Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are so quick and easy to make and are incredibly delicious. Made with fresh veggies, chicken breast and a wonderful fajita seasoning. All cooked in the air fryer in 10 minutes! This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, paleo and whole30.
Fajitas are kind of a staple meal for us since they are so quick and easy to make! Luckily these air fryer chicken fajitas only take 10 minutes, thanks to the air fryer! That means you can make them any day of the week, especially on those busy-week nights.
Other meals you can make for quick and easy dinners are air fryer chicken and vegetables , air fryer chicken sausage and veggies or this juicy air fryer chicken breast. All of which are also low-carb, gluten free, paleo and whole30-friendly.
Why you will love this air fryer chicken recipe
- Quick and easy – you can make it in 10 minutes
- Healthy and delicious – loaded with protein and veggies with tons of flavor
- Great meal prep recipe – it stores and reheats very well
- Kid-friendly – kids and adults love this fajita recipe
Can you make fajitas in the air fryer?
I am so happy to tell you that yes you can make fajitas in the air fryer and it is so easy to do! No heating up the oven required, which I JUST LOVE.
Ingredients needed for air fryer chicken fajitas
- Chicken breast – you can also use chicken thighs
- Bell peppers – you will need 3 large peppers, a combo of colors or all the same is up to you
- Onion – red, yellow or white onion will work
- Avocado oil – you can also use olive oil or coconut oil
- Fajita Seasoning – homemade or store-bought will work
How to make chicken fajitas in the air fryer
- Season the chicken and veggies – Add sliced veggies and chicken to a bowl, drizzle with oil and season with fajita seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Air fry the fajita chicken and veggies – Preheat the air fryer (if needed) to 390 degrees F. Spray the basket with olive oil spray. Add the seasoned chicken and veggies to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Serve – Remove the chicken and veggies from the air fryer and place them onto a platter or plate. Serve with your favorite fajita fixings like tortillas, avocado, salsa, lime and cilantro.
Tips for cooking with an air fryer
- Don’t overcrowd the basket – you want to make sure to place uncooked food in a single layer, some overlapping is okay. This will ensure everything cooks more evenly.
- Flip halfway through cooking – tossing or flipping the food halfway through the cooking time will help get it all nice and golden on all sides.
- Spray the basket with olive oil spray – this is important to prevent food from sticking to the air fryer basket and helps make clean up even easier. For even easier clean-up you can use an air fryer liner.
Recipe variations for air fryer chicken fajitas
Here are a few ways you can change up this recipe based on what you have on hand.
- Switch up the veggies – use zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, mushrooms or even corn.
- Change up the protein – you could use steak, or even tofu in this recipe.
- Use taco seasoning in place of the fajita seasoning.
- Be creative with your toppings – shredded carrots, scallions or chopped jalapeño would all work as additional toppings. Be creative!
These air fryer chicken fajitas are great as a fajita-style bowl with all the toppings for a low-carb meal. You can also wrap it up in a warm tortilla.
Storing and reheating
After you have cooked the chicken fajitas, let them cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or in the microwave.
More healthy Mexican recipes to try!
- Easy Vegetarian Fajitas
- Salmon Tacos
- Healthy Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad
Did you make this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print