Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs are a great way for getting perfectly crispy juicy boneless, skinless chicken in 20 minutes!
Air Fryer Boneless chicken thighs are a staple recipe that I make at least once a week. I have made a lot of chicken in the air fryer like this boneless chicken breast and breaded chicken breast. But this chicken thighs recipe is my go-to!
Cooking chicken thighs in the air fryer is the best way to get them perfectly crispy on the outside while they stay juicy and succulent on the inside in under 20 minutes!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Juicy and loaded with flavor.
- Requires only a few simple ingredients.
- Perfectly cooked, succulent chicken thighs in less than 20 minutes!
- Great for a quick protein to add to meals.
This air fryer chicken thighs recipe is easy and comforting and goes so well with oven-roasted potatoes and carrots. One of my favorite meals EVER! You could also pair it with some asparagus or quinoa for a fancier, lighter meal.
I love it because boneless skinless chicken thighs are one of the easiest types of chicken to cook because they are hard to mess up! They are a darker cut of meat that rarely comes out dry and has so much flavor packed right into them. Even if they are boneless and skinless. They’re AMAZING and so good!
Best seasoning for boneless chicken thighs
There are a lot of herbs and spices that pair well with chicken but the best seasoning I have found for boneless chicken thighs is a combination of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. It just brings out all of the essences of the chicken and gives it this incredibly well-balanced flavor.
Ingredients you will need
- Chicken thighs – boneless skinless chicken thighs work best in this recipe. You can use bone-in chicken thighs as well but it will take longer to cook. See below for tips!
- Olive oil spray – you can also brush the chicken with olive oil too, but I like to use olive oil spray since it covers the chicken evenly with the use of less oil. Chicken thighs are also naturally higher in fat than chicken breasts so a lot of oil is not necessary.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. A crazy good spice combo for chicken thighs.
- Salt and pepper – kosher salt and ground black pepper work best.
How to make air fryer boneless chicken thighs
- Season the chicken things.
- Cook the chicken thighs at 380 degrees F for 15-17 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
*Get the complete list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Recipe tips for the best boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Dry the chicken thighs with a clean paper towel first to help them get nice and golden and crispy when you air fry them.
- Season the chicken really well for the best flavor.
- Check to ensure the chicken is done cooking by using a meat thermometer. The chicken thighs should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Here are some great sides to pair with these air fryer boneless chicken thighs to make this a complete meal.
- Serve it with a salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Pair it with some Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Butternut Squash.
- Have it alongside some Sautéed Spinach with Garlic or with some Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Enjoy it with some Crispy Smashed Potatoes or some Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Do you need to marinate the chicken thighs before you cook them?
You do not have to marinate the chicken before you air fry it. The great thing about cooking chicken thighs in the air fryer is that they have a higher amount of fat than chicken breast, so they already have flavor built right into them. If you do want to marinate them then you can and then just cook them as directed in the recipe.
Can you use bone-in chicken thighs in this recipe?
Yes, you absolutely can use bone-in chicken thighs. Since they are usually a little bit larger than boneless chicken thighs, they will likely take longer to cook. You will want to cook them at 360 degrees F for 15 minutes, flip them over and cook them for 10-12 more minutes, depending on the size of the chicken you are using.
Can you cook frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the air fryer. It will be best to let the chicken sit on the counter for 10 minutes first to allow them to defrost a little bit before seasoning them. You also want to make sure that the chicken is not stuck together since this will cause it to cook unevenly. Here is how to do it:
- Season the chicken as directed in the recipe
- Place it into the air fryer in an even layer.
- Cook it at 380 degrees F for 16-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Larger chicken thighs will take longer to cook all the way through.
Storing and reheating air fryer boneless chicken thighs
You can store these air fryer boneless chicken things in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Easily reheat them in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for a few minutes or in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to try!
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets