This Air Fryer Chicken and Potatoes makes a protein-packed easy meal the whole family will love! It takes less than 30 minutes and results in perfectly golden seasoned potatoes and juicy chicken.
And this new roasted chicken and potatoes recipe is just proof that owning an air fryer is 100% worth it! This easy chicken dinner only requires a few simple ingredients and makes an easy, quick meal for those nights when you are short on time.
Chicken and potatoes also store and reheat great, making this a perfect meal prep recipe.
Why you’ll love this air fryer chicken and potatoes recipe
- Easy to make
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Healthy – packed with protein and fiber
- Great meal prep recipe
- Delicious and flavorful simple chicken dinner
*Get the complete list of recipe ingredients and instructions in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients you will need
- Potatoes – You can use any potatoes you like, Yukon gold is best but any will work. I used a medley of baby potatoes.
- Boneless chicken thighs – for the best results I would use chicken thighs but I have also made this recipe with chicken breast and both work great!
- Avocado oil – you can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Seasoning – garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
How to make roasted chicken and potatoes in the air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 385°F. Toss chopped potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and half of the seasoning in a mixing bowl until coated.
- Place the seasoned potatoes evenly in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl, season chicken thighs with the remaining oil and seasoning, tossing to coat.
- After 10 minutes, move the cooked potatoes to one side of the basket and add the seasoned chicken to the other side. Continue cooking both for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How can I tell if the chicken is done cooking?
The chicken only needs 10 minutes to cook, and should be done after 10 minutes. The best way to tell if it is fully done cooking is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. If it is 165°F then it is done.
Tips for Success
- Prepare: Pat the chicken dry to allow the seasoning to stick to it better. Cut the potatoes into even size pieces for more even cooking.
- Season generously: Use herbs, spices, oil, or butter for added flavor.
- Avoid overcrowding: Arrange the potatoes and chicken in a single layer for even cooking.
- Check for doneness: Ensure chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) and potatoes are golden brown before serving.
- Flip and shake: Turn chicken and shake potatoes halfway through cooking to get them golden on all sides.
Pro tip! Consider dredging the chicken in flour or breadcrumbs for extra crispiness.
Honestly, this air fryer chicken and potatoes recipe is really a completely delicious meal all on its own. Add a side salad and you are good to go! We love to drizzle the chicken and potatoes with a flavorful sauce like a romesco or pesto sauce for even more depth of flavor.
Storing and reheating tips
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can easily reheat portions in the air fryer at 350°F or in the microwave until warmed through.
Recommended tools for making this recipe
- Air fryer – this is the one I have and I love it!
- Mixing bowls – to mix and season the potatoes and chicken
- Measuring spoons – to measure the spices and oil.
- Parchment paper liners – air fryer liners make cleanup a breeze.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Easy Air Fryer Carrots
- Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
Did you make this air fryer chicken and potatoes recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how it turned out!Print