Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs are an easy weeknight dinner you can have ready in 15 minutes! These chicken thighs come out perfectly flavorful, crispy, and succulent every time!
If you haven’t tried making boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer yet, then you MUST try this recipe! I have made a lot of chicken recipes in the air fryer like this boneless chicken breast and breaded chicken breast. But this chicken thighs recipe is my go-to!
Why you’ll love this air fryer boneless chicken thighs recipe
- Juicy and loaded with flavor
- Only a few simple ingredients
- Perfectly cooked, succulent chicken in 15 minutes!
- Great for a quick weeknight meal!
This chicken recipe is easy and comforting and goes so well with oven-roasted potatoes and carrots. One of my favorite meals EVER! You could also pair it with some asparagus or quinoa for a fancier, lighter meal.
I love it because boneless skinless chicken thighs are one of the easiest types of chicken to cook because they are hard to mess up! They are a darker cut of meat that rarely comes out dry and has so much flavor packed right into them. Even if they are boneless and skinless. They’re AMAZING and so good!
Best seasoning for chicken thighs
There are a lot of herbs and spices that pair well with chicken but the best seasoning I have found for chicken thighs is a combination of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. It just brings out all of the essences of the chicken and gives it this incredibly well-balanced flavor!
- Chicken thighs – boneless skinless chicken thighs work best in this recipe
- Olive oil spray – you can also brush the chicken with olive oil
- Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika – crazy good spice combo for chicken.
- Salt and pepper – kosher salt and ground black pepper work best.
How to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in the air fryer
This recipe is super quick and easy and comes together in under 20 minutes!
- Season the chicken things.
- Cook the chicken thighs at 380 degrees F for 15-17 minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Get the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
Recipe tips for the best boneless chicken thighs
- Dry the chicken with a clean paper towel first to help them get nice and golden and crispy when you air fry them.
- Season the chicken thighs really well for the best flavor.
- Check to ensure they are done cooking by using a meat thermometer. The chicken should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Here are some great sides to pair with these air fryer boneless chicken thighs to make this a complete meal.
- Serve it with a salad like this Easy Kale Salad or this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Pair it with some Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Butternut Squash.
- Have it alongside some Sautéed Spinach with Garlic or with some Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Enjoy it with some Crispy Smashed Potatoes or some Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Do you need to marinate the chicken before you cook it?
You do not have to marinate the chicken before you air fry it. The great thing about cooking chicken thighs in the air fryer is that they have a higher amount of fat than chicken breast, so they already have flavor built right into them. If you do want to marinate them then you can and then just cook them as directed in the recipe.
Can you use bone-in chicken thighs in this recipe?
Yes, you absolutely can use bone-in chicken thighs. Since they are usually a little bit larger than boneless chicken thighs, they will likely take longer to cook. 16-20 minutes at 390-400 degrees works great. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be 165 degrees F when it is done cooking.
Can you cook frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the air fryer. It will be best to let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes first to allow it to defrost a little bit before seasoning it. You also want to make sure that the chicken is not stuck together since this will cause it to cook unevenly.
- Season the chicken as directed in the recipe
- Place it into the air fryer in an even layer.
- Cook it at 380 degrees F for 16-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Larger chicken thighs will take longer to cook all the way through.
Storing and reheating
You can store these air fryer boneless skinless chicken things in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Easily reheat them in the air fryer at 330 degrees for a few minutes or in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to try!
- Simple Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 15 Minute Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets