This easy Homemade Fajita Seasoning is the best spice blend to add great flavor to any fajitas. Mix it up in minutes, use it right away or store it for up to 6 months.
We love fajitas, they are so quick and easy to pull together and they always come out so delicious! This crazy good homemade fajita seasoning adds another level of flavor that is out of this world! What’s great is that by making it yourself you know exactly what is in it! This version is totally GLUTEN FREE!
It is much better for you than store-bought fajita seasoning blends that have a lot of ingredients that we don’t even recognize. In this fajita spice blend I used all spices that were gluten free, which is great!
Why you will love this homemade spice blend
- Quick and easy – you can make it in minutes
- Stores great – you can store it in a spice jar in your spice cabinet for up to 6 months
- Loaded with incredible flavor – the combination of spices is perfect and makes the best fajita seasoning EVER
Is fajita seasoning gluten free?
Not all fajita seasoning blends are gluten free unless the package says “Gluten Free”. The same goes for taco seasoning and several other types of spice blends. It is usually because some of the ingredients or the blend itself were made in a facility that also produces products that contain gluten.
Also, paprika (a main ingredient in fajita seasoning) usually contains gluten unless you buy a gluten free brand.
What ingredients are in fajita seasoning?
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Paprika – I used gluten free
- Light brown sugar – just a little bit for a hint of sweetness
- Kosher salt + Black pepper
How to make homemade fajita seasoning that is gluten free
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Use right away or store in a spice jar in your spice cabinet for up to 6 months!
How long do homemade seasonings last?
Most homemade seasoning like this fajita seasoning will last for up to 6 months if stored in a jar with a lid in a cool, dry place.
How to store your seasoning
I have a spice drawer as well as a spice cabinet where I store all of my spices and seasonings. The best way to store them is in a spice jar with a tight fitting lid which helps them stay fresher longer. Always make sure to keep them in a cool, dry place for the best results.
Ways to use fajita seasoning
You can use this seasoning blend on so many things to enhance the flavor of dishes like chicken, salmon, pork tenderloin or even crispy chickpeas. Of course using fajita seasoning for vegetarian fajitas or air fryer chicken fajitas is the most common way to use it.
More homemade spice blends to try!
- Gluten Free Cajun Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning – Gluten Free
- Mediterranean Spice Mix – Healthy Life Trainer
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how it turned out!Print