Simple Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – Hearty kale, crunchy pecans, tart dried cranberries, quinoa, goat cheese, and amazing crispy, roasted sweet potatoes. Topped with a delicious mustard vinaigrette dressing. Vegetarian, gluten-free and so DELICIOUS!
I don’t know about you but Kale is by far my favorite green and it has so much nutrition it’s insane! So versatile as well.
In my opinion, the best way to eat this hearty green is in salad form like this simple Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad. A statement salad to say the least just like my Easy Kale Salad With Lemon Dressing.
This salad combines hearty, beautiful curly kale, tart dried cranberries, nutty, crunchy pecans, fluffy quinoa, goat cheese, and the most unbelievable roasted sweet potatoes.
A salad that simply blew me away and it is so gorgeous! My Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Black Beans is another fav recipe of mine.
Is Kale Good For You?
Yes! It is one of the most powerful superfoods due to its nutrition profile as well as accessibility, and the fact that it is very inexpensive.
Nutrients in kale:
- Vitamins A, B, and C,
- Plant-based protein
A crazy amount of nutrition, and GUESS WHAT? It’s also DELICIOUS!
Ingredients for this Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This would be such an incredible salad to serve for the holidays or even for a weeknight healthy dinner. It is also perfect for meal prep. Store it in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge and dress when ready to eat!
How to make this simple kale and roasted sweet potato salad
Roast the sweet potatoes – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes, spread them out onto the sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy.
Place the kale into a large bowl, drizzle it with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and massage it for 1-2 minutes with your fingers to break it down a little.
Add the roasted sweet potato along with the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl with the kale and toss.
Make the Italian Vinaigrette dressing
Combine the vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, dried oregano, salt and pepper in a mason jar, cover tightly and shake well to emulsify. You can also add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk them together to emulsify.
Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss. It’s crazy good!
The combination of these ingredients matched so well together and created such a hearty and easy kale salad recipe that can be served as a meal or just as
Simple Kale And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 bunches curly kale washed and massaged
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Roast the sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Add the diced sweet potatoes to a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil onto the potatoes along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Pour the sweet potatoes onto a sprayed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
Make the dressing
- Add the red wine vinegar, garlic, dijon mustard, dried oregano, honey, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and whisk well while drizzling in the olive oil to emulsify.
Build the salad
- Add the massaged kale to a salad bowl or platter, top with the cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, pecans, cranberries, and goat cheese. Pour on the dressing, toss lightly and serve.