These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are light, fluffy, packed with flavor and they are gluten free! They are made from scratch using simple, nutritious ingredients and they make a great hearty, healthy breakfast that even the kids will love!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are a very familiar recipe that I grew up enjoying on Saturday mornings as a kid. This version is made a little healthier but still has that light and fluffy texture and all of that wonderful apple cinnamon flavour.
These healthy pancakes are so fluffy, similar to these Almond Flour Pancakes except these are made with gluten free flour, applesauce, butter (or coconut oil), cinnamon and a little sugar for sweetness. They come out so light and fluffy and so flavourful that they are even delicious without syrup. It’s true!
Why you will love this pancake recipe
- So much great flavour
- A simple and easy recipe you can make with your kids
- They are the BEST gluten free pancakes
- Light and fluffy
- They store great so they make a wonderful meal prep recipe
Ingredients needed to make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
How to make Apple cinnamon pancakes
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently mix the batter together, turning the bowl as you mix until everything is combined into a thick, fluffy batter.
- Heat up a griddle pan to medium heat and spread some butter or coconut oil onto the surface of the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Pour the pancake batter onto the griddle in 1/3 cup amounts. Cook for 3 minutes per side. Continue until you have cooked all of the pancakes.
- Serve hot with your favourite pancake toppings.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
- You can use any gluten free all purpose flour you prefer as long as it contains xanthan gum. I used Bob’s Red Mill brand.
- Use light brown sugar in place of the coconut sugar.
- Melted coconut oil in place of the melted butter works really well.
- Sunbutter, peanut butter or even cashew butter will work in place of the almond butter in this recipe.
- Use any type of milk, I used unsweetened coconut milk.
More healthy breakfast recipes
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Bagels
- Easy Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine them so the pancakes turn out nice and fluffy.
- Make sure not to over mix the batter or the pancakes will turn out gummy and not fluffy. When combining the ingredients gently fold them together using a rubber spatula or a large spoon.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup that has been sprayed with cooking spray to drop the batter onto the griddle for the best light and fluffy pancakes.
- To make this pancake recipe vegan you can use 1/2 cup of applesauce or flax egg in place of the eggs.
- Use a gluten free flour blend that contains xanthan gum.
- These pancakes can be stored after they have completely cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can easily reheat them in a skillet on the stove or in the microwave.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print