This easy Strawberry Kale Salad is packed with hearty greens, fresh strawberries, creamy goat cheese, red onion and pecans. It is dressed with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette that is incredible and easy to make. Enjoy it as a healthy lunch or side dish.
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is to build a hearty strawberry kale salad that everyone will love. It is bright and fresh and packed with tons of nutrition, crunch and flavor. You may also enjoy this easy kale salad that has been a reader favorite for years. They are both equally delicious.
In the past I never really ate much kale but now I am hooked! It is very inexpensive and so easy to store kale that it makes a great addition to so many meals, like this amazing salad.
Why you will love this salad recipe
- Packed with fresh ingredients and loaded with nutrition
- Hearty and filling
- Gluten free
- It can be made in 5 minutes!
- Enjoy it as a meal with some grilled fish or chicken or all on its own!
Strawberry Kale Salad Ingredients
- Kale – Kale is so good for you and it is loaded with vitamins, which is why it works so great in easy salads like this one. You can use any kind of kale in this recipe as long as it is fresh!
- Strawberries – It is strawberry season and this salad is a great way to use up fresh picked strawberries. Cut them into large slices for a big pop of color and flavor.
- Pecans – for a nice nutty, crunchy texture to the salad.
- Goat cheese – adds some calcium as well as a nice, creamy element that everyone will love!
- Purple onion – the onion is sliced thin and adds some color and a nice flavor to this salad.
- Strawberry vinaigrette – a homemade dressing that takes 5 minutes and is the perfect summer dressing.
How to make a kale and strawberry salad
You can make this salad in about 5 minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
- Mix up the strawberry vinaigrette dressing. You can do this in advance and store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before you use it.
- Add the kale, sliced strawberries, nuts, goat cheese and sliced red onion to a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy!
How to serve this salad
This wonderful strawberry kale salad can be enjoyed all on its own or it can be paired with a protein to make it a complete meal. In fact, here are some serving suggestions that would work great with this recipe.
- Serve it as a side dish with a turkey burger or chicken burger.
- Top it with some crispy roasted chickpeas or falafel for a healthy meatless meal.
- Enjoy it alongside some gluten free naan pizza or chickpea flour pizza.
How to store a homemade kale salad
The best way to store this salad is to prep all of the ingredients in advance and then store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. You can then assemble and dress the salad when you are read to serve it. Furthermore the strawberry vinaigrette can be stored in a mason jar and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days as well as the kale and strawberries.
More healthy kale salad recipes to try!
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Easy Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Chopped Kale Salad With Quinoa
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad
More Strawberry Recipes to try!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 5 Minute Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
- Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
As always please rate and share this recipe if you try it! I would love your feedback and to hear how it turned out for you!Print