Hello all! Welcome to the best salad recipe you will ever stumble upon. How can I be that confident? The reactions I get every time I make this Mind Blowing Kale Salad says it all! The faces, the pucker, the mind blowing eye raises. Happens every single time. Even people that claim they do not like kale, absolutely LOVE this SALAD! You have to make this since it will make you the cooking star you always hoped you would be lol!
This recipe is filled with tons of kale (obviously), lemon juice and zest, golden raisins, pistachios, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), parmesan cheese and some other supporting ingredients. It comes together in minutes and will be in my 15 Minutes Vegetarian Fix recipe collection for sure!
So how did I make this masterpiece you ask? Only a few very easy steps.
Step one: Chop, rinse and salad spin your kale and place it in a large salad bowl or platter.
Step Two: Make your dressing. This is so good!
Super easy, you just add the lemon juice, half the lemon zest, ACV, maple syrup, salt and pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Yum!!!
Step Three: Add the raisins and the nuts to the kale, then add the salad dressing, toss well and add in the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I like to add in half the dressing and toss to see how much I really need. I don’t need all of it, I just store the dressing in the fridge.
- 2 bunches (about 6 cups) of Lacinto Kale
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pistachios (or any nuts you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Fist, you want to rinse your kale thoroughly, send it through the salad spinner and then thinly slice it.
- Place the kale in a large salad bowl or platter and set aside.
- To make the dressing: Zest and juice the lemons, set aside. Add the ACV, lemon juice, half the lemon zest, maple syrup and salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk, slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Whisk well to emulsify.
- Add the golden raisins and pistachios to the kale.
- Pour the dressing on the kale salad and toss well. Add in the remaining lemon zest.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and lightly toss.
- That's it! Enjoy!
- If you are making this ahead, just store the salad and the dressing seperatley in the fridge and when you are ready to eat it just add your dressing to the salad and enjoy!