Ranch-seasoned, perfectly roasted carrots that kids and adults alike will LOVE! Only 3 ingredients and 25 minutes to make this healthy side dish that can be paired with any meal. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free.
These Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots were inspired by my true love for carrots and my kid’s love for roasted carrots and ranch dressing. Like most kids, my kids will eat pretty much any vegetable as long as it is paired with ranch dressing. They will even eat some carrot fries once in while.
Enter in these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots to see if they would actually eat them. Well, they didn’t just eat them, they devoured them!
My grandmother used to tell me that eating carrots would make my hair curly since I always wanted curly hair.
I think that was her bribe to get me to eat carrots when I was little. I haven’t found any evidence to back that up yet but I will let you know if I do. I eat lots of carrots and my hair is wavy so maybe she was right. Her go-to was this carrot raisin salad which is so creamy and delicious and also makes a great quick side dish!
Why you’ll love these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots
- Only 3 ingredients!
- Super easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
- Perfectly roasted carrots + ranch seasoning – best flavor combo!
- A great side dish that can be paired with any meal.
Ingredients you will need
- Carrots – large whole carrots that we are going to peel and cut into smaller pieces or you can also use baby carrots but I think that the whole carrots have a bit more flavor.
- Dry ranch seasoning mix – you can use store-bought or make your own.
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil will work.
How to make Roasted Carrots with ranch seasoning
Step one: Peel and slice the carrots. I sliced the carrots at an angle for presentation but you could also slice them into strips like french fries. You want them to be about ¼ inch thick so they get nice and crispy when roasted.
Step two: Drizzle the carrots with olive oil, then sprinkle them with the ranch seasoning. After you drizzle on the olive oil, lightly toss to coat all of the carrots before adding the ranch seasoning.
Step three: Lay the carrots onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray and bake them in the oven at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
So A-MAZING and nutritious! Now try not to eat the whole pan, haha.
- If you feel ambitious and would like to make your own ranch seasoning mix, here is a great recipe!
- You can use sliced whole carrots or baby carrots.
- Avocado oil in place of olive oil works great as well!
- Slice the carrots into ¼-1/2 inch thick slices to ensure the edges get nice and crispy and the carrots become perfectly tender when roasted.
- Use medium-sized carrots that are not too large since they will be sweeter in flavor.
- What carrots work best in this recipe? When selecting carrots to make these easy ranch-roasted carrots, always opt for whole carrots that are firm rather than limp, soft, or rubbery. Good quality, mature carrots should be rather smooth with few blemishes. Rainbow carrots also work great in this recipe!
- How can I make the carrots crispier? If you want the carrots to have crispier edges, then turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees F for the last few minutes of cooking time.
- How do you store leftovers? These carrots store great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven on a sheet pan at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
More healthy side dishes
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Easy Roasted Fennel
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Easy Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
Did you make this ranch-roasted carrots recipe? If so, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear how it turned out!
Update: This recipe and post have been updated with step-by-step photos, recipe tips and FAQs, and an enhanced recipe card.Print