This crazy delicious Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad is bursting with flavor! Juicy, taco seasoned ground chicken piled on top of crisp, fresh romaine lettuce and layered in with bright and sweet cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and tender avocado. All drizzled with a creamy herby cilantro lime dressing that is so good! This is a salad you must try!
We love tacos and this super Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad is my go-to on Taco Tuesday or any day we are having taco night in our house. I am obsessed with big salads and this one is my new favorite. I have literally made it three weeks in a row and the flavors surprise me every time I make it!
Super juicy ground chicken seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked until crispy brown. Piled on top of crisp romaine lettuce along with vibrant sweet cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and diced avocado. The best part of all is the insane creamy cilantro lime dressing that is everything in this recipe!
Why you will love this salad
- It is everything you want in a taco but in a big healthy salad!
- You can make it less than 20 minutes!
- It stores great and is a wonderful meal prep recipe.
- It is already gluten free!
- The cilantro lime dressing is literally the best summer dressing, like ever!
Ingredients needed to make this Chicken Taco salad
How to Make this chicken taco salad
You can make this recipe in less than 20 minutes any day of the week!
- Cook the chicken. Heat up a skillet to medium heat, add some olive oil and the ground chicken. Break up the chicken and toss and cook it for a few minutes until most of the pink is gone. Sprinkle on the taco seasoning, toss and cook until the chicken is nice and golden brown. This takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Make the cilantro lime dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse on high until a creamy, smooth dressing forms. It is so good!
- Make the salad. Add the sliced romaine lettuce to a large bowl, top with the cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, corn, red onion, cooked ground chicken and shredded cheese.
- Top and serve. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Yum!
How delicious does that look? Omg! You will love this salad and probably want to make it every week for sure!
How to store this chicken taco salad
This salad stores great and is perfect for meal prepping. The best method for storing this salad and any salad really is to store the chicken, veggies and dressing separately, then assemble when ready to eat.
- Let the chicken cool completely and place it into an airtight container.
- Place all of the veggies in airtight containers as well.
- The dressing can be stored best in a mason jar fitted with a tight lid but you can also store it in an airtight container as well.
- Place everything into the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Yay!
Make ahead tips
Making this chicken taco salad ahead of time is so super easy for you to do on Sunday and enjoy it all week long. This is also a great salad to pack for a healthy lunch.
To make this salad ahead simply follow the instructions for storing this salad above. Easy peasy.
What to serve with this salad
This recipe is great as a complete meal all on it’s own but you can also serve it alongside some other healthy side dishes. Here are some of my faves.
- Taco Seasoned Crispy Chickpeas a wonderful crispy addition to this meal.
- Easy 15 Minute Air Fryer Carrot Fries that make a great side dish to this recipe and pack on even more veggies.
- Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Mini Peppers that are kind of like healthy nachos.
More Mexican Inspired Healthy Recipes
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
- Quick and Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Simple Instant Pot Healthy Turkey Chili
- Easy Vegetarian Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe tips and variations
- You can use ground chicken or ground turkey in this recipe. You can even make it meat free and use crumbled tofu or beans in place of the meat.
- Switch up the greens and use spinach or sliced kale in place of the romaine lettuce.
- Make this recipe dairy free by using dairy free shredded cheese or just leave the cheese out. It will still be crazy good!
- Add even more veggies by including some diced bell peppers or roasted sweet potatoes.
- To make your own taco seasoning – Combine the following ingredients together in a small bowl- 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add some salsa or sour cream for even more toppings.
- To store this salad: Place all Ingredients separately into airtight containers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Assemble when ready to eat!
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear from you!Print