Air Fryer Hard-boiled Eggs are the best, foolproof method for cooking boiled eggs perfectly every time! It is a hands-off, easy way to cook up to a dozen eggs at once to have on hand all week long. Plus, they are easy to peel and so delectably delicious.
Once you try cooking hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer you are going to become obsessed with it. All you need is some fresh eggs and an air fryer. You can cook up to 12 eggs at a time and they will cook flawlessly, to your desired consistency, and peel so easily, which is fantastic!
The best part is that you do not need any water to cook the eggs, which I love! All you need to do is place the uncooked eggs into the air fryer and cook them. Then place them into some cold water, peel, and enjoy!
If you are a meal prepper like me then these air-fried hard-boiled eggs will become your go-to way to cook eggs to have on hand all week long. Use them in a healthy egg salad, as a light, protein-packed snack or to make deviled eggs. They also make a wonderful addition to potato salad.
I prefer my cooked eggs to be firm, but still slightly creamy, which is the consistency pictured in this post. I have provided a cooking times chart below as a guideline for you to follow for cooking them to your desired doneness.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy – this hard boiled egg recipe only takes about 15 minutes.
- No-fail method – perfectly cooked boiled eggs every time.
- The best healthy snack – packed with protein.
- Great for meal prep – you can store them for up to 7 days.
- Easy to peel boiled eggs – the peel slides off so easily, it’s amazing!
Ingredients you will need
Eggs – that’s it! You can use 6-12 whole, uncooked eggs, which is great!
How to make air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees F. Or the lowest temperature your air fryer will go but not lower than 250 degrees F.
- Add the eggs to the air fryer basket (use a metal trivet or rack if needed). Make sure to space them out.
- Cook for 13-17 minutes. See cooking time recommendations below.
- Immediately place the air-fried eggs into a bowl filled with ice water (ice bath) for 4-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can also run them under cold water for 1-2 minutes. This makes them easier to peel.
Pro tip! Use large eggs that are all the same size for the best results for these air-fried eggs.
Tips for making air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Space the eggs out in the air fryer. This is important so they have room to cook evenly.
- Use a metal trivet or rack if you do not have a basket air fryer to help hold the eggs in place.
- Cook 6-12 eggs at once, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Place the eggs into an ice bath immediately after they are cooking. This helps them come out perfectly as well as makes them so easy to peel. The peel almost falls off on its own once you crack them, it’s amazing!
Cooking times for air fryer hard boiled eggs
Since air fryers vary, so will cooking times for air fryer eggs, so I recommend testing this method with your air fryer for your desired consistency. Here are some cooking times that I found work best in most air fryers.
- Soft-boiled eggs: 11-13 minutes
- Creamy hard-boiled eggs: 13-15 minutes (pictured)
- Firm hard-boiled eggs: 16-18 minutes
Yes, it is! Since the air fryer is just a mini tabletop oven, cooked whole eggs work great and it is totally safe just as if you were cooking them in the oven but takes half the time, which is wonderful!
To store hard-boiled eggs, store them, unpeeled in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store peeled eggs in a bowl submerged in water, uncovered in the refrigerator, and change the water daily.
Typically, boiled eggs will last for 5-7 days when stored unpeeled. Peeled cooked eggs will last about 2-3 days if stored properly as noted above.
Other ways to cook hard-boiled eggs
Here are some other great ways to cook hard-boiled eggs.
- Microwave hard-boiled eggs – place 2-4 eggs into a microwave-safe bowl covered about ¾ of the way with hot water. Add ½ teaspoon of salt for each egg to the bowl. Cook on high for 4 minutes for 2 eggs and then add 1 minute for each additional egg. Let them sit in the water for 1 minute after cooking then transfer the eggs to an ice bath for 5 minutes and peel them.
- Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs – add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot, place the trivet the pot comes with on the bottom, add the whole eggs, and secure the lid. Set the pot to cook in manual mode for 5 minutes, then let the pressure release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release. Remove the lid and transfer the eggs to an ice bath for 5 minutes, then peel and enjoy!
- Stovetop hard-boiled eggs – Add the eggs to a pot and cover them with water. Bring them to a boil on the stovetop, then remove them from the heat, cover the pot, and let them sit for about 12 minutes. Transfer them to an ice bath for 5 minutes, then peel.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Zucchini Patties
- Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Healthy Air Fryer Bagels
Other Healthy Egg Recipes
- Sausage and Pepper Egg Muffins
- Crustless Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Veggie Egg White Bites
Did you try this Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below! I would love to hear how yours turned out.Print