Do you love making delicious, homemade pizza? Make it easier by using fluffy, golden naan bread as the crust in this naan pizza recipe for a 10-minute healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
This naan pizza is a quicker, simpler version of your favorite flatbread pizza but made even faster. It starts with fluffy, golden-baked naan bread as the base of the pizza topped with your favorite toppings, and baked until the cheese is perfectly melty and golden.
The use of naan bread as the crust of your pizza turns it into a simple but still hearty meal that is comforting, and tasty. It makes for the perfect personal-size pizzas for pizza night that the whole family will love!
You can even make your own homemade naan bread or buy your favorite brand at almost any grocery store.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – ready in 10 minutes.
- Healthy and delicious – personal-size pizzas topped with any toppings you desire.
- The perfect recipe for family pizza night!
- Easily made gluten-free or dairy-free! See below for substitutions.
Naan Pizza Ingredients
- Naan bread – as mentioned above you can make your own naan bread or purchase some at almost any grocery store. I really like the Stonefire and BFree brands.
- Tomato sauce – use any sauce you like, pizza sauce is great, or make your own homemade sauce in advance and have it ready to go!
- Pizza seasoning – a combination of dried oregano, dried basil, and garlic powder gives this pizza that pizza house flavor right at home.
- Shredded cheese – Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese is great in this recipe. Shredded manchego cheese or goat cheese also works.
How to make naan pizza
This naan pizza recipe is so simple, that even the kids could make it themselves (well the older kids anyways). All you need to do is pre-bake the bread, top it with your favorite pizza toppings, and bake it until the cheese is perfectly golden and melty. The whole thing takes less than 10 minutes, which is amazing!
- Pre-bake the naan – place the naan bread on a baking sheet, brush or spray with olive oil for an extra crispy crust, add the pizza seasoning (oregano, basil, garlic powder), and bake it for a few minutes until golden.
- Assemble the rest of the ingredients – you will need your favorite tomato sauce, desired toppings, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. Note: I kept this version simple as a classic cheese pizza.
- Top and bake the pizza – top the naan with a nice layer of the sauce, then spread a generous portion of the shredded cheese all over the top in an even layer and bake the pizzas for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges are crisp and golden.
- Serve – let the pizza cool for a few minutes then slice and serve.
Naan Pizza Topping Ideas
The fun part about making this naan pizza is all of the toppings you can add. You can mix it up based on your taste and what you have on hand, which is great. Just make sure not to overload the pizzas with too many toppings since the crust is more like a flatbread-style pizza with a thinner crust.
- Italian – give it a nice Italian spin and use pesto sauce in place of the tomato sauce and slices of mozzarella. You could also top the pizzas with fresh basil leaves.
- Mediterranean – go Mediterranean style by adding toppings like sliced olives, spinach, and feta cheese. Yum!
- Mexican – to add some Mexican flare to the pizza, sprinkle the naan bread with some taco seasoning and top it with taco-seasoned cooked ground meat, roasted corn and peppers, and shredded Mexican cheese.
- Roasted veggie pizza – top the pizzas with your favorite roasted veggies and some cheese like crumbled goat cheese for a hearty vegetarian pizza.
Substitutions and Variations
- Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free naan bread. You can make your own naan or use a store-bought version if you can find one. BFREE brand is the only one I have found.
- Dairy-free naan pizza – for a dairy-free version of this recipe using your favorite dairy-free shredded cheese.
- Pita pizza – you can use pita bread in place of naan bread. I know, then it wouldn’t be naan pizza but trust me, this recipe also works with pita bread for making pita bread pizza. It doesn’t get as firm but it still works great in a pinch.
Storing and reheating tips
This naan pizza is best if eaten right away but you can also store leftovers and reheat them if needed.
- To store: let the pizzas cool completely, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat: easily reheat on a baking sheet in the oven at 375 degrees F until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are golden and firm again.
Why Is My Naan Bread Soggy?
There are a few reasons your naan bread turned out soggier rather than firm and crispy.
- You skipped the pre-bake step – it is important to pre-bake the naan before adding the toppings so it gets firm and golden before you load it up with toppings.
- You added too much sauce – a thin layer of sauce is all you need so make sure not to add too much.
- Too many toppings – a thin layer of your toppings should be enough since this is more of a flatbread-style pizza recipe.
More healthy pizza recipes
Here is some more healthy and easy pizza recipes you may also want to try.
- Chickpea Flour Pizza – Gluten-Free
- Chicken Pesto Pizza – Gluten-Free
- Zucchini Pizza Boats – Gluten-Free + Low Carb
- Chicken Pizza Bake – Gluten-Free + Low Carb
Did you try this Naan Pizza recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print