I know so many of us are obsessed with the Starbucks Egg White Spinach Feta Wrap. I know I am. Except I heard that it was pre-frozen, which is fine but you can make your own at home in minutes, so why not have a fresh version whenever you want to? Especially a version you can make ahead and freeze so you have them on hand for a quick breakfast or even for a healthy grab and go snack.
This wrap is so easy to make that I make it probably a few times a week. That may be too much of a good thing but I really love it! I hope you do too!
What ingredients do you need to make a spinach feta wrap?
- Egg whites
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Feta cheese
- Sun-dried tomato spread or just sun-dried tomatoes
Like I said, I make these all the time and you can make a bunch ahead and freeze them. Love that!
Four easy steps and you are on your way to enjoying a delicious, protein-packed breakfast.
How to make a Spinach Feta Wrap
First step, cook the spinach and then pour in the egg whites.
Cook the egg whites the same way you would to make an omelet. This makes it easier to fold them up into a wrap.
You can easily do this by folding the cooked egg whites into thirds. While you are folding the cooked egg whites, sprinkle in the feta cheese in between each layer. This ensures a nice cheesy center in every bite!
Then wrap them up! I used Mission Low Carb Tortillas that have a lot of protein and fiber. I have also used whole wheat lavash since it is larger and easier to fold. You can really use any kind of wrap for this. I love options.
To assemble, just spread some of the sun-dried tomato spread onto the wrap, layer on the cooked egg whites and spinach, another sprinkle of feta cheese and wrap it up like a burrito.
Heat up the pan you cooked the eggs and spinach in and gently brown both sides of the wrap to help it stay together and get it nice and crispy. It is the perfect breakfast. It’s so good!!
Can you freeze a spinach feta wrap?
Yes! It is so easy too!
- After you cook them, let them cool completely and skip the last step of browning them in the pan.
- Wrap each one up in parchment paper, then foil and place them into a freezer-friendly bag. Label the bag and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
- When ready to eat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator, unwrap it from the freezer packaging, wrap it up in a paper towel and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and brown it on both sides.
Check out some more of my “Egg inspired” protein-packed recipesPrint
Protein-packed Egg White Spinach Feta Wrap. That is the perfect breakfast and it can be made ahead. Soft egg whites mixed with hearty spinach and creamy feta cheese paired with vibrant sun-dried tomato puree spread onto a whole grain wrap. This is the BEST way to start your day!
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 8 egg whites (or 1 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato spread (or just chopped sun-dried tomatoes)
- Heat up a medium-size skillet to medium-low heat, spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. A nonstick pan would be best.
- Add a 1/2 cup of the spinach to the pan and cook until slightly wilted.
- Add 4 of the egg whites (about 1/2 cup if using liquid egg whites) to a small mixing bowl and lightly whisk, then add the whisked egg whites to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg whites in an even layer, once they are done, run a rubber spatula around the edge and fold into thirds, sprinkling feta cheese into between each layer.
- Remove and let cool for a minute. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 cup of spinach and egg whites.
- Layout the tortillas, spread 1/4 cup of the tomato puree all over each tortilla, top each with the cooked egg whites and spinach and roll them up like a burrito.
- Heat up a pan on the stovetop to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place the rolled-up tortilla’s on the pan and cook to brown on all sides. About 1 minute per side. Start with the seam side down.
- Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes. Serve warm, slice and enjoy!
This is best if eaten right away but you can cool it, wrap it in some foil and store it in the fridge for a couple of days. To reheat: Heat up a nonstick skillet and cook for 1 minute per side, slice and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet cooked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spinach, feta, spinach feta wrap, egg white wraps, egg white recipe, healthy breakfast wraps