Hearty healthy green kale mixed with fluffy quinoa,
Since fall is upon us and we all need to eat more kale, it seemed necessary to bring you all a new Autumn Chopped Kale Salad with Quinoa. This salad recipe is fast and easy to make and packs all of those wonderful fall flavors into one healthy, incredibly tasty salad!
Since my easy kale salad with lemon dressing has been such a hit, I felt that you needed more simple but amazing salad recipes. This chopped kale salad has a perfect combination of fall produce and can be made ahead for work lunches or dinners.
My family already tried this one out at our weekly Sunday Suppers and they devoured it. In fact, they all wanted more, so next time I will be making a double batch!
What to expect from this chopped kale salad
- Quick and easy to make!
- Combines the perfect pairing of fall produce – kale, apples, pomegranate seeds, and Brussel sprouts
- Fantastic salad for entertaining a crowd – Everyone will want more!
- Stores great and is an ideal recipe for meal prepping.
- Super healthy and nutritious!
- Has a tasty mustard vinaigrette dressing that is out of this world!
How do you prepare kale?
Preparing kale is easy and almost effortless but necessary. I have a method I follow from the time I get home from the grocery store to the time I am ready to use my kale.
Here is my method:
- When I get home from the grocery store I chop, thoroughly rinse, and salad spin my kale. Then I wrap it up in paper towels and store it in a ziplock bag. This way it is ready all week long whenever I need it. A higher probability that I will use it if it is all ready to go in my fridge.
- When I am ready to make a salad with my kale – my favorite way to enjoy it! I add it to a large bowl, drizzle on some olive oil or lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt, and massage it with my hands for 1-2 minutes. This makes all the difference in the world and turns the kale into this softer, brighter, easier to digest bed of green goodness that is everything.
What ingredients do you need to make Chopped kale salad?
- Brussel sprouts
- Red onion
- Pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
That’s it! Simple ingredients that you can really get almost all year round.
How to make this chopped kale salad
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl mixing bowl or salad bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up to emulsify into a creamy, tangy, slightly sweet dressing.
3. Pour the dressing on the kale salad, toss it all up and your salad is done and ready to eat!
Crunchy, tangy, sweet and satisfying all at the same time. What more could you want in a salad? A great salad to serve for the holidays too!
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- To store this chopped kale salad, make the salad and dressing separately. Store the salad in an airtight container and the dressing can be sored in a mason jar, put both in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
- You can use dark lacinato kale or curly kale for this salad. Just make sure to rinse and massage the kale first.
- For extra protein add some chickpeas or grilled chicken.
- Add some sliced pears to contrast the sliced apple
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print