This Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is made with roasted beets, creamy avocado and goat cheese, bright and citrusy clementines and strawberries mixed in with hearty spinach and roasted chicken. Top it off with a tangy and sweet homemade dijon vinaigrette and it is one healthy complete meal everyone will want to eat!
I have been obsessed with beets lately, maybe because they are in season and are literally everywhere. Plus they are are inexpensive and so easy to cook with. Like in this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad that features caramelized roasted beets mixed with bright and vibrant strawberries and clementines combined with creamy goat cheese and avocado.
Similar to this amazing tasty Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad that is equally delicious.
Add in some perfectly juicy roasted chicken, crunchy walnuts and a creamy dijon dressing and you will be wanting this salad more often then you expect. I ate it for lunch and I am already dreaming about eating it again for dinner.
It is just so beautiful, fresh and vibrant and a complete meal all packed into one hearty, healthy salad. Talk about immune boosting, this salad will keep you strong and healthy for weeks, it is loaded with so much nutrition.
Why you will love this Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- It is very easy to make in only a few simple steps
- Combines a beautiful mix of bright and fresh fruits and veggies
- Anything but boring
- Packed with hearty protein and so much nutrition
- So much texture and flavour!
- Great for meal prep!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make this amazing salad
You can make this salad in under 20 minutes and enjoy it for a quick and easy lunch or healthy dinner any day of the week!
- Roast the beets. This is so easy to do. Peel and slice the beets any way you like, I cut them into half moon shapes. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle them with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- While the beets are roasting, you can prepare the rest of the salad. Chop up the chicken, strawberries and avocado and peel and separate the clementines. Layer the chicken and veggies in a large bowl over the top of the spinach. Add the beets.
- Mix up the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to emulsify.
- Dress and serve. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it all together to coat everything in the tangy, sweet dressing. Top with fresh chopped dill and parsley.
This salad has so much flavor and is super quick and easy to pull together. It would be such a show stopper at any kind of dinner party or gathering with family and friends.
Plus all of these ingredients are available all year round at almost any grocery store. Yippee! The combination of the fruits and veggies is amazing in this beet and goat cheese salad and the topping of fresh dill and parsley at the end is the herby finsih that just ties it all together.
What to serve with this Beet and Goat cheese Salad
This salad is a complete meal all on it’s own but here are some delicious recipes you can also pair with this salad for a super hearty meal.
- Pair it with some healthy protein dishes, like these 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs , Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast or this hearty Black Bean Burger.
- Enjoy it with some fun sides, like these Kale and Squash Quinoa Patties, Healthy Baked Eggplant Fries, or these No-Oil Sweet Potato Wedges.
- Have it with some delicious soup, such as this Creamy Tomato Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup or this Lemony Lentil Soup.
More Easy Healthy Beet Recipes
- Simple Beet Pesto
- Healthy Baked Beet Chips
- Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad
- Chickpeas and Greens Buddha Bowl
- How To Roast Beets In The Oven
Recipe Tips and Shortcuts
- Switch up the greens. You can use spinach, kale or even arugula in this salad.
- Buy already cooked beets. Most grocery stores carry prepackaged, cooked beets that you can just slice and add to this salad and skip the roasting steps. Although I prefer them roasted, this salad is still amazing with the pre-cooked beets.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken quickly in the air fryer. To cook the chicken in the air fryer: Season it with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook it at 380 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, turning it over halfway through the cooking time. Once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F it is done. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Make the dressing ahead of time. You can whip up the dressing in the morning and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Make this recipe vegan. To make this recipe vegan, use soft vegan cheese and maple syrup as the sweetener in the dressing.
- To store this salad. Store all ingredients separately in airtight containers then assemble and dress the salad when ready to eat.
I hope you try this salad. If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out!Print