This incredible Vegan Parmesan Cheese is so simple to make and almost better than the real thing. A dairy-free parmesan cheese that everyone will love. Made with only 4 ingredients, raw cashews, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. It comes together in less than 1 minute and lasts for weeks. Vegan and gluten free!
For a long time my husband and I were Vegan and we loved it! We felt good and enjoyed learning how to cook new and different healthy foods we had never tried before. This Vegan Parmesan Cheese was one of those recipes I created to fulfil our need for a vegan version of our favorite cheese and this recipe sealed the deal.
I really love the texture and incredible flavor of this vegan parmesan and it really does act as an amazing stand in to the dairy version. This recipe is fully dairy free and gluten free so it is something everyone can enjoy.
What is vegan parmesan cheese?
Vegan Parmesan Cheese is a dairy free substitute for real parmesan cheese that is full of Whole Foods like nuts and nutritional yeast that also has a great amount of nutrition. We love to add it to our Chickpea Flour Pizza, on top of this Vegetarian Lasagna or on this Eggplant Parmesan. It is so good!
Here are some great nutritional benefits of this recipe!
- Plant-based protein
- Vitamin B and C
- Healthy fats – Omega 3s
- Folic acid
Not to mention the addition of the hemp seeds which have all nine essential amino acids. SCORE! This is the stuff you want to add to all of your meals for that extra boost of nutrition. And get this, my kids LOVE it! Happy mommy!
The texture of this recipe is really amazing and there is so much flavor from the garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
What ingredients are in this vegan parmesan cheese
How to make vegan parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a food processor
- Pulse on high for 30-45 seconds until all of the ingredients are broken down into a chunky, crazy good cheese.
That’s it! How super simple is that? Ready in less than one minute and it is so good!
I just love this recipe and it stores great too!
How to store vegan parmesan cheese
This recipe stores great for days in a mason jar with a tight lid or in any type of airtight container but it must be refrigerated and should last up to 3 weeks. Isn’t that awesome?
Can you substitute the cashews with other types of nuts in this recipe?
I have found that cashews work best but you can certainly try other nuts like almonds or walnuts. It will change the taste and texture but will still be delicious. You can also leave the nuts out completely and make this without them.
What to serve with this vegan parmesan cheese?
You can add this dairy-free nut and seed parmesan to so many types of other recipes for added taste, texture and nutrition. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Add it as a topping on salads or soups, such as this Easy Kale Salad, this Lemony Lentil Soup or this Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup.
- Sprinkle it on top of pizza or lasagna. Such as this Chickpea Flour Pizza, Spinach Lasagna Roll ups, or this Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Use it as a topping on fries. Such as these No Oil Sweet Potato Wedges, these Crispy Paleo Sweet Potato Fries or these amazing Eggplant Fries.
Here are some other Recipes using parmesan that you may also love!
- Use raw unsalted cashews. This will help you be able to control the salt in this recipe. Plus I find that raw cashews break down better and give the vegan parmesan cheese a nice texture.
- You can use garlic powder or garlic cloves. I tend to use garlic powder in this recipe but if you want to use minced garlic, then 2-3 cloves, minced works fine as well.
- Adding olive oil to this recipe. If you drizzle in a little bit of olive oil as the other ingredients are blending, it will give this recipe more of a traditional parmesan texture. This also helps it almost melt a little bit more when you bake it on top of a lasagna or Mac and cheese.
- To store this recipe. Store in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do then please leave a rating and comment below. I would love to hear how yours turned out.Print