These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are soft and fluffy with tasty chunks of apple inside. We used almond flour and, a sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla to make these pancakes super delicious and gluten-free. You’ll love having them for breakfast!
These apple pancakes are a twist on our favorite almond flour pancake recipe. By adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and apple bits, these gluten-free pancakes capture the perfect taste of a cozy fall day. Trust me, they’re a game-changer!
In fact, my kids, who are big fans of banana pancakes, couldn’t get enough of these apple ones since they have a nice fluffy texture. One of the best things is that I left the apple skins on for extra goodness, and they loved it. If you’re looking for an easy and super tasty breakfast, this is the one to make!
Plus these pancakes store and reheat beautifully, making them wonderful for meal prep!
Alternatively, if you prefer more of a savory breakfast, then you may want to try these breakfast sandwiches instead.
Reasons to Love This Apple Pancake Recipe
- For Everyone: These pancakes are gluten-free so that everyone can have some!
- Super Easy: Just grab a few things from your kitchen, and in 15 minutes, you’ve got pancakes.
- Good for You: They’re full of good stuff from almond flour and eggs, as a result, you’re eating something tasty and healthy.
- Perfect Breakfast: Nevertheless, why save them for special days? Have these yummy apple pancakes any morning you like!
What are the best apples to use in pancakes?
Above all, any apples will work in pancakes. However, when incorporating apples into pancakes, you’ll want varieties that offer a balance of sweetness and tartness, and that hold their shape when cooked. In this case, here are some of the best apples to use in pancakes:
- Honeycrisp: These are sweet apples with a hint of tartness coupled with a crisp texture that holds up well when cooked.
- Granny Smith: tart apples that provide a nice contrast to the sweetness of the pancake batter.
- Braeburn: These have a balanced sweet-tart flavor and a firm texture that remains intact during cooking.
- Fuji: Sweet and juicy, Fuji apples add a delightful sweetness to your pancakes.
- Golden Delicious: Mildly sweet with a buttery flavor, these apples soften nicely when cooked, making them a good choice for pancakes.
- Pink Lady (or Cripps Pink): These apples are both sweet and tart, and they have a firm texture that works well in pancakes.
- Reasons to Love This Apple Pancake Recipe
- What are the best apples to use in pancakes?
- Ingredients you will need
- Recommended Tools for Making Pancakes
- How to make Apple cinnamon pancakes
- Tips for the best apple cinnamon pancakes
- Serving suggestions
- More pancake recipes
- Other healthy breakfast recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes – Gluten Free
Ingredients you will need
You will need a simple combination of the following wet and dry ingredients to make these amazing gluten-free pancakes.
- Almond Flour: A gluten-free alternative to regular flour, it adds a nutty flavor and makes the pancakes light and fluffy. I used blanched almond flour.
- Baking Powder: Helps the pancakes rise and become airy.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warm and spicy flavor, perfect for that cozy fall feeling.
- Salt: Just a pinch enhances the overall taste and balances the sweetness.
- Eggs: They bind everything together and make the pancakes moist.
- Vanilla Extract: Gives a sweet and aromatic flavor that complements the apple and cinnamon.
- Butter: Adds richness and ensures the pancakes are soft on the inside. Melted coconut oil or olive oil will also work.
- Maple Syrup: Natural sweetener that pairs beautifully with the apple and cinnamon flavors.
- Apple: Fresh chunks provide a juicy bite and natural sweetness to the pancakes. I used Honeycrisp apples but any apples will equally work.
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutrition in detail in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Recommended Tools for Making Pancakes
- Large skillet or Griddle: A flat cooking surface that evenly distributes heat, perfect for getting those golden brown pancakes.
- Spatula: A flat tool used for flipping the pancakes to ensure both sides cook perfectly.
- Mixing Bowl: A large bowl to combine all your ingredients to create the pancake batter.
- Measuring Cups: Essential for getting the right amount of each ingredient, ensuring your pancakes turn out just right.
- Measuring Spoons: Used for measuring smaller quantities, like spices and extracts, with precision.
How to make Apple cinnamon pancakes
Step one: Combine the almond flour with the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Step two: Add in the wet ingredients: whisked eggs, milk, vanilla, butter, and maple syrup.
Step three: Mix the ingredients together into a smooth, thick batter, then fold in the chopped apples.
Step four: Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat, and coat the surface with butter. Once it is hot, pour the batter in ¼-1/3 cup amounts into the pan. Let the apple cinnamon pancakes cook for about 2-3 minutes, and once bubbles start to form on the top and around the edges, flip them over and let them cook for about 1-2 more minutes.
Step five: Cook the pancakes until golden and firm. Continue until you have cooked all of the apple pancakes.
Step six: Now serve these fluffy cinnamon pancakes along with maple syrup and butter for a sweet and satisfying breakfast treat. In addition, add your favorite pancake toppings.
Tips for the best apple cinnamon pancakes
- Apples: Dice the apples so that it is easier to fold them into the better. Peeling is optional.
- Fluffiness: Let the batter rest at room temperature for an extra 5 minutes. This introduces more air for ultra-fluffy pancakes. As a result, you will get a stack of perfectly fluffy pancakes.
- Cooking Surface: In order to achieve golden-crusted pancakes without sticking, preheat your cooking surface and lightly grease it with butter or oil.
- Gluten-Free Pancakes: Because almond flour pancakes are more delicate than regular ones you need to watch them. For this reason, make sure you wait for bubbles on the surface before flipping. Tip: The first pancake is always the trickiest to flip, so be patient!
Apple cinnamon pancakes are a delightful treat, and pairing them with the right accompaniments can elevate the entire breakfast or brunch experience. With this in mind, here are some serving suggestions:
- Maple Syrup: The classic choice, its sweetness complements the apple-cinnamon flavor.
- Whipped Cream: In addition, a dollop of whipped topping can add a nice creamy contrast.
- Nut butter: Subsequently, a drizzle of nut butter adds a rich, buttery, nutty taste. Any nut butter is good!
- Chopped Nuts: Walnuts or pecans add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
- Fresh Apple Slices: Thin slices or apple fans for a fresh bite.
- Granola: Try this gluten-free granola for a crunchy texture.
- Brown sugar: a little sprinkle to add some sweetness to the pancakes.
- Bacon or Sausage: The savory flavor balances the sweetness of the pancakes.
- Yogurt: A side of Greek yogurt or flavored yogurt can add creaminess and tang.
- Fresh Fruit Salad: A mix of berries, melons, and citrus fruits for a refreshing side.
- Scrambled or Poached Eggs: Adds protein and a savory touch to the meal.
- Apple Cider: Serve hot or cold, depending on the season.
- Butters & Spreads:
- Apple Butter: Enhance the apple flavor with this rich spread.
- Cinnamon Butter: Creamy with a hint of spice.
- Honey: Besides using syrup, you can also drizzle some honey on the pancakes for a natural sweetness in place of the syrup.
Let your gluten-free apple cinnamon pancakes cool completely, then place parchment paper between each to prevent sticking. Store them in an airtight container or resealable bag: refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Before you are ready to eat them, reheat them in the microwave or on a skillet, On the other hand, if frozen, consider thawing in the refrigerator overnight for best results.
In conclusion, these gluten-free apple pancakes are definitely a recipe you want to try! In truth, they are the best light and fluffy, super flavorful pancakes ever!
More pancake recipes
Other healthy breakfast recipes
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Bagels
- Easy Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
Did you make this apple cinnamon pancakes recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print