I know so many of us are obsessed with the Starbucks Egg White Spinach Feta Wrap. I know I am. Except I heard that it was pre-frozen, which is fine but you can make your own at home in minutes, so why not have a fresh version whenever you want to? Especially a version you can make ahead and freeze so you have them on hand for a quick breakfast or even for a healthy grab and go snack.
This wrap is so easy to make that I make it probably a few times a week. That may be too much of a good thing but I really love it! I hope you do too!
Why you will love this recipe
- It’s homemade and packed with delicious ingredients
- Low-carb, packed with protein and veggies
- Very easy to make and comes together in less than 10 minutes
- Totally make-ahead recipe that can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Kid + Husband approved but I used whole eggs and skipped the sun-dried tomatoes for the kids
What ingredients do you need to make a spinach feta wrap?
- Egg whites
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Feta cheese
- Sun-dried tomato spread or just sun-dried tomatoes
As I said, I make these all the time and you can make a bunch ahead and freeze them. Love that!
Four easy steps and you are on your way to enjoying a delicious, protein-packed breakfast.
How to make a Spinach Feta Wrap
- Cook the spinach. To cook the spinach, heat up a pan with some olive oil to medium heat, add in the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach cooks down and is slightly wilted.
- Then whisk up the egg whites, season them with salt and pepper, and pour them into the pan over the spinach. You will want to turn the pan down to low-medium heat so the egg whites don’t burn.
3. Cook the egg whites the same way you would make an omelet. This makes it easier to fold them up into a wrap. To do this, let them spread out evenly in the pan and cook until firm. About 3-4 minutes, maybe less.
4. Then you can easily fold over the cooked egg whites into thirds. While you are folding the cooked egg whites, sprinkle in the feta cheese in between each layer. This ensures a nice cheesy center in every bite!
5. To assemble, just spread some of the sun-dried tomatoes spread onto the wrap, layer on the cooked egg whites and spinach, another sprinkle of feta cheese, and wrap it up like a burrito.
6. Heat up the pan you cooked the eggs and spinach in and gently brown both sides of the wrap to help it stay together and get it nice and crispy. It is the perfect breakfast. It’s so good!!
Can you freeze a spinach feta wrap?
Yes! It is so easy too!
- After you cook them, let them cool completely and skip the last step of browning them in the pan.
- Wrap each one up in parchment paper, then foil and place them into a freezer-friendly bag. Label the bag and place them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
- When ready to eat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator, unwrap it from the freezer packaging, wrap it up in a paper towel and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and brown it on both sides.
Did you try this recipe? If you did then please leave a comment and rating below.Print