This Healthy Chicken Parmesan is breaded with a delicious panko and parmesan mixture and seasoned with garlic and Italian seasoning. It is air-fried without any oil at all but it still comes out super moist and crispy golden brown and tastes just like traditional chicken Parmesan. This super easy recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be ready in 10 minutes.
This is a very easy Healthy Chicken Parmesan recipe that you will want to make over and over again. It takes less than 10 minutes, can easily be made gluten free and is a healthy dinner recipe you can make any day of the week!
My husbands favorite meal is chicken parmesan so he was very excited when I was testing this recipe since he got to be my taste-tester. I ended up adding some itialin seasoning and garlic to kick up the flavor and it really turned out even better than I had hoped.
What you will really love about this recipe is that it is a delicious Italian-style quick and easy dinner you can make and have on the table for your family in no time at all. Plus kids love it too!
Why you will love this amazing recipe
- It takes 10 minutes to make it!
- Easy healthy dinner you can make any day of the week
- Easily made gluten free
- Only requires a few simple ingredients
- It is packed with crispy goodness and lots of flavor
- Tastes like traditional chicken Parmesan minus all of the oil and frying
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make this healthy chicken parmesan
- Set up the dredging station. To do this, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper in a medium shallow bowl and mix to combine. In a separate shallow bowl, crack and whisk the eggs and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the chicken onto a paper towel lined plate next to the breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Coat the chicken. Dip each chicken cutlet into the egg to coat it completely then dip it in the breadcrumbs pressing the breading into the chicken as you dredge it. Place the breaded chicken onto a clean plate. Continue until you have coated all of the chicken.
- Cook the chicken parmesan. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Once it is ready, place the chicken into the air fryer in a single layer and spray each piece with cooking spray. Close the basket and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Then top each piece with tomato sauce and shredded parmesan cheese. Cook for 2 more minutes at 400 degrees F to melt the cheese. Continue until you have cooked all of the chicken.
- Serve. Top with more shredded parmesan cheese and some chopped basil or parsley. Serve warm with a side salad or on top of your favorite pasta.
This chicken parmesan stores great in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can easily be reheated in microwave or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it.
Make ahead tips
To make this recipe ahead of time, coat the chicken, place it onto a clean plate and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before cooking it in the air fryer.
To make this recipe in the oven
You can easily make this recipe in the oven if you do not have an air fryer. To make this recipe in the oven, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat the chicken as instructed in this recipe and spray it well with cooking spray.
Place the coated chicken onto the baking sheet and bake it in the preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side. Top with sauce and cheese, then increase the oven temperature to broil and cook for 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Yummy!
What to serve with this healthy chicken parmesan
I love to serve this recipe with a side salad for a healthy dinner idea or light lunch. Here are a few other favorite recipes that pair great with this incredible chicken.
- Serve it with these Butternut Squash Noodles , this Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus or this Easy Kale Salad With Lemon.
- Enjoy it with some Oven Roasted Broccoli or this Easy Sautéed Spinach With Garlic.
- Have it on top of some Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash or these crazy good creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
More healthy quick and easy chicken recipes
- Easy Veggie Chicken Pizza Bake
- 15 Minute Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breast
- Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad
- Rainbow Chicken Pad Thai
- Use good quality organic chicken breast for the healthiest version of this recipe.
- To slice the chicken breasts into cutlets, press down on the chicken breast lightly with one hand and use your dominant hand to slice through the chicken from one end to the other using a sharp kitchen knife and slicing it open like a book. Then slice it down the middle to separate the two halves. Follow this method to cut both pieces of chicken, giving you 4 chicken cutlets.
- Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free panko breadcrumbs.
- To make this chicken recipe even more crispy add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the breadcrumb mixture and mix it in with your hands pressing it into the breadcrumbs to make the coating nice and crunchy.
- Adjust the cooking times based on the thickness of your chicken cutlets. The cutest I used were about 3/4 of an inch in thickness and took about 5 minutes on each side to cook all the way through. This will ensure you get a super crispy outer layer with a nice juicy, tender inside.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print