This easy Strawberry Kale Salad is packed with hearty green kale, fresh strawberries, creamy goat cheese, red onion, and pecans. It is dressed with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette that is incredible and so easy to make. Enjoy it as a healthy lunch or side dish.
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is to build a hearty strawberry kale salad that everyone will love. It is bright and fresh and packed with tons of nutrition, crunch, and flavor. This salad is a spin on this easy kale salad that has been a reader favorite for years. They are both equally delicious.
Similarly, this simple kale and strawberry salad are perfect for summer and it also stores great! You can top it with some sliced chicken breast or pair it with some salmon for a hearty and satisfying summer meal.
In the past, I never really ate much kale but now I am hooked! It is very inexpensive and so easy to prep that it makes a great addition to so many meals.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Nutritious and filling – it is packed with healthy, fresh ingredients and is loaded with nutrition.
- Makes the perfect side or main salad – it goes well with so many main dishes like chicken or shrimp!
- Gluten-free – a wonderful, fully gluten-free recipe that everyone can enjoy!
- Quick and easy – It can be made in 5 minutes with only a few simple ingredients!
- Great meal prep salad – this salad is great for work lunches.
Ingredients you will need
- Kale – Kale is so good for you and it is loaded with vitamins, which is why it works so great in easy salads like this one. You can use any kind of kale in this recipe as long as it is fresh!
- Strawberries – It is strawberry season and this salad is a great way to use up freshly picked strawberries. Cut them into large slices for a big pop of color and flavor.
- Pecans – for a nice nutty, crunchy texture to the salad. Pistachios or walnuts would also be great!
- Goat cheese – adds some calcium as well as a nice, creamy element that everyone will love! You could also use crumbled feta cheese.
- Purple onion – the onion is sliced thin and adds some color and a nice flavor and crunch to this kale salad.
- Strawberry vinaigrette – a homemade dressing that takes 5 minutes and is the perfect summer dressing. You can also make it ahead and store it for 1-2 days before you are ready to use it!
How to make a strawberry kale salad
You can make this salad in about 5 minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
- Mix up the strawberry vinaigrette dressing. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. You can do this in advance and store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before you use it.
- Assemble the salad. Add the kale, sliced strawberries, nuts, goat cheese, and sliced red onion to a large salad bowl.
- Dress, toss, and serve! Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy!
- Prepare the kale in advance. I do this weekly and it is so great to have it ready to go when you need it! Check out this step-by-step guide on how to store kale so it lasts.
- Cut the fruit and veggies in similar sizes – cutting the strawberries and onion in similar sizes will not only make this kale salad look incredible but will also make it easier to toss, and eat!
- Make the dressing in advance – the strawberry vinaigrette stores great so I recommend making it in advance so you can quickly dress and toss this salad when you are ready to enjoy it!
Ways to serve kale salad
This wonderful strawberry kale salad can be enjoyed all on its own or it can be paired with a protein to make it a complete meal. In fact, here are some serving suggestions that would work great with this recipe.
- Serve it as a side dish with a turkey burger or chicken burger.
- Top it with some crispy roasted chickpeas or falafel for a healthy meatless meal.
- Enjoy it alongside some gluten-free naan pizza or chickpea flour pizza.
Storing this salad
The best way to store this salad is to prepare all of the ingredients in advance and then store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. You can then assemble and dress the salad when you are ready to serve it. Furthermore, the strawberry vinaigrette can be stored in a mason jar and kept in the fridge for up to 2 days in advance.
More healthy kale salad recipes
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Easy Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Chopped Kale Salad
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad
- Kale Quinoa Salad
Other Strawberry Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 5 Minute Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
- Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Did you try this strawberry kale salad recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear how it turned out!Print