This air fryer vegetable recipe is made with a combination of zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, and mushrooms, seasoned with a flavorful spice blend that really takes it to a whole new level. It makes a great healthy, easy side dish that requires minimal effort and takes half the time it does in the oven!
Whenever I need to whip up a quick vegetable side dish, this is my go-to recipe! I love these air fryer vegetables because I can prep them in advance, and cook them in minutes, and they come out perfectly flavorful and delicious every time! My kids even love it!
You can also customize this recipe with whatever quick-cooking veggies you have on hand which is so great! Even add some protein as we did with this air fryer chicken and vegetable recipe or this air fryer chicken sausage and veggies.
Why you’ll love cooking vegetables in the air fryer
- It is an effortless tasty side dish.
- Goes with everything and is even great as leftovers.
- Flavorful, tender, roasted veggies in 10 minutes.
- You can easily customize your flavorings.
- The use of the air fryer makes for easier cleanup.
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer saves time and results in caramelized, flavor-packed veggies every time!
Ingredients you will need
- Quick cooking veggies – zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, bell pepper.
- Avocado oil – you can also use olive oil.
- Seasoning – paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. See additional seasoning variations below.
How to cook vegetables in the air fryer
Be sure to check out the recipe card below for the full list of recipe ingredients, instructions, and nutritional information.
- Prepare the vegetables – chop the veggies into one-inch pieces. Make sure they are all similar in size for even cooking times.
- Season – add the chopped veggies to a large bowl, drizzle them with oil, season them with the seasoning blend, and toss to coat them all.
- Cook – add the seasoned veggies to a preheated air fryer in an even layer and cook them for 9-11 minutes at 390 degrees F. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve. Once the vegetables are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and serve them warm with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
- Switch up the seasoning and use taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, or even a cajun seasoning.
- Mix up the vegetables and use eggplant, green beans, or Brussels sprouts.
- Prepare the veggies ahead and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before you cook them.
- Top the cooked vegetables with pesto or romesco sauce for a fancy twist!
- Use quick-cooking veggies as we used in this recipe. Other quick-cooking veggies you could use are broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, or asparagus.
- Season the vegetables really well for the best flavor.
- Do not overfill the air fryer basket. Make sure to space the veggies apart so they don’t get soggy as they cook.
- Toss the veggies in the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time so they get nice and golden on all sides.
Ways To Serve Air Fryer Vegetables
This recipe goes with so many things. Here are a few suggestions for what to serve with it.
Storing and reheating Suggestions
Air fryer vegetables store and reheat great! You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them right in the air fryer at 330 degrees for 3-4 minutes or even quicker in the microwave.
Can I freeze air-fried roasted vegetables?
This air fryer vegetable recipe is best eaten right away or stored in the refrigerator and reheated after a few days. I do not recommend freezing these veggies.
Why are my vegetables soggy?
Vegetables in the air fryer usually get soggy due to overcrowding them in the air fryer basket. If yours turned out soggy then try cooking them in batches and making sure to spread the veggies out in a single layer in the air fryer basket before you cook them.
Do I need to add water to my air fryer to cook the vegetables?
No water is required to cook vegetables in the air fryer in this recipe.
Can I cook frozen vegetables in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! To cook frozen vegetables in the air fryer, spray the basket with cooking spray, season the frozen veggies with oil and your favorite seasonings then cook them at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Note: air fryers vary so may cooking times and temperatures.
This air fryer vegetable recipe is the best way to cook roasted, flavorful vegetables quickly that come out perfectly every time. They make a wonderful easy side dish that the whole family will enjoy!
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Pesto Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Easy Air Fryer Butternut Squash
I hope you try this air fryer vegetable recipe! If you do try it then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print