This Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin is perfectly seared on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside thanks to the Air Fryer. You can make it in 20 minutes for a quick and easy meal any day of the week.
Perfectly juicy Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
This is the easiest and most foolproof way to cook pork tenderloin that comes out incredibly browned and seasoned with a wonderful juicy, tender center. Using the air fryer to cook this incredible piece of meat is the best method thanks to the ability to cook it at a high heat for a short period of time.
It is quite possibly as excellent as this Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast that is equally as easy and delicious.
This easy pork tenderloin will never come out dry and is seasoned with an amazing dry rub made up of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Chili Powder, salt and pepper.
How long to cook pork tenderloin in the air fryer
Due to the structure of the air fryer, this recipe is mostly hands off except for preparing the meat. All you have to do once the meat is ready is place the pork tenderloin into the air fryer and let the machine do all of the work for you.
It cooks in about 20 minutes, maybe longer for a larger cut of meat. You only have to flip it once halfway through the cooking time if you want it to be perfectly browned on all sides. Once you remove it you want to let it rest for at least 10 minutes before you slice and serve it.
How to make sure your pork tenderloin is perfectly cooked
Air Fryers vary and so do the cooking times as well as the size of the meat you are using. For the best results you should check the meat while it is cooking to ensure you do not overcook it. Then remove it from the air fryer once the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, which you can check by using a meat thermometer.
Using my air fryer, it took about 17 minutes to cook a 1.25lb pork tenderloin.
What Ingredients will I need to make this air fryer pork tenderloin?
What is the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin?
The biggest difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin is that they are different cuts of meat.
Pork loin is a much wider and flatter piece of meat that can be cooked boneless or bone in. It tends to be slightly fattier and is usually better when it is slowly roasted for a longer period of time in the oven.
Pork tenderloin is a much leaner cut of meat that is longer and narrower since it is cut from the muscle of the backbone. Because it is a leaner cut of meat it lends better to being cooked at a higher heat for a shorter period of time. Which makes it a great cut of meat to cook in the air fryer.
How to make pork tenderloin in the air fryer
You can make this very easy pork tenderloin recipe in the air fryer in less than 20 minutes.
- Prep the meat. Dry the pork with a clean paper towel then mix up the dry rub seasoning. Drizzle the pork tenderloin all over with olive oil then rub the seasoning mixture all around the pork tenderloin.
- Cook the pork tenderloin. Place the seasoned piece of meat into the air fryer and cook it for 17-20 minutes at 380 degrees F. The cooking time will depend on what size pork tenderloin you are using. See cooking chart suggestions below in the recipe card.
- Let rest, slice and serve. Once the meat is done, remove it from the air fryer basket and place it onto a rimmed plate or cutting board. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Then slice and serve it.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
What to serve with pork tenderloin
I like to drizzle homemade sauce or gravy over the meat then serve it with some potatoes and peas. Here are some other delicious ways to serve it.
- Serve it alongside some Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots.
- Enjoy it with some Oven Roasted Broccoli or some Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts.
- Have it with some Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes or some Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots.
Storing and reheating
Once you have cooked the pork tenderloin and allowed it to cool completely, you can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can reheat portions in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
More healthy air fryer recipes to try
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Ground Chicken Meatballs
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 10 Minute Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s
- You want to make sure to select a pork tenderloin that fits into your air fryer. I found that a 1.25lb-2.2lb pork tenderloin fits most air fryers.
- Mix up the seasoning and use any blend you like.
- For the best results, use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork tenderloin is cooked perfectly.
- Once the pork tenderloin is done cooking, make sure to let it rest under some tented foil for at leat 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute back into the meat. Then slice it up.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print