Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Thanks to the air fryer you can make this crispy air fryer cauliflower in minutes with a few simple Ingredients. It comes out perfectly golden, crispy, and packed with so much flavor and makes the most delicious healthy cauliflower side dish that everyone will love!
Air Fryer cauliflower makes an incredible healthy side dish that you can make in minutes. It pairs so well with so many dishes and also makes a great snack!
Roasting cauliflower in the air fryer allows it to get perfectly golden, crispy, and packed with flavor in just 15 minutes! It also makes a great appetizer like this buffalo cauliflower that is also made right in the air fryer!
So, if you are like me and you always have cauliflower in your refrigerator or freezer then this easy side dish is the way to go! Oh and don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer. You can also make this recipe in the oven. It takes a little bit longer but it will still come out crispy and delicious.
Why you’ll love this roasted cauliflower recipe
- Super easy to make!
- Only requires a few simple ingredients.
- Perfectly golden, flavorful, and crispy cauliflower in minutes!
- Low carb and nutritious!
- It makes the best healthy side dish that goes with so many things!
Air fryer cauliflower ingredients
- Cauliflower – you will need one medium head of cauliflower.
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil.
- Spices – turmeric, paprika, garlic powder.
- Salt & pepper – preferably kosher salt and ground black pepper.
How to cut cauliflower into florets
To cut the cauliflower into florets you will want to use a sharp kitchen knife and a cutting board.
- First, you need to remove the green leaves from the cauliflower by tearing them off or you can use kitchen shears to cut them off, then save or discard them.
- Then flip the cauliflower over and cut around the core in the center of the head of the cauliflower to remove it.
- At this point, the florets should mostly fall off but you may need to cut some of them off and chop them if they are too large. You want them to be about 1 inch in size each, for even cooking.
Are the cauliflower leaves edible?
The cauliflower leaves are totally edible. We like to save them and use them in soups or stir fry.
How to cook cauliflower in the air fryer
- Rinse and dry the head of cauliflower then chop it into florets as described above.
- Place the chopped cauliflower into a larger bowl and drizzle it with olive oil. Then toss it to coat it all in the oil.
- Mix up the seasoning and add it to the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Arrange the seasoned cauliflower in the air fryer basket in an even layer and air fry it at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes, flipping it every 3-5 minutes as it cooks.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and serve it warm with your other favorite dishes.
Expert tips for making the best air fryer cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower florets in even sizes so they cook all at the same time. You can also buy pre-cut cauliflower florets at most grocery stores and use those as a shortcut.
- Season the cauliflower well.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. You may need to cook the cauliflower in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Flip the cauliflower into the air fryer basket a few times while cooking to ensure it gets nice and crispy on all sides.
- To make this cauliflower in the oven, place the seasoned cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet and roast it at 425 degrees F for 18-20 minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time.
This air fryer cauliflower recipe is great as is but here are some variations that would also work!
Can I make this air-fried cauliflower without oil?
Yes, you can absolutely omit the oil in this recipe, although the cauliflower will come out a little less golden and crispy but still delicious. Adding that little bit of oil really helps it crisp up nicely in the air fryer.
Can I cook frozen cauliflower in the air fryer?
Frozen cauliflower will work in this air fryer cauliflower recipe, just make sure that it is completely thawed before you season and cook it.
This roasted cauliflower recipe goes great with so many things. Here are a few of our favorites!
- Serve it with some chicken like this air fryer chicken breast, chicken cutlets, or chicken thighs.
- Enjoy it with some meatloaf like this air fryer meatloaf or this healthy turkey meatloaf.
- Use it as a topping on salads, buddha bowls, or even pizza!
Storing and Reheating Tips
You can store this air fryer cauliflower in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Easily reheat it right in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
More Cauliflower Recipes to try!
- Chickpea Cauliflower Burger
- Sweet and Spicy Cauliflower Wings
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
- Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi
Other delicious air fryer side dishes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Healthy Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Easy Air Fryer Vegetables
If you try this air fryer cauliflower recipe or any other recipe on Pinch Me Good, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others to find the recipe so they can also try it out! Also, I would love to see your creations, so if you happen to take a photo of this recipe then please share it with me on Instagram.Print
Air Fryer Cauliflower – Crispy and Delicious
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 medium head of cauliflower or 5–6 cups of chopped cauliflower florets.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the cauliflower and dry it well with a clean towel. Remove the green leaves of the cauliflower using your hands or kitchen shears. You can discard them or use them for stir fry or soup. Flip the cauliflower over and use a sharp kitchen knife to cut around the core and pull it out. Most of the cauliflower florets should fall off but you may have to cut some off of the core. Then cut the larger ones so that they are all the same size, about 1-inch.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large bowl and drizzle them with the olive oil and toss to coat them all in the oil.
- Mix up the seasoning (garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper) in a small bowl and add it to the cauliflower. Toss the cauliflower well in the seasoning to coat it all.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray (non aerosol). Arrange the seasoned cauliflower in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you may need to do this in batches). Close and cook the cauliflower for 15 minutes, flipping it in the basket every 3-5 minutes to ensure it all get’s nice and golden and crispy.
- Once the cauliflower is done, transfer it to a plate or serving bowl and serve warm with your other favorite dishes.
- Cut the cauliflower florets into even sizes, about 1-inch pieces so they all cook evenly.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer. The cauliflower should be in a single layer.
- You can store this roasted cauliflower in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Healthy Side Dishes
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer cauliflower, cauliflower in the air fryer, roasted cauliflower, cauliflower side dish, cauliflower recipe
Leave a Reply