Kale Salad Dressing is simple, light, and fresh and is the very best way to dress up that kale and take it from good to great! It is packed with tangy and sweet flavors from the vinegar and lemon mixed with some honey and all blended into an incredibly healthy salad dressing that pairs perfectly with any kale salad. This is a dressing for everyone and it is Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Whole30-friendly.
This is such an incredibly simple and easy salad dressing that is literally so perfectly drizzled on top of any kale salad. It tastes fancy and is such a light and bright dressing that everyone will love!
The mix of tart and sweet flavors is amazing in this kale salad dressing really brings out the vibrant ingredients like lemon and apple cider vinegar that are the stars of this recipe.
This dressing truly brightens up any type of kale and actually makes you want to eat some salad, TRUST ME! Once you make this recipe everyone will want it!
Why this is the best kale salad dressing recipe
- It has the perfect balance of tangy + sweet flavors
- You can make it in minutes
- It is made from pantry ingredients that you likely always have on hand
- Creamy, light and so good!
- Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Whole30-friendly
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make kale salad dressing
You can make this healthy salad dressing in minutes and keep it all week for quick and easy salads for lunch or dinner that your whole family will love.
- Mix up the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well. You can also add all ingredients to a mason jar, secure the lid and shake well to emulsify (which means get it super creamy)
- Store or serve. Once you mix up this salad dressing you can either store it or pour it onto your favorite kale salad right away.
You just cannot go wrong with this amazing homemade healthy salad dressing. It is packed with flavor, is super easy to make, and stores great for easy salad assembly all week long.
Tips for making homemade salad dressing
- Use good quality ingredients. I like to use good quality olive oil as well as good vinegar like apple cider vinegar (with the mother – good bacteria, enzymes, and strands of proteins). Gluten-free dijon mustard and fresh organic lemons all make this amazing kale salad dressing shine for sure.
- Mix up the ingredients really well. Mix up this dressing in a bowl with a whisk or in a mason jar fitted with a lid. A mason jar is a great option for taking this dressing on the go or storing it for later use.
- Use it within a few days. Although this dressing stores great, you really want to use it within 3 days of making it or it can get gloppy and clumpy. Make sure to shake it up well before using it too.
Kale Salads that go great with this dressing
- Kale Brussel Sprout Salad
- Chopped Kale Salad
- Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Simple Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Kale Quinoa Salad
More amazing salad dressings to try!
- 5 Minute Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Caesar salad Dressing
- Simple Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Green Goddess Dressing
- 4 Easy Healthy Salad Dressings
- The BEST Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Use orange juice in place of the lemon for an orangey twist on this kale salad dressing.
- Mix up the vinegar by adding a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Skip the dijon mustard and add a little extra squeeze of lemon
- Add a little garlic for a more savory flavor to this dressing.
- To make this dressing Whole30-friendly simply leave out the maple syrup and it will still be crazy good. If you need a little sweetness, you can blend it up in a blender with some chopped dates or use a little fruit juice (about 1 tablespoon) in place of the maple syrup.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear from you!Print