Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin is juicy, flavorful, and quickly cooks in the air fryer without heating up the oven. It’s a low-carb, lean protein that reheats beautifully and pairs great with your favorite side dishes or stuffed for a fancy meal.
This Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe is one of my go-to proteins for an easy weeknight dinner. When you air fry pork tenderloin it results in a fantastically crispy juicy pork tenderloin that absorbs any dry rub seasoning you apply to it creating a delicious savory flavor!
This is because the air fryer allows you to cook it at a high temperature without causing it to dry out, making it the most flavorful pork tenderloin recipe you will ever make.
What is pork tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is one of the best cuts of pork. It is a low-carb, lean cut of meat that is a different cut of meat from a pork roast since it doesn’t contain any bones! It is basically the filet mignon of pork since it is a small size but packed with so much flavor! Making it ideal for those on a low-calorie diet.
Cooking it in the air fryer is a great way to cook it perfectly every time! It is going to become one of your favorite recipes.
You may also love this air fryer pork loin recipe that is just as quick and easy!
Ingredients for air fryer pork tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin – Buy pork tenderloin, not pork loin, since they are different cuts of meat. Tenderloin is thinner, weighs 1-1.5 lbs, and is around 3 inches wide. Pork loin roast is thicker, wider, and weighs 1.5-3 lbs, taking longer to cook. You can find pork tenderloin at most grocery stores.
- Olive oil – this helps the seasoning stick to the pork and helps it get that nice crispy outer layer. To keep the calories even lower you can use olive oil cooking spray.
- Seasoning mix – you can use any pork seasoning you like in this recipe. I used a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Chili Powder, kosher salt, and black pepper.
How to prepare pork tenderloin
Since pork tenderloin is a leaner cut of meat, it doesn’t require much prep work.
Most of the time, it will have what is called a “silver skin” on top of it that should be removed since it is tough. The easiest way to do this is to use a sharp knife to cut it off. Simply use your knife to slice through it to cut it off, then discard it. You can also remove any excess fat on the pork tenderloin if you want.
How to make air fryer pork tenderloin
Cooking pork tenderloin in the air fryer takes less than 20 minutes and makes an impressive meal to serve to guests.
*Be sure to check out the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the free printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Season. Mix up the seasoning in a small bowl. Dry the pork tenderloin on clean paper towels then rub the outside of the pork all over with oil. Sprinkle and rub the seasoning all over it on all sides.
- Cook. Place pork tenderloin into the air fryer basket (preheated if needed) and cook it for about 18 minutes until the outside is golden brown and the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees F (you can check this using an instant-read thermometer). Per the recipe card below.
- Serve. Once it is done, remove it from the air-fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Pro tip! Cook time will vary so make sure to check the pork tenderloin at around 16-17 minutes. You want to cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. You can check the temperature using a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloin.
This pork tenderloin recipe has so much flavor and makes the best easy meal you can have on the table in no time!
Here are some tips for perfectly air-frying pork tenderloin the best way every time!
- Make sure to select a pork tenderloin that will fit in your air fryer. This recipe uses a 1.25 lb pork tenderloin to fit into the air fryer. If you use a larger or smaller piece of meat then you will need to adjust the cooking time. If your pork tenderloin is too big to fit your air fryer then you can cut it in half, the cooking time should be the same.
- Dry the pork really well with a clean paper towel since dry pork will hold the seasoning better. This a great tip if this is your first time cooking pork in the air fryer.
- Make sure to season it well. Season the pork tenderloin well with the oil and spice rub for the best flavor.
- Flip it over halfway through cooking to make sure it gets nice and crispy on all sides.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the meat to make sure it is done cooking. This is very important since it is a leaner piece of meat and could overcook easily. You can check the temperature by inserting the thermometer into the widest section (usually the middle) of the pork.
- Let it rest. You will want to let the tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing it into beautiful pork medallions. This allows the juices to redistribute in the meat, which makes it succulent and delicious.
Variations to this recipe
- Switch up the seasoning blend and use any blend you like.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to the seasoning for a tangy flavor with a touch of sweetness.
- For a sweeter crust on the pork, add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to the dry rub seasoning.
Ways to serve this easy pork tenderloin
While the pork tenderloin is cooking in the air fryer you can easily whip up some delicious side dishes to serve with it for the best easy dinner. Here are some of my favorite delicious recipes to serve with it!
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots or Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans.
- Oven Roasted Broccoli or some Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – healthy and easy
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes, Air Fryer Crispy Smashed Potatoes, or some Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots – delicious and kid-friendly.
- Kale and Quinoa Salad, or a Brussels Sprouts Salad.
- Homemade cranberry sauce
Storing and reheating instructions
- Storing: Leftover pork can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat portions in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
Ways to use leftovers
You can heat up any leftovers as noted above and slice them to serve as a protein on healthy salads or make some pork fajitas!
Can you cook frozen pork tenderloin in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen pork tenderloin in the air fryer but it will not absorb the seasoning as well and will take longer to cook than thawed pork tenderloin. It is important to note that cooking frozen meat in an air fryer may result in uneven cooking, so it is recommended to thaw the pork tenderloin first for best results.
If you do decide to cook it from frozen, it is recommended to add an additional 5-10 minutes of cooking time and use a meat thermometer to ensure that it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
More healthy air fryer recipes to try
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Ground Chicken Meatballs
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 10 Minute Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Check out all of my easy air-frying recipes on PMG!Print