These Gluten-Free Almond Flour Blondies will have you forgetting that it is Monday and bring you back to dreaming about the weekend. My kids ate these up like it was their job and I felt good about it since I swapped out a few unhealthy ingredients that are usually found in this type recipe. Now, I LOVE Blondies! They are one of my favorite desserts and I am super picky about how they taste since they have to be super soft and moist and have the right combination of cakey goodness and buttery texture to chocolate chips. I believe this recipe fits those requirements to a T.
These were so thick, cakey but also nice and buttery with the perfect ratio of mini chocolate chips. Such a delicious treat for those of us that do not eat desserts often. These also make a nice alternative to chocolate chip cookies and I bet would be even better with a little vanilla ice cream on top!
Here are all of my secrets on how I made these a little better for you so you can enjoy them even more!
Ingredients I swapped out?
Standard recipe contains: White flour.
My swap: Almond flour or gluten free all purpose flour can be used as well.
Standard recipe contains: Whole lot of real butter.
My swap: Half vegan butter plus half melted coconut oil plus some all natural peanut butter
Standard recipe contains: Brown and white sugar.
My swap: Half coconut sugar plus half organic brown sugar
I also used dairy-free mini chocolate chips instead of regular mini chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did! Happy baking!
If you like this recipe then you will want to check out my other healthy-ish desserts:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, coconut oil, and sugars in a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add in the eggs and the egg yolk, one at a time along with the vanilla and the peanut butter and whisk everything together.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour with the baking powder, corn starch, and salt and whisk to fully combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a rubber spatula to combine all of the ingredients. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly in the pan. Place the pan in the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done, remove the blondies from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes before cutting. ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 135mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 19g Protein: 7g