Hearty Chopped Kale Salad mixed with fluffy quinoa,
Since fall is upon us and we all need to eat more kale, it seemed necessary to bring you all a new Chopped Kale Salad with Quinoa. This simple salad recipe is fast and easy to make and packs all of those wonderful fall flavors into one healthy, incredibly tasty salad!
Since my Easy Kale Salad With Lemon Dressing has been such a hit, I felt that you needed more simple but amazing salad recipes. This chopped kale salad has a perfect combination of fall produce and can be made ahead for work lunches or dinners.
My family already tried this one out at our weekly Sunday Suppers and they devoured it. In fact, they all wanted more, so next time I will be making a double batch!
What to expect from this chopped kale salad
- Quick and easy to make!
- Combines the perfect pairing of fall produce – kale, apples, pomegranate seeds, and Brussel sprouts
- Fantastic salad for entertaining a crowd – Everyone will want more!
- Stores great and is an ideal recipe for meal prepping.
- Super healthy and nutritious!
- Has a tasty mustard vinaigrette dressing that is out of this world!
How do you prepare kale for salad?
Preparing kale for salad is pretty easy but does require a bit of effort. It is pretty minimal though and definitely something you can have your little chefs help you with in the kitchen (aka…the kids).
Now I have a method that I use for my kale that makes it literally almost effortless once I am ready to make a kale salad that you will likely want to try. You can check it out here in this post about my best method for How To Store Kale.
Once your kale is rinsed and ready to go, you want to place it into the bowl you will be serving the salad in and massage for a bit with your hands to break it down. This will make it much easier to eat and digest. TRUST!
Chopped Kale Salad Ingredients
That’s it! Simple ingredients that you can really get almost all year round.
How to make this chopped kale salad
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up to emulsify into a creamy, tangy, slightly sweet dressing.
- Arrange all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour the dressing on the kale salad, toss it all up and your salad is done and ready to eat!
Crunchy, tangy, sweet and satisfying all at the same time. What more could you want in a salad? A great salad to serve for the holidays too!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- To store this chopped kale salad, make the salad and dressing separately. Store the salad in an airtight container and the dressing can be sored in a mason jar, put both in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
- You can any type of kale in this salad. Just make sure to rinse and massage the kale first.
- For extra protein add some chickpeas or grilled chicken.
- Add some sliced pears to contrast the sliced apple
More kale salad recipes
- Simple Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- The BEST Kale Salad Dressing
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print