These air fryer bagels are so easy to make in under 20 minutes. They are made with only 3 main ingredients and they come out light and fluffy and so delicious. Customize them with any toppings you like or even make them gluten-free!
Simple Homemade Air Fryer Bagels
We love bagels for any meal. They go great with eggs for breakfast, as a sandwich for lunch with some sliced chicken breast, lettuce, and tomato, or as the base for pizza!
It’s wonderful that you can make these bagels in the air fryer in under 20 minutes and enjoy them all week long! In fact, you can even customize them with your favorite bagel toppings or even make them gluten free, which is great!
With this bagel recipe, you are going to mix the flour and yogurt together to form a dough then knead the dough as we did with this naan bread. Then you form the bagels, season them, then air fry them until golden and fluffy. YUM!
Air fryer recipes are so easy especially if you are new to cooking. I hope you try this one out!
Why you will love this healthy bagel recipe
- Quick and easy!
- Only requires 3 main ingredients
- Fluffy and delicious homemade bagels made right in the air fryer.
- Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a healthy snack!
- Yeast free!
Ingredients needed to make Air Fryer Bagels
- Flour – all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Greek yogurt – make sure to use plain greek yogurt. Nonfat, low-fat, or full-fat will all work.
- Baking powder – optional for super fluffy bagels.
- Eggs – you will use the yolk for the egg wash and the egg whites if making this recipe gluten-free. Per the recipe card below.
- Salt – to give the bagels some great flavor.
- Everything bagel seasoning – optional but so good!
How to make air fryer bagels
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt then fold in the yogurt and mix to form the dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll it into a ball. Section the dough into 4 even pieces and roll each out into 5-6 inch long pieces and pinch the ends together.
- Brush with egg wash and add desired toppings or leave plain.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 10-11 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite bagel toppings like cream cheese or butter.
- Make sure to use plain Greek yogurt. Flavored yogurt will alter the taste of the bagels and regular yogurt will not work in this recipe.
- You can use the baking powder or leave it out but I really think it makes these bagels extra fluffy and so good!
- See the recipe card for the ingredients and instructions for making these gluten-free bagels.
- Use any toppings you like. See suggestions below.
- Make sure you let the bagels cool for 5-10 minutes after they are done cooking since they will cook even more while they cool.
Bagel topping ideas
Here are some of my favorite bagel toppings. Of course, you can keep them plain as well.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Sesame Seeds
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried garlic
- Dried onion
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
Don’t worry if you do not have an air fryer, you can also make these bagels in the oven.
To make these air fryer bagels in the oven, place them onto a lined baking sheet once you have formed and topped them. Then bake them on the top rack of the oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Storing and reheating
- To store these bagels: Wrap them in plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, you can reheat them in the air fryer or slice and toast them in the toaster.
- Freezing these bagels: To freeze these bagels, let them cool completely and wrap each bagel tightly in plastic wrap. Transfer the wrapped bagels to a freezer-friendly ziplock bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 30 days. When ready to eat, place them in the refrigerator overnight or remove one straight from the freezer and packaging, wrap it in a clean paper towel, defrost it in the microwave for 20 seconds, and slice and toast it. It’s so good!
Make them ahead of time
You can make the dough ahead of time and store it in a container covered with plastic wrap, tightly and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to use, you can pinch off some of the dough, roll it out, egg wash, top it, and cook it in the air fryer as noted in the recipe. Fluffy, homemade bagels are just like that!
You can enjoy these bagels all on their own with some cream cheese, which is so good. You can also toast them and spread some butter on them as well. Mashed avocado would also be delicious. Enjoy them as a hearty breakfast sandwich or use them as the bread for a healthy chicken salad or chickpea salad sandwich. So many possibilities.