These air fryer chicken thighs are a quick and easy weeknight dinner that you can have ready in under 20 minutes. They get perfectly golden and crispy on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside.
Best easy air fryer chicken thigh recipe!
This amazing, easy recipe is made with boneless chicken thighs that are loaded with flavor and get so perfectly crispy in the air fryer. It really is a wonderful recipe that my husband requests all the time!
He also loves this air fryer boneless chicken breast, these air fryer chicken nuggets and of course air fryer chicken parmesan. He pretty much gets excited about any air fryer chicken recipe unless I am making lemon pepper chicken wings, then he is a really happy camper, lol.
Why I know you will just love this chicken recipe
- Juicy and loaded with flavor
- No need to heat up the stove
- Only 6 simple ingredients
- They cook quickly in under 20 minutes!
This recipe is easy and comforting and goes so well with oven roasted potatoes and carrots. One of my favorite meals EVER! You could also pair it with some asparagus or quinoa for a fancier, lighter meal.
Ingredients you will need
How to cook chicken thighs in the air fryer
This recipe is super quick and easy and comes together in under 20 minutes!
- Prep the chicken. Pat the chicken dry, spray it with olive oil spray or cooking spray to help the seasoning stick better.
- Season. Mix up the spice blend in a small bowl and rub it all over the chicken thighs.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F, spray the air fryer basket with non-aerosol cooking spray and place the chicken thighs into the basket in a single layer. Close and cook the chicken for 15 minutes, flipping each chicken thigh over halfway through the cooking time. You will know the chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve. Remove and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Get the full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
Can you stack chicken thighs in the air fryer?
I do not recommend stacking the chicken thighs in the air fryer since it will cause them to cook unevenly. You really want to place them into the air fryer basket in an even layer. This will ensure that all of the chicken will cook at the same time.
Do you need to marinate the chicken before you cook it?
You do not have to marinate the chicken before you air fry it. The great thing about cooking chicken thighs in the air fryer is that they have a higher amount of fat than chicken breast, so they already have flavor built right into them. If you do want to marinate them then you can and then just cook them as directed in the recipe.
Can you use bone-in chicken thighs in this recipe?
Yes, you absolutely can use bone-in chicken thighs. Since they are usually a little bit larger then boneless chicken thighs, they will likely take longer to cook. 16-20 minutes at 390-400 degrees works great. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be 165 degrees F when it is done cooking.
Can you cook frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the air fryer. It will be best to let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes first to allow it to defrost a little bit before seasoning it. You also want to make sure that the chicken is not stuck together since this will cause it to cook unevenly.
- Season the chicken as directed in the recipe
- Place it into the air fryer in an even layer.
- Cook it at 380 degrees F for 16-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Larger chicken thighs will take longer to cook all the way through.
Tips for making the most juicy, crispy chicken thighs
Here are a few things to consider when cooking chicken thighs to ensure they come out juicy, tender and crispy.
- Season them well: Adding the right amount of flavor to the chicken with some seasoning will really bring out its flavor and result in the best tasting chicken thighs.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer: You want to place the chicken in an even layer in the air fryer and make sure that it is not overlapping. This will ensure that all areas of each piece of chicken get nice and crispy while it cooks.
- Make sure not to overcook them. Checking the chicken thighs at around 15 minutes and adjusting the cooking time from there, will help you get perfectly cooked chicken every, single time. I like to use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
Here are some great additions to pair with these air fryer chicken thighs to make this a complete meal.
- Serve it with a salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Pair it with some Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Butternut Squash.
- Have it alongside some Sautéed Spinach with Garlic or with some Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Enjoy it with some Crispy Smashed Potatoes or some Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to try!
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print