Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
This Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin comes out perfectly cooked every time! The pork is wonderfully seasoned giving amazing flavor while still keeping it incredibly juicy and succulent. You are going to love it!
Air fryer pork tenderloin comes out perfectly juicy and flavorful every time! It is amazing how fast it cooks in the air fryer without having to heat up the oven. You can serve it with so many things and it also stores and reheats beautifully, which is why it is one of my go-to proteins.
This pork tenderloin is loaded with so much flavor and comes out deliciously crispy on the outside with a juicy center that is incredible! You can make it quickly for an easy weeknight dinner. Plus, it is low carb and low calorie since pork is a leaner cut of meat.
If you are feeling ambitious then you may want to try this stuffed pork tenderloin recipe that is slightly fancier and another great way to cook tenderloin.
Ingredients for air fryer pork tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin – make sure to buy a pork tenderloin and not a pork loin. You will notice that pork tenderloin is a longer and thinner cut of meat and is usually about 1-1.5 pounds in weight and about 3 inches wide. Whereas pork loin is thicker and wider and usually weighs around 1.5-3 pounds, which means it will take longer to cook.
- Olive oil – this helps the seasoning stick to the pork and helps it get that nice crispy outer layer.
- Seasonings – you can use any pork seasoning you like in this recipe. I used a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Chili Powder, salt, and pepper.
How to prepare pork tenderloin
Since pork tenderloin is a leaner cut of meat, it doesn’t require much prep work.
Most of the time, it will have what is called a “silver skin” on top of it that should be removed since it is tough. All you need to do to remove it is use a sharp kitchen knife to cut it off. Simply use your knife to slice through it to cut it off, then discard it. You can also remove any excess fat on the pork tenderloin if you want.
How to cook pork tenderloin in the air fryer
Pork tenderloin in the air fryer takes less than 20 minutes and makes an impressive meal to serve to guests.
*Be sure to check out the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the free printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Season. Mix up the seasoning in a small bowl. Dry the pork tenderloin then rub it all over with oil. Sprinkle and rub the seasoning all over it on all sides.
- Cook. Place pork tenderloin into the air fryer basket (preheated if needed) and cook it for about 18 minutes. Until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees F (you can check this using a meat thermometer). Per the recipe card below.
- Serve. Once it is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Pro tip! Make sure to check the pork tenderloin at around 16-17 minutes since air fryers vary, which means so do cook times. You want to cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. You can check the temperature using a meat thermometer.
- Make sure to select a pork tenderloin that will fit in your air fryer. This recipe uses a 1.25 lb pork tenderloin to fit into the air fryer. If you use a larger or smaller piece of meat then you will need to adjust the cooking time. If your pork tenderloin is too big to fit your air fryer then you can cut it in half, the cooking time should be the same.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the meat to make sure it is done cooking. This is very important since it is a leaner piece of meat and could overcook easily. You can check the temperature by inserting the thermometer into the widest section (usually the middle) of the pork.
- Make sure to season it well. Season the pork tenderloin well with the oil and spice rub for the best flavor.
- Flip it over halfway through cooking to make sure it gets nice and crispy on all sides.
- Let it rest. You will want to let the tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing it into beautiful pork medallions. This allows the juices to redistribute in the meat, which makes it succulent and delicious.
Ways to serve air fryer pork tenderloin
While the pork tenderloin is cooking in the air fryer you can easily whip up some delicious side dishes to serve with it. Here are some of our favorites!
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – my favorite
- Oven Roasted Broccoli or some Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – healthy and easy
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes, Air Fryer Crispy Smashed Potatoes, or some Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots – delicious and kid-friendly.
- Kale and Quinoa Salad, or a Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Storing and reheating leftovers
- Storing: Once you have cooked this air fryer pork tenderloin and allowed it to cool completely, you can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat portions in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
Ways to use leftovers
You can heat up any leftovers as noted above and slice them to serve as a protein on healthy salads or make some pork fajitas!
More healthy air fryer recipes to try
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Ground Chicken Meatballs
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 10 Minute Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Check out all of my easy air fryer recipes on PMG!
Did you make this air fryer pork tenderloin recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print
Juicy Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Diet: Low Calorie
You can make this perfectly juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin in less than 20 minutes, thanks to the air fryer! It makes dinner super easy and clean-up is a breeze!
- 1 (1.25 -2lb) pork tenderloin – cooking times will vary, see recipe notes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil – you may need more if using a larger piece of pork
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep the tenderloin. Use a sharp kitchen knife to remove the “silver skin” on top of the pork tenderloin. Then use a clean towel to dry it.
- Season. Mix up the seasoning (garlic powder, italian seasoning, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper) in a small bowl. Rub the pork all over with the oil then rub the seasoning all over it on all sides.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F and spray the basket with cooking spray (non-aerosol). Once the air fryer is ready, place the seasoned tenderloin into the air fryer basket and cook it for 17-20 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time. Note: cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. You can check this using a meat thermometer.
- Slice and serve. Once the pork tenderloin is fully cooked, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving it. Serve warm with you favorite easy side dishes.
- Use a pork tenderloin that fits in your air fryer. If it doesn’t fit then you can just cut it in half. The cooking time will still be the same. A 1.25-2 lb. pork tenderloin will fit in most air fryers.
- If you are using a smaller or larger pork tender (I used a 1.25lb pork tenderloin) then the cooking times will need to be adjusted.
- Use an instant meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork to ensure it is done. You want to cook it until it reaches about 145 degrees F in the center. Be careful not to overcook it since it is a leaner cut of meat and can get dry if overcooked. I like to take it out of the air fryer when it is just under 145 degrees F since it will continue to cook for a few minutes while it rests.
- Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving it. It should be slightly light pink in the middle, which is what it should be when perfectly cooked.
- Storing and reheating– store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat portions in the microwave or in the air fryer until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Heathy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer pork tenderloin, pork tenderloin in the air fryer, pork tenderloin recipe, tenderloin
This is delish. My husband gave it a thumbs up! Thanks so much for another great recipe, Amy.
THE best recipe! I followed the instructions and the pork came out perfectly. Thank you!
Thank you Mike! I am so glad you liked it!