Air Fryer Mushrooms are a flavorful healthy side dish you can make in 15 minutes! They are so delicious and easy to make with only a few ingredients. This is the best way to cook roasted mushrooms perfectly every time!
Air Fryer Mushrooms are a MUST-TRY recipe! They come out perfectly crispy and loaded with amazing flavor. I don’t think I have ever had roasted mushrooms that taste this good!
Although, this mushroom recipe may be my favorite of all! You are going to love it! I know people either love cooked mushrooms or cannot tolerate them but this recipe may be a game-changer, it is that GOOD!
Why You’ll Love this recipe
- Quick and easy – you can make it in 15 minutes!
- Packed with amazing savory flavor – the most flavorful mushrooms ever!
- Best healthy side dish – this is a recipe that everyone will go crazy for.
- Great meal prep recipe – these mushrooms store and reheat great.
Ingredients you will need
- Mushrooms – baby Bella mushrooms are best in this recipe but button mushrooms also work.
- Avocado oil – you could also use olive oil.
- Tamari – soy sauce or Worcestershire also works.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, thyme – these spices really add great flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Clean and slice the mushrooms – lightly rinse the mushrooms then dry them and slice them in half. You can leave the smaller mushrooms whole. Then place them into a large bowl.
- Season – drizzle with oil and tamari and season with garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Toss the mushrooms in the seasoning.
- Cook – preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the basket with cooking spray. Place the mushrooms into the air fryer basket in an even layer and cook them at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Flip them occasionally in the basket as they cook. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve – Once they are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and serve immediately topped with fresh parsley.
Expert tips for cooking mushrooms in the air fryer
- Try to make sure all of the mushrooms are similar in size. I left the smaller ones whole and only sliced the larger ones. Most of which I just sliced in half.
- Season them well! The seasoning in this recipe is great because it really brings out the amazing flavors of the mushrooms.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Mushrooms do shrink as they cook so this is not that big of a deal in this recipe but you still want to make sure not to put too many in the air fryer at one time.
- Shake the mushrooms in the air fryer basket during cooking so they get nice and golden on all sides.
How long do mushrooms take in the air fryer?
Most mushrooms take about 12-15 minutes to cook in the air fryer depending on their size. Portobello mushrooms will take longer to cook since they are larger than white or baby Bella mushrooms.
Why did my mushrooms not get crispy?
Typically if the mushrooms or any vegetable in the air fryer does not crisp up it is due to overcrowding the air fryer. Try placing them in an even layer so they are not overlapping when you cook them to allow them to become nice and crispy and golden.
How to store and reheat air fryer mushrooms
Once you have cooked the mushrooms, let them cool and then transfer them to an airtight container. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can easily reheat them in a pan on the stovetop or in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a few minutes.
If you loved these air fryer mushrooms then you must try this portobello mushroom parmesan. It’s anoter amazing mushrooms recipe!
As mentioned this recipe makes the perfect healthy side dish. Here are a few ways to serve it!
- Enjoy with some cooked chicken breast, pork tenderloin or salmon.
- Add them to an omelet or enjoy them as a side with some eggs and toast.
- Put them on pizza! So good!
You may also love these life-changing air fryer zucchini fries that are also crazy delicious!
More mushroom recipes to try!
- Cheesy Egg White Muffins
- Crustless Mushrooms Asparagus Quiche
- Eggplant Meatballs with Mushrooms and Garlic
Other quick and easy air fryer recipes
Did you try this air fryer mushrooms recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out! Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Pinch Me Good on Pinterest for all of my latest and greatest recipes!Print