Ranch seasoned, perfectly roasted nutritious carrots that kids and adults alike with LOVE! Perfect side dish or just for healthy snacking. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!!!!
My grandmother used to tell me that eating carrots would make my hair curly since I always wanted curly hair. I think that was her bribe to get me to eat carrots when I was little. I haven’t found any evidence to back that up yet but I will let you know if I do. Actually, after having my kids, my hair did get curly so maybe there is some truth to that.
These Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots were inspired by my true love for carrots and my kid’s love for carrots and ranch dressing. Like any kids, my kids will eat pretty much any vegetable as long as it is paired with ranch dressing. They do occasionally eat roasted broccoli and corn without the ranch, but that is rare.
Enter in these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots to see if they would actually eat them. Well, they didn’t just eat them, they devoured them! YAYYYYYY!!!! I was overjoyed! They actually wanted me to make more but I ran out of carrots. I wonder what other veggies I could doctor up this same way to get them to eat more veggies. More to come on that. Let’s get back to these CRAZY GOOD carrots.
Are carrots good for you?
Yes!!! Carrots contain beta carotene which is a pigment and an antioxidant that our body uses and turns into Vitamin A, an essential vitamin our bodies need for healthy skin, building our immune system, and good eye health. Raw carrots are very nutritious and a great snack for weight loss.
Although, when you cook carrots it releases the beta-carotene, therefore, giving a boost in their nutrition. Now you understand why I am just obsessed with these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots and why I was psyched the kids ate them all!
How to make these Easy Ranch Roasted Carrots
- First, you need to slice the carrots. You can leave the peel on and slice them at an angle since they roast faster and absorb the seasoning better that way.
- Then you just toss them in some olive oil before adding in the ranch seasoning. The olive oil helps the ranch seasoning stick to the carrots better.
- Then Just place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them until they are nice and caramelized. You can really taste the ranch seasoning and they are perfect for little fingers to pick them up and eat them.
A few notes on this recipe
- If you feel ambitious and would like to make your own ranch seasoning mix, here is a great recipe!
- You can use sliced whole carrots or baby carrots in this recipe.
- Avocado oil in place of olive oil works great as well!
You may also like my Crispy Cheesy Vegan Broccoli
- 8 large carrots, sliced - I sliced them at an angle
- 1/2 packet store-bought ranch seasoning mix - about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced carrots into a medium size mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning onto the carrots and toss to coat all of the carrots.
- Pour the carrots in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove, top with some fresh herbs, serve warm, and ENJOY!!!!!
You can store these in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat just heat on a sheet pan in a 350F degree oven for 10 minutes or reheat in the microwave. They may not be as crispy if you reheat them in the microwave but they are still delicous!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 407mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g