Delicious and fluffy Apple cinnamon Pancakes lightened up by replacing the flour with almond flour and adding in some sweet chunks of apple, and a hint of cinnamon for a healthy cozy fall breakfast everyone will love! They are so good topped with a drizzle of warm maple syrup!
This pancake recipe is going to become one of your favorites! These pancakes are perfectly light and fluffy, golden on the outside and so flavorful. Plus these apple cinnamon pancakes are made with all healthy ingredients like almond flour, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and sweet, tart apples. Your whole family will love them topped with sticky, sweet maple syrup. They are the only gluten-free pancakes my kids will eat! You may also love these simpler almond flour pancakes as well.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The BEST light and fluffy healthy pancakes!
- Easy to make with a few simple, healthy ingredients.
- Kid-friendly – this is a pancake recipe the whole family will enjoy!
- Delicious, cozy fall breakfast – perfect for a slow weekend with coffee and bacon!
- Mel prep-friendly – make a big batch and store or freeze for a quick and easy breakfast treat!
What are the best apples to use in pancakes?
Pretty much any variety of apples will work in pancakes. The variety you choose depends on personal preference and accessibility. We love Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, or Braeburn apples in pancakes but Granny Smith or Golden Delicious also work great!
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- What are the best apples to use in pancakes?
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Recommended Tools
- How to make Apple cinnamon pancakes
- Tips For The Best Homemade Pancakes With Apples
- Serving suggestions
- More pancake recipes
- Other healthy breakfast recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes – Gluten Free
Ingredients You’ll Need
You will need a simple combination of the following wet and dry ingredients to make these amazing gluten-free pancakes.
- Almond Flour – I used blanched almond flour to keep this recipe light and fluffy but also gluten free.
- Baking Powder – a little baking powder makes the batter nice and light.
- Cinnamon – the addition of the ground cinnamon compliments the apples and almond flour nicely.
- Salt – used to enhance all of the flavors.
- Eggs – add some protein to the pancakes and make them nice and airy.
- Vanilla Extract
- Butter – for that golden, buttery flavor.
- Maple Syrup – adds a bit of sweetness
- Apple – adds more sweetness coupled with nice, suttle tartness that is so good.
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutrition in detail in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
- Skillet or griddle
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
How to make Apple cinnamon pancakes
Step one: Combine the almond flour with the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Step two: Add in the wet ingredients: whisked eggs, milk, vanilla, butter, and maple syrup.
Step three: Mix the ingredients together into a smooth, thick batter, then fold in the chopped apples.
Step four: Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat, and coat the surface with butter. Once it is hot, pour the batter in ¼-1/3 cup amounts into the pan. Let the apple cinnamon pancakes cook for about 2-3 minutes, and once bubbles start to form on the top and around the edges, flip them over and let them cook for about 1-2 more minutes.
Step five: Cook the pancakes until golden and firm. Continue until you have cooked all of the apple pancakes.
Step six: Now serve these fluffy cinnamon pancakes along with maple syrup and butter for a sweet and satisfying breakfast treat. In addition, add your favorite pancake toppings.
Tips For The Best Homemade Pancakes With Apples
- Apples – dice the apples into smaller pieces so they are easier to mix into the batter.
- Fluffy pancakes – let the batter sit at room temperature for 5 minutes for even fluffier pancakes.
- Cooking surface – spread some butter on your cooking surface and allow it to melt before adding the pancake batter. This will help the outer layer of the pancakes to get nice and golden.
- Be patient – wait until the edges of the pancakes are starting to look golden and bubbles form on the top of the pancakes before flipping them.
Apple cinnamon pancakes are great on their own with some butter and maple syrup but here are a few more ways to enjoy them:
- Add more apples – top with chopped or sliced apples or even apple pie filling for even more apple flavors.
- Granola – we love adding some granola since it gives you a nice crunchy texture and a hint of nuttiness and sweetness.
- Powdered sugar – for an extra special treat, add a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Bacon – I know this may sound strange but cooked, chopped bacon on top of pancakes is amazing!
Let your gluten-free apple cinnamon pancakes cool completely, then place parchment paper between each to prevent sticking. Store them in an airtight container or resealable bag: refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Before you are ready to eat them, reheat them in the microwave or on a skillet, On the other hand, if frozen, consider thawing in the refrigerator overnight for best results.
In conclusion, these gluten-free apple pancakes are definitely a recipe you want to try! In truth, they are the best light and fluffy, super flavorful pancakes ever!
More pancake recipes
Other healthy breakfast recipes
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Bagels
- Easy Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
Did you make this apple cinnamon pancakes recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print