Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
These healthier Chocolate Chip Blondies are Gluten Free, Paleo, and are the best easy dessert EVER! They are a mix between a healthy brownie and a chocolate chip cookie and are so addictive!
Since I have already shared my healthy brownies and my sweet potato brownies, I thought I really needed a chocolate chip blondies recipe on the blog. So here it is! Now, be careful because anyone you make these brownies for will come back for more!
My family went crazy over these blondies! They come out perfectly thick and cakey but also have this nice fudgy texture to them. It’s hard to believe they are healthy and so good but they really are! TRUST ME!
They are made with all the whole ingredients like almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs, and chocolate chips. Which is what makes them even better!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This an easy healthier blondie brownie recipe you can feel good about eating.
- Paleo and Gluten Free!
- No refined flour or refined sugar!
- Very easy to make in only a few simple steps.
- Made with all whole ingredients.
- Cakey, fudgy and so DELICIOUS!
What Are Blondies?
Blondies are lighter “blonde brownie” that is made similar to a traditional brownie but without cocoa powder. These are usually made with flour, butter, brown sugar, and eggs. They are still cakey and fudgy like a regular brownie but not chocolatey.
In this chocolate chip blondie recipe, we omit the white flour and brown sugar and use almond butter, almond flour, coconut sugar, and maple syrup to keep them a little lighter and healthier. The addition of dark chocolate chips gives them a nice hint of chocolate without it being overpowering.
Ingredients you will need
- Almond butter – make sure to use creamy, drippy almond butter. You can also use peanut butter, cashew butter, or sun butter.
- Almond flour – fine-blanched almond flour. This recipe will not work with gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Eggs – you will need 2 large eggs.
- Coconut oil – you can also use butter.
- Coconut sugar – or brown sugar. If you use brown sugar then omit the maple syrup.
- Maple syrup – real maple syrup to balance out the coconut sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Salt – to enhance all of the flavors.
- Chocolate Chips – I used Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip blondies with almond butter
- Mix up the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, slice, and serve!
- Make sure to use drippy, creamy almond butter and not chunky or smooth almond butter. This gives the brownies a nice moist and fudgy center.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper so you can easily remove the brownies from the pan while they cool. This also makes it easier when you slice them.
- Bake the blondie brownies until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with only a few wet crumbs on it. I suggest checking at around 50 minutes then continue baking if needed. They will continue to cook a little bit more as they cool.
FAQs for making chocolate chip blondies
You can eat these chocolate chip blondies on their own or serve them topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Either way, they are DELICIOUS!
Blondies are similar to chocolate chip cookies since most people prefer them to be gooey in the center. While some prefer them to be light and fluffy. This really depends on your preference. The longer you bake them the less gooey and more fluffy they will become.
Yes, you can! You can use creamy peanut butter, cashew butter, or sun butter in this recipe. Just make sure it is creamy and runny and not chunky.
Blondies can be stored after they have cooled completely, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Desserts To Try!
- Healthy Black Bean Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
- Monster Cookie Energy Bites
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you make this chocolate chip blondies recipe? If you did, then please leave a comment and rating below. I would love to hear how they turned out!Print
Chocolate Chip Blondies – Gluten-Free
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 10 people 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Light, buttery, decadent, healthy chocolate chip blondies made from almond butter, almond flour, coconut oil, eggs, coconut sugar, and, chocolate chips. Gluten-free, Paleo and so easy to make! Your new go-to dessert!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (plus more for topping) – I used Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond butter, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly to the edges of the pan. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted, comes out slightly clean with a few wet crumbs on it.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Once they have cooled, remove them from the pan, slice them, and enjoy!
- Storing – these blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Almond butter – make sure to use drippy, creamy almond butter. You can also use peanut butter, cashew butter or sun butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip blondies, blondie brownies, almond butter, gluten free, blondies
Just found your recipes for blondie brownies and the kale salad! I’m dairy-free, GF, egg free and lots of other foods that I have to limit.
Hi Anita, I was also gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free for a while. You can try swapping the eggs with flax egg (flax seeds mixed with water) and see how that works out. Please let me know If you try it so I can add it to my notes. For the kale salad you can swap the parmesan cheese with my vegan parmesan cheese recipe. I have done that before and it is just as good!
I just found this recipe last week and have already made it twice. My family (who is not gluten-free) LOVES it! I double it and put it in a 13×9 pan and bake it about 5 min longer. I also swap out about 1/4 c of the chocolate chips for pecans.
Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you Leah! I am so glad you and your family liked it. It’s one of our favorites for sure!
I like the looks of the recipe. However, because of chocolate allergies, I would have to do something about the chocolate in the recipe.