Delicious Mini Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche! Cheesy eggs filled with steamed broccoli and baked until fluffy and delicious. Low-calorie, vegetarian, 4-ingredients and so easy to make! One of the best meal-prep recipes! Great for a healthy breakfast any day of the week!
I LOVE the combo of Broccoli and Cheddar in any form I can get it in, and these Mini Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche are my new favorite thing! For some reason, I have been obsessed with “mini” anything as well and making foods that can be eaten in single serving size little packages. I think it’s because food is just so cute when it is presented in a mini or single size version.
Well, these are just that. Mini size little quiches, filled with eggs, steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese. Low-calorie, high in protein and so good! I have to thank my mom for this recipe idea since she recently requested a broccoli cheddar quiche recipe.
We are also loving these Veggie Egg White Bites for busy weekday mornings.
What to expect from these crustless mini quiches
- Meal prep friendly
- Delicious and cheesy
- Healthy and packed with protein
- Simple and easy to make
Ingredients needed to make broccoli cheddar quiche
How to make Mini Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Start with steaming the broccoli – the only way my kids will eat it! Add broccoli florets to a medium-size pot, cover with water, then bring to a boil on the stovetop, cover and simmer for a few minutes until the broccoli is slightly tender. Drain and chop. Expert Tip: You can also use a steamer basket. Just fill the pot with water up to about 1-2 inches, place the steamer basket on top of the water, add in the broccoli, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then drain.
2. Then spray the muffin cups with cooking spray and fill the muffin cups with the chopped broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Whisk up the eggs with a splash of milk and pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full. This recipe will make 12-15 mini quiche, depending on the size of muffin pan you use. I used a standard 12-cup muffin pan and it made exactly 12.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 17-20 minutes. They get so light and fluffy and can be stored for up to 4 days!
Pretty amazing and these are so nutritious! They make a perfect healthy meal or quick snack any day of the week. A great meal prep recipe as well!
Recipe tips and variations
- You can use egg whites or half egg whites to cut the fat down.
- Sub in any veggies you have just make sure not to overfill the muffin tins. You want to use cooked veggies and not raw.
- If you prefer to use mozzarella cheese, goat cheese or feta cheese then go for it and skip the cheddar! You could also omit the cheese altogether if you cannot tolerate the extra dairy or are trying to cut the fat down even more and they would still be delicious.
- Make this egg-free or even vegan-friendly: If you don’t eat eggs then you could sub in chickpea flour mixed with water in place of the eggs. Just mix one cup of chickpea flour with one cup of water and a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and you can enjoy these as egg-free mini quiche cups. Add a little turmeric to get that egg-like golden color.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do, then please leave a comment and rating below.Print