This amazing Chopped Kale Salad is mixed with fluffy quinoa,
This simple and tasty Chopped Kale Salad recipe is fast and easy to make and packs all of those wonderful fall flavors into one healthy, incredibly delicious salad!
Since my Easy Kale Salad With Lemon Dressing has been such a hit, I felt that you needed more simple but amazing salad recipes. This NEW chopped kale salad has a perfect combination of vibrant veggies, plant-based protein and the most amazingly flavorful dressing ever.
It is probably one the best kale salad recipes I have made that I just want to make all the time. It’s that good! All of those beautiful colors are so vibrant which let’s you know this is going to be healthy and so delicious. Plus it is totally gluten free, vegan and vegetarian.
What is the best way to massage kale for salad
Preparing kale for salad is pretty easy but does require a bit of effort. It is pretty minimal though and definitely something you can have your little chefs help you with in the kitchen (aka…the kids).
Once your kale is rinsed and ready to go, you want to place it into the bowl you will be serving the chopped kale salad in and massage for a bit with your hands to break it down. This will make it much easier to eat and digest. TRUST!
You can check out MORE TIPS for prepping kale in this How To Store Kale post.
Ingredients you will need
- Kale – You can use any type of kale, just make sure it is fresh. I used dark, flat leaf kale.
- Brussel sprouts – fresh, shaved Brussel Sprouts
- Quinoa – any type, cooked and cooled
- Pomegranate seeds – to give this salad some tang
- Dried cranberries – I used sugar free
- Purple onion – sliced thin
- Apple – any type of apples will work, I use gala apples
- Pumpkin seeds – dry roasted
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple syrup – real maple syrup or honey
- Olive oil
- Lemon – fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
That’s it! Simple ingredients that you can really get almost all year round.
How to make the BEST chopped kale salad
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up to emulsify into a creamy, tangy, slightly sweet dressing.
- Arrange all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour the dressing on the kale salad, toss it all up and your salad is done and ready to eat!
Crunchy, tangy, sweet and satisfying all at the same time. What more could you want in a salad? A great salad to serve for the holidays too!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- To store this chopped kale salad, make the salad and dressing separately. Store the salad in an airtight container and the dressing can be sored in a mason jar, put both in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the dressing onto the salad and toss.
- You can any type of kale in this salad. Just make sure to rinse and massage the kale first.
- For extra protein add some chickpeas or grilled chicken.
- Add some sliced pears to contrast the sliced apple
More kale salad recipes
- Simple Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- The BEST Kale Salad Dressing
Did you make this chopped kale salad recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print