Quick and easy chicken fajitas made in 15 minutes right in the air fryer! Crunchy and flavorful veggies mixed with juicy, succulent chicken that is bursting with flavor. A perfect quick and healthy meal for any night of the week!
These delicious air fryer fajitas are a gluten-free, low-carb, paleo meal you will want to make over and over again!
I have tried making chicken in all types of ways, but no method compares to the ease and perfect results you get every time using the air fryer. Which is one of the best methods for cooking chicken, in my opinion. Air fryer meals are just always easy and come out great!
Fajitas are one of our favorite things to cook and since I have already shared these Veggie Fajitas and this simple and crazy good Homemade Fajita Seasoning, it was about time to give you a chicken fajitas recipe.
Now, these easy air fryer chicken fajitas are so INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS and very easy to make in about 10 minutes! The veggies become wonderfully crispy and crunchy while the chicken remains juicy and so falvorful. You are really going to want to try this recipe! You will love it!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – you can make it in 10 minutes.
- Bursting with flavor!
- Wonderfully tender, crunchy veggies plus juicy flavorful chicken!
- Healthy and delicious – loaded with protein and veggies with tons of flavor.
- Great meal prep recipe – it stores and reheats very well.
- Kid-friendly – kids and adults love this fajita recipe.
- A low-carb meal, gluten-free meal you will want to make all the time!
Can you make fajitas in the air fryer?
I am so happy to tell you that yes you can make fajitas in the air fryer and it is so easy to do! No heating up the oven is required, which I JUST LOVE.
Ingredients needed for air fryer chicken fajitas
- Chicken breast – boneless, skinless chicken breasts or you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Bell peppers – you will need 3 large peppers, a combo of colors or all the same is up to you.
- Onion – red, yellow, or white onion will work.
- Avocado oil – you can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Fajita Seasoning – homemade or store-bought will work!
How to make chicken fajitas in the air fryer
Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full list of ingredients and detailed recipe instructions as well as nutritional information.
- Season the chicken and veggies – Add sliced veggies and chicken to a bowl, drizzle with oil, and season with fajita seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Air fry the fajita chicken and veggies – Preheat the air fryer (if needed) to 390 degrees F. Spray the basket with olive oil spray. Add the seasoned chicken and veggies to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Serve – Remove the chicken and veggies from the air fryer and place them onto a platter or plate. Serve with your favorite fajita fixings like tortillas, avocado, salsa, lime, and cilantro.
- Don’t cut the veggies too small or they will burn.
- Cut the chicken into even-sized strips for the best results.
- Use a good amount of fajita seasoning for a great punch of flavors.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket – you want to make sure to place uncooked food in a single layer, some overlapping is okay. This will ensure everything cooks more evenly.
- Flip halfway through cooking – tossing or flipping the food halfway through the cooking time will help get it all nice and golden on all sides.
- Spray the basket with olive oil spray – this is important to prevent food from sticking to the air fryer basket and helps make clean up even easier. For even easier clean-up you can use an air fryer liner.
Here are a few ways you can change up this recipe based on what you have on hand.
- Switch up the veggies – use zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, mushrooms or even corn.
- Change up the protein – you could use steak, pork, or even tofu in this recipe.
- Use taco seasoning in place of the fajita seasoning.
- Be creative with your toppings – shredded carrots, scallions or chopped jalapeño would all work as additional toppings. Be creative!
How will I know if the chicken is fully cooked?
The best method for checking if the chicken is cooked is to use a meat thermometer to ensure is it cooked and safe to eat. You can do this by inserting the thermometer into the center of one of the pieces of chicken. If the internal temperature on the thermometer reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) then the chicken is done cooking. Continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes and check again until it is done.
Ways to serve air fryer chicken fajitas
These air fryer chicken fajitas are great as a fajita-style bowl with all the toppings for a low-carb meal. You can also wrap it up in a warm tortilla and top them with homemade salsa, mango salsa, or guacamole.
Storing and reheating tips
After you have cooked the chicken fajitas, let them cool completely then transfer them to an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Easy Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Air Fryer Chicken and Vegetables
- Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Juicy Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
Did you make this air fryer chicken fajitas recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print