fryer.
Why? Because it comes together so fast and easily that I can make it in advance and enjoy it for a few easy meals during the week. The chicken and veggies come out perfectly juicy and tender and the flavor is simply incredible.
Out of chicken? Try this easy 10-minute air fryer chicken sausage and veggies recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The easiest and quickest way to cook roasted chicken and vegetables.
- A simple and colorful recipe that is kid-friendly.
- Easy 15 minutes dinner!
- Delicious low-carb meal
- Packed with both protein and veggies
- So much flavor!
Ingredients needed to make air fryer roasted chicken and vegetables
- Chicken breast – I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Mushrooms – baby Bella or button mushrooms are fine.
- Bell peppers – any colors will work.
- Zucchini -or yellow squash.
- Purple onion – you can also use yellow or white onion.
- Spices – I used Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil.
- Salt and pepper – to enhance all of the flavors.
How to make roasted chicken and vegetables in the air fryer
- Prep the veggies and chicken. Cut the chicken and vegetables into 1-inch pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken and veggies. Pour the olive oil over the veggies and lightly toss to coat. Mix up the seasoning with some salt and pepper and sprinkle that over the veggies and chicken and mix to fully coat everything in the seasoning.
- Cook. Working in batches, pour half of the chicken and veggies mixture into a preheated air fryer in an even layer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve. Enjoy right away topped with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or basil.
- Switch up the veggies and try Brussel Sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans in this recipe.
- Change up the spices and use a cajun seasoning, fajita seasoning, or even taco seasoning. They would all work great!
- Use shrimp or pork – if using shrimp I would leave the tails on and make sure to rinse and dry it before seasoning it. If you use pork then chopped pork tenderloin would work great and will cook around the same time as the chicken.
The air fryer chicken comes out so juicy and is so flavourful and the veggies are perfectly tender and so good.
This roasted chicken and vegetable recipe is a game changer for sure and is an amazing stand-in for sheet pan chicken and veggies if you are short on time and need a nutritious meal that is fast and delicious.
What type of chicken is best in this recipe?
The best type of chicken to use is either chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast. I have tried both types of chicken and both worked out great! You want to make sure to use boneless chicken so it is easier to cut into pieces for quicker cooking.
Can I use different vegetables?
- bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- green beans
- butternut squash
- yellow squash.
Can I make this in the oven Instead?
Yes, cooking chicken and vegetables in the air fryer is a much faster and easier process but you can get the same result by cooking them in the oven. To make this recipe in the oven:
- Prepare and season the chicken and vegetables as directed in this recipe.
- Roast them on a lined baking sheet in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Do I need to use oil in this recipe?
The oil in this recipe really helps get the chicken nice and crispy around the edges and helps to keep it moist on the inside and also allows the seasoning to stick to both the chicken and the vegetables. This recipe only has 2 tablespoons of oil in it which is not much when you only eat one serving. To use less oil, you can use a few spritzes of olive oil spray instead.
More air fryer chicken recipes to try
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- 15-Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich – Skinnytaste
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
Expert Tips for making roasted chicken and vegetables
- Cut the chicken and vegetables into 1-inch pieces so they all cook evenly within the same amount of time.
- Mix up the seasoning before adding it to the chicken and veggies so that everything is seasoned evenly.
- Shake the chicken and vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure they all get nice and crispy and are cooked well on all sides.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you! If you happen to snap a photo then please share it with me on Instagram!Print