These air fryer chicken thighs are a quick and easy weeknight dinner that you can have ready in under 20 minutes. They have a nice juicy, perfectly seasoned skin and are super moist and delicious.
Chicken thighs contain more fat then other types of chicken which is why they are so juicy and packed with so much flavor. I used a simple spice blend to add even more flavor to them and it was just perfect.
Why you will love these air fryer chicken thighs
- Quick and easy – ready in 15 minutes!
- 6 simple ingredients
- Perfectly juicy, crispy chicken
- It’s a really healthy way to cook chicken
- Great meal prep recipe!
The best seasoning for chicken
I like big flavor in my food and when that comes in the form of things like spices and herbs that are basically no calories, I’m all in.
In this chicken recipe I used a wonderful blend of spices that I think pair great with these chicken thighs but you can really use any blend you like. Here is the blend I used.
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian seasoning – a blend of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage and coriander
- Salt and pepper – for extra flavor
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to cook chicken thighs in the air fryer
This recipe is super quick and easy and comes together in under 20 minutes!
- Prep the chicken. Pat the chicken dry, spray it with olive oil spray or cooking spray to help the seasoning stick better.
- Season. Mix up the spice blend and rub it all over the chicken thighs.
- Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F, spray the air fryer basket with non-aerosol cooking spray and place the chicken thighs into the basket in a single layer. Close and cook the chicken for 12-15 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the cooking time. You will know the chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve. Remove and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Get the full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
Here are some great additions to pair with these air fryer chicken thighs to make this a complete meal.
- Serve it with a salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Pair it with some Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Butternut Squash.
- Have it alongside some Sautéed Spinach with Garlic or with some Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Enjoy it with some Crispy Smashed Potatoes or some Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
There aren’t that many variations to this recipe since it is already pretty simple and easy to make but here are a few that would also turn out great!
- Add some olive oil to the chicken before you add the spices for extra crispy chicken thighs.
- Switch up the spice blend with any spices you like. A Mediterranean spice or cajun spices would both be really good in this recipe.
- Make it completely oil-free by using cooking spray or don’t spray the chicken at all and just use the spice blend as a dry rub on the chicken thighs.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print