These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are so simple to make and they come out super crispy and juicy. Top them with a tasty sweet and spicy sauce and this is an easy weeknight recipe the whole family will love! Ready in 15 minutes or less!
My family loved these flavorful, golden chicken strips that I served for dinner last night with some oven-roasted potatoes and asparagus. The kids literally devoured them and they didn’t even mind the sweet and spicy sauce.
They make the easiest weeknight dinner that is low-carb, gluten-free, and filling. Easy air fryer recipes are such a go-to for me when I am short on time. Some favorites are Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breasts, Air fryer BBQ Chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, and this Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken.
And if you love fajitas, then these Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are a MUST-TRY recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This a super simple yet crazy delicious air fryer chicken recipe.
- Loaded with sweet and spicy flavors.
- Healthier and lighter than other air fryer breaded chicken recipes.
- Low-carb, KETO-friendly, and gluten-free!
- You can make it in 15 minutes!
- This a recipe your whole family will love!
- Flavorful, juicy chicken every single time, thanks to the air fryer!
Making low-carb crispy chicken tenders
- Instead of using breadcrumbs which typically contain lots of carbs and gluten (although you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs), use almond flour blended with herbs and spices as the coating on the chicken. Which also keeps them gluten-free as well.
- Most of the time, 1 cup of breadcrumbs contains up to 78 grams of carbs, which is quite a bit compared to about 12 grams of carbs for 1 cup of almond flour. What a huge difference.
- Not to mention the health benefits you get from the almonds like healthy fat, iron, vitamin E, and potassium to name a few. Plus almond flour is naturally gluten-free! Also, there is so much flavor in this almond flour blend, it’s simply amazing!
Ingredients for these air fryer chicken tenders
How to make chicken tenders in the air fryer from scratch
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full list of recipe ingredients and step-by-step, detailed instructions.
- Coat the chicken in egg then in the breading mixture.
- Cook the chicken tenders in the air fryer at 390 degrees F in a single layer for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook for 4-5 more minutes. Per the recipe card below.
- Make the sweet and spicy sauce. Per the recipe card below.
- Serve. You can serve these chicken tenders in two ways. Coat all of the chicken in the sauce or just drizzle it over the top of the chicken with an extra drizzle of honey.
So delicious, crispy, and juicy! You are going to love this recipe and probably want to make it all the time, it’s that good!
- You can use whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs in place of almond flour. Of course, then this recipe would no longer be low-carb.
- Use barbecue sauce in place of the hot sauce in this recipe if you don’t like spicy food.
- Try to select chicken tenderloins that are similar in size and weight so they cook more evenly.
- You can store these air fryer chicken tenders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through.
How long do you cook chicken tenders in the air fryer?
This really depends on the size (i.e weight) of the chicken you are using but in general, I cook them at 390 degrees F for 7 minutes on one side then flip and cook for 4 minutes. Check them after that to see if they are done, using a meat thermometer. If the internal temperature is 165 degrees F then they are done. If not then cook them for a couple more minutes.
Note: In order for the chicken to be safe to eat, it must be cooked until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Can I make this chicken recipe in the oven?
To make these in the oven, place them in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and bake them at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked to 165 degrees F as noted above.
What to serve with chicken tenders
These crispy chicken tenderloins pair great with so many other recipes. They go great with some crispy fries or sweet potato fries for a fun homemade meal the kids will love. Or try these sweet potato chips! You can also serve them with some roasted broccoli, asparagus, or an easy kale salad for a healthy, light but satisfying dinner.
More easy air fryer chicken recipes
- Crispy Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 15-Minute Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
Did you try this air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe? If you did then please leave a rating and comment below, I would love to hear from you.Print