This Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is made with roasted beets, creamy avocado, crumbled goat cheese, clementines and strawberries, all mixed in with hearty spinach and roasted chicken. Top it off with a tangy and sweet homemade dijon vinaigrette and it is one healthy complete meal everyone will want to eat!
The BEST Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
My family has been loving this Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad that features caramelized roasted beets mixed with bright and vibrant strawberries and clementines combined with creamy goat cheese and avocado.
It is very similar to this amazing tasty Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad that is equally delicious and also a reader favorite.
This Roasted Beet Salad includes perfectly juicy roasted chicken, crunchy walnuts, hearty spinach, strawberries, clementines, avocado, crumbled goat cheese and a creamy dijon dressing that is just perfect in this simple healthy beet salad recipe.
Why you will love this Roasted Beet Salad
- It is very easy to make in only a few simple steps
- Combines a beautiful mix of bright and fresh fruits and veggies
- It is fresh, vibrant and anything but boring
- Packed with hearty protein and so much nutrition
- Contains lots of texture and flavour!
- Great for meal prep!
What you will need to make this healthy salad recipe
How to make beet and goat cheese salad
You can make this quick and easy salad in under 20 minutes and enjoy it for a quick and easy lunch or healthy dinner any day of the week! It is a wonderful beet recipe that you will want to make all the time.
How to roast beets
Roasting beets for this beet and goat cheese salad is very easy to do.
Peel and slice the beets any way you like. I cut them into half moon shapes then discard the peels. Expert tip: Beets can be messy to peel so wearing disposable gloves helps to avoid getting beet juice on your hands. I also like to use a non-wooden cutting board to cut the beets since the wooden boards can easily become stained from the beet juices.
Once the beets are peeled and chopped, place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle them with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss and roast in the beets in the oven at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
While the beets are roasting you can prepare the rest of the salad.
- Chop up the chicken, strawberries and avocado and peel and separate the clementines. Layer the chicken and veggies in a large bowl over the top of the spinach. Add the beets.
- Mix up the dijon dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to emulsify.
- Dress and serve. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it all together to coat everything in the tangy, sweet dressing. Top with fresh chopped dill and parsley.
Get full list of ingredients and recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
This simple beet and goat cheese salad has so much flavor and is super quick and easy to pull together. It would be such a show stopper at any kind of dinner party or gathering with family and friends. It is just perfect for a healthy dinner or as a vibrant side dish.
The combination of the fruits and veggies is amazing in this beet and goat cheese salad and the topping of fresh dill and parsley at the end is the herby finsih that just ties it all together.
What to serve with Beet and Goat cheese Salad
This salad is a complete meal all on it’s own but here are some delicious recipes you can also pair with this salad for a super hearty meal.
- Pair it with some healthy protein dishes, like these 10 Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs , Crispy Breaded Chicken Breast or this hearty Black Bean Burger.
- Enjoy it with some fun sides, like these Kale and Squash Quinoa Patties, Healthy Baked Eggplant Fries, or these No-Oil Sweet Potato Wedges.
- Have it with some delicious soup, such as this Creamy Tomato Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup or this Lemony Lentil Soup.
Storing this salad
The best way to store this beet and goat cheese salad is to store it undressed in an airtight container. You can store the dressing separately in a mason jar or airtight container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
I also like to keep the chicken separate as well and then add it to the salad when I am ready to serve it up.
More delicious salad Recipes
- Simple Orange Citrus Salad
- Easy Kale Salad with Lemon
- Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad
- Mediterranean Israeli Couscous Salad
- Simple Crispy Chickpeas Kale Caesar Salad
Easy Beet Salad Tips and Shortcuts
One of the best things about this beet and goat cheese salad is that it is totally versatile. Here are some tips and shortcuts for preparing this simple salad recipe.
- Switch up the greens. You can use spinach, kale or even arugula in this salad.
- Buy already cooked beets. Most grocery stores carry prepackaged, cooked beets that you can just slice and add to this salad and skip the roasting steps. Although I prefer them roasted, this salad is still amazing with the pre-cooked beets.
- Buy a rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken quickly in the air fryer. To cook the chicken in the air fryer: Season it with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook it at 380 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, turning it over halfway through the cooking time. Once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F it is done. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Make the dressing ahead of time. You can whip up the dressing in the morning and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Make this recipe vegan. To make this recipe vegan, use soft vegan cheese in place of the goat cheese. Use maple syrup as the sweetener in the dressing and crispy oven roasted chickpeas in place of the chicken.
Did you make this recipe? If you did, then please leave a rating and comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram @pinchmegoodfood so I can see your creation.Print